NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVII: (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs vs (NFC) Philadelphia Eagles

KC vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"The completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003 confirmed humans are 99.9% identical at the DNA level and there is no genetic basis for race". Race and genetics versus ‘race’ in genetics: A systematic review of the use of African ancestry in genetic studies.

I don't like the media playing the 2 black QBs angle. They're individuals and human beings. Also, genetically speaking race doesn't exist.
Kinda confused here, I guess we can not talk about whenever the media makes it a macro issue? It seems the discussion of the DNA of 2 players in the game is even more specific than that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
At what point to we declare Reid a better coach than Belichick? Reid has had success with 6 different QB’s.

can-tell-if-were-joking-or-not-david-rose.gif

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Belichick has six times the rings, 8 if you consider his 2 SB as the Giants DC
Brady has* FIFU, at this point Belichick’s DC wins are more impressive for his resume with the offensives he stopped but he still needed the GOAT of defense to make it happen.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm not sure but I'll pick the Chiefs. Really the only reason I'll root for the Eagles is to listen to the Philadelphia police scanner, last night was pretty wild.
Feel like KC needs to run the ball vs Philly which they don’t typically like to do. But I think they need to slow their OL t play downhill a or vs a deep DL. Can’t always be in pass pro.

They need to take some shots deep Early to loosen the underneath stuff.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
How healthy can the Chiefs get in two weeks? Not just Mahomes.

When you lose 3 of your top 4 receivers (or 5 if you include Kelce) - you could just see how Reid and Mahomes were just trying to duct-tape some plays with a bunch of deep depth guys in the second half of the AFC title game. Then on defense you have Gay Jr and your top corner in Snead also injured - clearly hurt against the Bengals - whether deep balls to Chase and Higgins or having inexperienced guys on the field (the 3rd and long with a minute left to Hurst was just blown coverage). It won’t be any easier against Brown, Smith and Goedert.

But probably this game is won along the lines where you have the Eagles nearly historic rush against a very good offensive line and then on the flip, a totally possessed Chris Jones and an aggressive defense against maybe the best o-line in the league. In both cases, the Chiefs have very, very good fronts but the Eagles have the best at both.

Eagles are rightfully favored at this point. Not sure how any Eagles fan can pull the “we are being disrespected card” though...been listening to NFL podcasts all morning and pretty much every pundit thinks this is the Eagles SB to win.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When it comes to ‘disrespect,’ we all watched the Last Dance right? We all see social media, right? People can, and will, make up anything they can to determine they need to manufacture some kind of personal grievance to overcome no matter how innocuous. It’s become human nature that the best of us is only achieved because we’re mad about something.

The discourse and narrative for two weeks is almost always completely nauseating. Big reason I functionally consider yesterday to be the end of football season.

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Eagles I believe are the better team here.
In all areas minus the quarterback position.

Mahomes would need to work his magic against this Eagles team.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When it comes to ‘disrespect,’ we all watched the Last Dance right? We all see social media, right? People can, and will, make up anything they can to determine they need to manufacture some kind of personal grievance to overcome no matter how innocuous. It’s become human nature that the best of us is only achieved because we’re mad about something.

The discourse and narrative for two weeks is almost always completely nauseating. Big reason I functionally consider yesterday to be the end of football season.
Right. Like how you’ll see a QB picked #1 overall talk about how no one ever believed in him. Not every player needs this, but for those who do, they’ll invent any adversity needed to motivate themselves.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
When it comes to ‘disrespect,’ we all watched the Last Dance right? We all see social media, right? People can, and will, make up anything they can to determine they need to manufacture some kind of personal grievance to overcome no matter how real it isn’t. It’s become human nature that the best of us is only achieved because we’re mad about something.
Look at what Kirby did with Georgia. He legitimately convinced them preseason expectations were that they were a 7-5 team :laugh:. Their best edge rusher said that in an interview after the game. Definitely possible.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
"The completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003 confirmed humans are 99.9% identical at the DNA level and there is no genetic basis for race". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8604262/#:~:text=The completion of the Human,no genetic basis for race.

I don't like the media playing the 2 black QBs angle. They're individuals and human beings. Also, genetically speaking race doesn't exist.
Aren’t you adorable.

You can like or not like whatever you want, but that doesn’t change the truth of this being the first time it has happened.

Reactions: Fish on The Sand

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Look at what Kirby did with Georgia. He legitimately convinced them preseason expectations were that they were a 7-5 team :laugh:. Their best edge rusher said that in an interview after the game. Definitely possible.
The Eagles did the same thing in 2018. Had to hear about how no one believed in the defending Super Bowl champions.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Brady has* FIFU, at this point Belichick’s DC wins are more impressive for his resume with the offensives he stopped but he still needed the GOAT of defense to make it happen.
Most great coaches had great QBs. This is nonsense

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We went from two very likeable teams last year, to two unlikeable teams this year :laugh:

Outside of Kelce and people not on team (Mahomes brother) is there really anything to not like about Chiefs?

As for Eagles I don't recall anyone of players being issues its more well the people of Philadelphia that is at issue not the actual team.

If anything, the Bengals with Apple and few others are unlikeable, and the Rams had a bunch of douchebags so the "They are likeable" is odd. I liked Stafford winning and Kupp/Donald are amazing to watch but outside of that I wasn't all that happy for them.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Outside of Kelce and people not on team (Mahomes brother) is there really anything to not like about Chiefs?

As for Eagles I don't recall anyone of players being issues its more well the people of Philadelphia that is at issue not the actual team.

If anything, the Bengals with Apple and few others are unlikeable, and the Rams had a bunch of douchebags so the "They are likeable" is odd. I liked Stafford winning and Kupp/Donald are amazing to watch but outside of that I wasn't all that happy for them.

The Eagles do have Suh, who is pretty hard to like, though he is a part time player I think

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
How healthy can the Chiefs get in two weeks? Not just Mahomes.

When you lose 3 of your top 4 receivers (or 5 if you include Kelce) - you could just see how Reid and Mahomes were just trying to duct-tape some plays with a bunch of deep depth guys in the second half of the AFC title game. Then on defense you have Gay Jr and your top corner in Snead also injured - clearly hurt against the Bengals - whether deep balls to Chase and Higgins or having inexperienced guys on the field (the 3rd and long with a minute left to Hurst was just blown coverage). It won’t be any easier against Brown, Smith and Goedert.

But probably this game is won along the lines where you have the Eagles nearly historic rush against a very good offensive line and then on the flip, a totally possessed Chris Jones and an aggressive defense against maybe the best o-line in the league. In both cases, the Chiefs have very, very good fronts but the Eagles have the best at both.

Eagles are rightfully favored at this point. Not sure how any Eagles fan can pull the “we are being disrespected card” though...been listening to NFL podcasts all morning and pretty much every pundit thinks this is the Eagles SB to win.

We don’t know the severity of the injuries do we? The game is in 2 weeks. Guys are going to play even at less than 100 percent

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

This is where the Eagles were less than a year and a half ago :laugh:. Much can change in the NFL in short period of time. Happened last time when they won.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1