GDT: Super Bowl XLVII

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm entirely blah on both, and am simply cheering for the NFC.

Despite all of the attention the SB gets, I care about it less and less every year except for when my team beats the Pats.

If the Super Bowl was ever Seattle and Jacksonville, I think I'd die of happyness.

I grew up a Seahawks fan soley because of Brian Bosworth (Still have his jersey) and they're still a close 2nd to my Jags :)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If the Super Bowl was ever Seattle and Jacksonville, I think I'd die of happyness.

I grew up a Seahawks fan soley because of Brian Bosworth (Still have his jersey) and they're still a close 2nd to my Jags :)

I would seriously like to see Jacksonville make it to the Super Bowl one day just to see all the butthurt the analysts and those who keep calling for the team to move would have.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The Seahawks getting to the Super Bowl would be the ONLY way I would have any interest as a VERY casual NFL fan. The rest of the playoff teams were outright garbage to me in terms of drawing interest, or in the case of the Pats and Ravens teams I outright hate. I'm not going to watch a game between a team I have no interest in and a team I hate for the NFL the same way I don't for college sports, regardless of if it's the championship. Can't say I watched a second of MSU-Florida about a dozen years back for example.

Doesn't help that I actually find the NFL a much less entertaining brand of football anymore.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't think I've seen an athlete get that emotional during the national anthem since maybe shortly after 9/11 when everything got back to normal.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
images

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Eh, Halftime show was ok. There could be worse performers.

Also, Niners are toast. I can't see them coming back from this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad