Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LVI - Bengals vs. Rams - Brady officially retires - McDaniels to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
BHR-L-frontpage-220205-A001.jpg

Seven African American GM's now in the NFL, have hired zero minority head coaches.

Eric Bienenmy didn't even get an interview in Chicago after working with Poles for seven seasons.

Demeco Ryans and Byron Leftwich pulling their names out of the ring were extremely sad to me. Both should have been hired this year. In Leftwich's case I hope it's a thing where he was promised the Buccs job when Arians retires.

Ryans I wanted for Minnesota desperately.

Reactions: EvilDead

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If you like money pound the under in the Pro Bowl today.

They made some rule changes to make the game go faster.

And the under has hit 5 of the last 7, with the last 5 averaging 52. The number is 63.5.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Seven African American GM's now in the NFL, have hired zero minority head coaches.

Eric Bienenmy didn't even get an interview in Chicago after working with Poles for seven seasons.

Demeco Ryans and Byron Leftwich pulling their names out of the ring were extremely sad to me. Both should have been hired this year. In Leftwich's case I hope it's a thing where he was promised the Buccs job when Arians retires.

There's a pretty sad explanation for this that probably isn't appropriate to get into here.

Bieniemy is an interesting case. The media makes a big deal out of him not being hired, but you just know that whichever organization hired him would get absolutely slammed for hiring someone with his legal rap sheet.

I think Leftwich got screwed by Shad Khan's weird loyalty to Trent Baalke. I do feel bad for him because this was clearly his shot. Maybe he does a good job developing Trask, but there are moments where you realize coaches missed their chance.

Demeco Ryans and Jerod Mayo are smart to wait for the perfect opportunity. They're young and have a ton of money from their playing career. They don't need to be desperate and take any job that's offered. For example, I thought Flores made a mistake jumping at the Miami job, though I'll admit there was definitely bias, considering I wanted him to be the heir to Belichick.

Reactions: LouJersey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just a word of caution here please.

Please stay strictly to the incident, Rooney rule, etc if thats what you want to discuss in addition to Super Bowl, general NFL, Pro Bowl.

No social remarks on whether you think there is reverse racism or whataboutism in regard to race in a social sense.
This isnt the place for it.
Thanks.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If you like money pound the under in the Pro Bowl today.

They made some rule changes to make the game go faster.

And the under has hit 5 of the last 7, with the last 5 averaging 52. The number is 63.5.

Anyone who listens to me is a moron. I can't be responsible for your stupid brain, you big dummy.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I came across this channel on youtube where this guy covers a lot of old NFL stuff, and this video in particular fascinated me. The final week of 1980 must've been an incredibly frustrating experience for Pats fans. It looks like if John Smith didn't shank that kick when John Lennon died two weeks earlier, the Pats might've been the #1 seed, and instead they miss the playoffs on a series of events where everything has to go wrong in 5 other games across the league.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I came across this channel on youtube where this guy covers a lot of old NFL stuff, and this video in particular fascinated me. The final week of 1980 must've been an incredibly frustrating experience for Pats fans. It looks like if John Smith didn't shank that kick when John Lennon died two weeks earlier, the Pats might've been the #1 seed, and instead they miss the playoffs on a series of events where everything has to go wrong in 5 other games across the league.

One Pats team, maybe 87 or 88 lost 3 good defensive starters for the season in their final pre-season game.

That was pretty unlucky too.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’d rather turn to Stidham than Fraudgers

I’d rather not make the playoffs than constantly be humiliated at home in them. Still blows my mind that some people put him on that tier with the Brady’s and Montana’s

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

It usually depends on the organization, but a lot of GMs do not wield the power to decided the coach. Its usually entirely ownership and upper execs. So I wouldn't look at the fact that their are 7 minority gms and say they are part of the issue.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I’d rather turn to Stidham than Fraudgers

I’d rather not make the playoffs than constantly be humiliated at home in them. Still blows my mind that some people put him on that tier with the Brady’s and Montana’s
No chance in hell BB is dealing with Rodgers antics.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad