Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LVI - Bengals vs. Rams - Brady officially retires - McDaniels to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If nothing comes from this or the Dolphins, no player should ever be disciplined again

My prediction is that Flores will have Ross dead-to-rights on the $100k per intentional loss offer and Stephen Ross still won't face any meaningful punishment.

31 billionaire pieces of shit. And the one team without an actual owner has Aaron Rodgers so f*** the Packers too.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Oh boy...

Bill's role in all of this got revealed to be a lot deeper than just surface level. Oof.

Belichick has very famously influenced some team's head coaching hires. Not just for guys he knew like Joe Judge either, but also for someone like John Harbaugh he didn't know. (Lot of goodwill that earned him with that whiny lowlife.)

Even if he told the Giants he'd hire Daboll that doesn't really mean he did anything wrong.

Reactions: CDJ

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Belichick has very famously influenced some team's head coaching hires. Not just for guys he knew like Joe Judge either, but also for someone like John Harbaugh he didn't know. (Lot of goodwill that earned him with that whiny lowlife.)

Even if he told the Giants he'd hire Daboll that doesn't really mean he did anything wrong.
Yeah, I just don't see how this is a problem for Hoodie. It's not like he made the hire and he benefits with Daboll out of the division.

Reactions: EverettMike

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Oh boy...

Bill's role in all of this got revealed to be a lot deeper than just surface level. Oof.

I am not the biggest Belichick fan and I hope Flores beats the NFL but he loses me with this part of it.

Belichick made him DC and he ultimately landed a head coaching job. If the New York Giants are asking Belichick which of his former assistants they should hire, we're now to believe he had it out for Flores? Why would that be? Maybe Bill gave them an honest opinion that Daboll did great work with Josh Allen and could help Daniel Jones. I just do not understand why Flores is so hell bent on dinging Belichick here. Considering Belichick at least gave Flores his start in the industry I don't agree with this "attack".

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
How I imagine the phone call.

Giants: Hey Bill. We just want to ask your opinion on Daboll. As a human being and as a coach.

Bill: Yeah Giants. Daboll is a good coach. I liked him a lot when he was here. Great guy. You'd love him.

Giants: Okay great. Thanks for the info coach. We like hearing that.

Bill: No problem. Good luck!

There's nothing wrong with a team asking about a potential hire. I'm going to assume the Raiders asked Bill about Josh. And I'm sure Miami asked too about Brian. I support Flores, but it seems he's trying to drag Bill into something that has nothing to do with Bill.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
DB21-F3-AA-F133-4-C44-9929-8-AC4722-BC9-FE.gif

Reactions: KrejciMVP

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I expect the Flores camp, translation: very expensive law firm, will leak what they have as evidence on the $100K offer. Me thinks Ross is cooked.

Think the NFL settles with Flores and an NFL team hires him as a DC. All guess work but I think that's the way it ends up.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Thats f***ing stupid. If bill gave them any info on why Daboll would be a good coach that’s influencing the decision.
Or just like any other person applying for a job, otherwise known as a "professional reference". I really don't see the issue here. If the Giant's F/O called BB for a reference on Daboll what is he supposed to do? Hang up and not provide it just because they didn't also ask for one on Flores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad