Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LVI - Bengals vs. Rams - Brady officially retires - McDaniels to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
e4cc7kfy09r1yrbw2aez

KC_fullcolor.png
CIN_fullcolor.png

LA_fullcolor.png
SF_fullcolor.png

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Listening to OT proposals. I don't even mind the current format but if you want both teams to get the ball i kinda like that it's sudden death after that. So let's say Buffalo got the ball and scored they would then have to decide between going for two and the win or kick extra point knowing if you do that it's now sudden death. Something like that.

Reactions: CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Listening to OT proposals. I don't even mind the current format but if you want both teams to get the ball i kinda like that it's sudden death after that. So let's say Buffalo got the ball and scored they would then have to decide between going for two and the win or kick extra point knowing if you do that it's now sudden death. Something like that.
Sort of puts us right back in the same position. KC scores, BUF scores, KC gets the ball and can win the game without BUF getting a chance with the ball.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My order of preference:

Rams -- I like Stafford and think that anyone who plays for Detroit for more than 5 years deserves a title.

49'ers -- Always hated Dallas, so I often found myself rooting for the niners in the past and developed a soft spot for them.

Bengals -- Because Burrow seems like a good kid and they're not KC.

KC -- If the Yankees or Canadiens were football teams, they'd be among a very small number of teams I'd put under KC on this list.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sort of puts us right back in the same position. KC scores, BUF scores, KC gets the ball and can win the game without BUF getting a chance with the ball.

I meant Buffalo scores the other night after KC does. Let's say KC kicked the extra point. Then Buffalo scores a TD. They would have to decide whether they want to kick extra point knowing if KC then scores the game is over or go for two and the win. Might also influence the team who scored first to go for two knowing they could lose on following possession. I just think it adds more possibilities and decisions while also guaranteeing each team a possession.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
But we desperately needed not one but two teams in LA!

I'm in Southern California and have to say that they badly screwed this whole thing up. Rams are going to be fine. They're building a market for themselves, another few years of sustained success under McVey and Stafford and it'll work. But the Chargers have absolutely zero footprint here. You see the Rams marketing and such, nothing for the Chargers though. Their games are 90% road fans.

Biggest issue is that the LA area is Raiders country. Still is. And they come and play the Chargers in Inglewood once a year, it's 95% Raider fans.

What on earth Goodell was thinking letting Spano try to rush into LA to beat the Raiders, I'll never know. If they just waited the year for the Raiders to get out of their Oakland lease and had the Chargers open a new market in Vegas, everyone would be doing better business.

Reactions: GabeTravels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad