GDT: Super Bowl LV -KC vs. TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Caserio can say he's not moving Watson all he wants, but he's got no leverage. If Watson holds out, who do they have to play QB? AJ McCaron? This is really going to come down to who blinks first and Houston doesn't really have any place to turn. They have to move the guy because he won't play for them. If they move him, they at least get a slew of picks where they can try to find his replacement. Or they get in one of the the other big names being rumored to be on the move and use the draft capital from trading Watson to fill in other holes. Either way, the worst thing for them is to not move the guy and see him sit. Yeah, his contract won't toll and they'll still own his rights, but unlike Le'veon Bell with the Steelers, Watson already has the big dollar value contract signed, so sitting just means he doesn't accrue service time. Houston already paid the bonus for that deal too, so he's got cash and can wait it out.

After what Stafford got, it I'M Caserio I'm on the phones all day getting offers

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Somebody really doesn’t like Patricia lol

wtf did he do to those poor guys? I remember being paralyzed in the hospital having to watch the lions kick our ass a few years ago. It’s wild how quickly they fell off a cliff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
SAME ORGANIZATION.... isn't it
Yes, but his point was that a player asking to be traded typically does. You mentioned JJ Watt in retort. I’m asking you when JJ Watt requested a trade.

If you have a point to make I’m really interested to hear it.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
uh, Houston....
Yes we’ve established that Watson and Watt are teammates on the Houston Texans. Very astute.

His point was that a player, when requesting a trade, typically gets his request fulfilled. You brought up JJ Watt.

I ask again. When has JJ Watt requested a trade? Furthermore, how does this situation pertain to Watt in any way, other than the fact they are both teammates.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes we’ve established that Watson and Watt are teammates on the Houston Texans. Very astute.

His point was that a player, when requesting a trade, typically gets his request fulfilled. You brought up JJ Watt.

I ask again. When has JJ Watt requested a trade? Furthermore, how does this situation pertain to Watt in any way, other than the fact they are both teammates.
Houston wouldn't have hired their new coach had Watson not been a Texan, you need to accomodate both players

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Houston wouldn't have hired their new coach had Watson not been a Texan, you need to accomodate both players
Can you elaborate?

Are you saying that the Texans wouldn’t have been able to hire a new coach if Watson was granted his request? This is false, an NFL team would be able to find a coach regardless of the situation

Are you also implying that Watson’s request for a trade would immediately indicate that Watt would follow suit? There is no evidence to back this up.

You are all over the place here so I’m not exactly sure what you’re getting at. Accommodating both players in what way? Because they are star players and what happens to one has to happen to the other?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Can you elaborate?

Are you saying that the Texans wouldn’t have been able to hire a new coach if Watson was granted his request? This is false, an NFL team would be able to find a coach regardless of the situation

Are you also implying that Watson’s request for a trade would immediately indicate that Watt would follow suit? There is no evidence to back this up.

You are all over the place here so I’m not exactly sure what you’re getting at. Accommodating both players in what way? Because they are star players and what happens to one has to happen to the other?
CORRECT, Cunliffe said Watson is their QB

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
THEN WHY HASN'T HE BEEN Traded Oates
Who? Watson or Watts?

If you’re referring to Watson, with no insider knowledge I’d guess the team is doing a few things at the moment. One being they’re trying to convince Watson to change his mind. And I’d also assume that they are fielding offers from other teams.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Who? Watson or Watts?

If you’re referring to Watson, with no insider knowledge I’d guess the team is doing a few things at the moment. One being they’re trying to convince Watson to change his mind. And I’d also assume that they are fielding offers from other teams.
both, at this point... because you're likely not keeping either long-term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad