NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVII: (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs vs (NFC) Philadelphia Eagles

KC vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's been a decade Andy Reid coaching against the Eagles isn't particularly interesting as a storyline. How many times have the rosters turned over since then.
When Philadelphia is involved, yes it is.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This is the biggest Super Bowl QB advantage since ______?
Mahomes vs Jimmy G

Brady vs Foles (Eagles won. But that Butler thing...)

Wilson vs Manning. But..Seattle had an all time great D.

Most of the QB matchups lately have been good.

I would be absolutely shocked if Philly won. I just don't see a way it happens with the gap in QB's.

Two weeks to heal that ankle. Kelce's injury is a non issue. Everyone will be healthy.

I think Philly winning in two blowouts may kind of hurt them in a way too. Because Hurts has had to do very little. What happens if Mahomes is getting TD's and the game is close? Will Hurts feel the pressure and make mistakes? I get Jimmy G vibes.

Keep underestimating the Eagles. Been happening all year, don't know why this game would be any different.
Because they won alot of close games during the season. Some flukey things. No adversity during the postseason.

KC beat Jags & a hard fought win over Bengals.

Eagles beat an inferior Giants club and a 4th string QB today.

Well now they step up in weight class soto speak.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
will root for the chiefs but either team can win and i wouldn't mind jalen hurts getting a superbowl would be cool.. burrow will get atleast 2 by time he retires also i believe so this loss hurts now but he will be back

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Eagles are the better team at most positions. Chiefs beat one team that was any good in the playoffs(and since Cincy had a sieve of an o-line....). They also had plenty of suspect wins against poor teams(Texans,Vegas, Denver twice), so it's not like they didn't struggle plenty against poor or average teams. Philly has a better defense, better o and d lines, better running game, and better wide receivers.

I hear a bunch about how soft the Eagles schedule was, when in fact both teams played 8 games in the reg season against teams over .500, with Philly 7-1(only loss without Hurts), Chiefs, 6-2. Looking at overall SOS, Eagles opp record 156-127-4, rank #1, K.C. 147-140, #16. Tell me more though about how weak Philly's schedule was lol or how they're moving up in weight class lulz.

Reactions: montreal

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
At first glance, I expect Philly to play a ball controlled game. Use Hurts, OL, and running game to maintain possession of the ball. Try to wear down Jones/Clark.

KC needs some healthy bodies at WR. If they are hampered, going to get more crowded over the intermediate routes for Kelce. KC needs to gain balance and run the ball. KC left points on the board today. Need to clean that up.

Should be a good game either way.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I need to know if this is the first time that the Super Bowl is hosting two teams that played there earlier in the season, when it's not the home stadium of one of the teams (because we saw that 2 years ago).
Super Bowl 48 definitely. Both the Broncos and Seattle played the Giants at Metlife Stadium.

Reactions: GKJ

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Going Eagles by 10.

Mahomes is obviously a difference maker, but he is really banged up and Philly's D will get after him big time.

Outside of QB, the Eagles just look like the better team everywhere else.

Wouldn't shock me if KC won but I'll be betting Eagles.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Because they won alot of close games during the season. Some flukey things. No adversity during the postseason.

KC beat Jags & a hard fought win over Bengals.

Eagles beat an inferior Giants club and a 4th string QB today.

Well now they step up in weight class soto speak.
Eagles had the softest schedule in the league too.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Eagles have a better roster and haven't had to play a real playoff game yet, so they should be pretty fresh. If Mahomes and the skill players can get close to healthy over the next two weeks I still like their chances. The defense has really come on and is better than they get credit for, and while the Eagles have playmakers everywhere, Spags has shown he can come up with good game plans in the postseason. But, a hobbled Mahomes throwing to Marcus Kemp and Skyy Moore isn't going to cut it against Philly's secondary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad