Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
SB_55.png

Reactions: smithformeragent

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Caserio can say he's not moving Watson all he wants, but he's got no leverage. If Watson holds out, who do they have to play QB? AJ McCaron? This is really going to come down to who blinks first and Houston doesn't really have any place to turn. They have to move the guy because he won't play for them. If they move him, they at least get a slew of picks where they can try to find his replacement. Or they get in one of the the other big names being rumored to be on the move and use the draft capital from trading Watson to fill in other holes. Either way, the worst thing for them is to not move the guy and see him sit. Yeah, his contract won't toll and they'll still own his rights, but unlike Le'veon Bell with the Steelers, Watson already has the big dollar value contract signed, so sitting just means he doesn't accrue service time. Houston already paid the bonus for that deal too, so he's got cash and can wait it out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Makes sense for the Lions. They can play Goff and by the time his contract is up he’ll either prove himself to be decent or they’ll have probably drafted his replacement and will be ready to make a run

worth taking him on for the extra first (I’d imagine that was basically the trade breakdown- Stafford for a 1 + 3, and then another 1 to take Goff’s contract)

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
A solid QB, 2 firsts and a 3rd round pick for a good but not great QB who's never won a playoff game is insane. Stafford peaked from 15-17 and he's still bringing in a haul like that. I don't see how any team besides Miami could give Houston a good offer for Watson when LA are setting the market like that for Stafford

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A solid QB, 2 firsts and a 3rd round pick for a good but not great QB who's never won a playoff game is insane. Stafford peaked from 15-17 and he's still bringing in a haul like that. I don't see how any team besides Miami could give Houston a good offer for Watson when LA are setting the market like that for Stafford

I think it says a lot about what McVay thinks of Goff. Remember he has to get the rams up to the line quickly so he can make the presnap adjustments in Goff’s ear before the mic turns off

Which begs the question why give him that contract but I digress. I guess they got excited they went to the SB

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
In addition to being a Bruins fan, I’m a die hard Rams fan. I’m giddy. This trade gives me the same feeling as when the Bruins acquired Horton for reference

Reactions: CDJ

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
In addition to being a Bruins fan, I’m a die hard Rams fan. I’m giddy. This trade gives me the same feeling as when the Bruins acquired Horton for reference
The Rams are something like $45 million over the cap for next season.

Between Stafford and Goff's dead cap money they have more than $42 million in cap space devoted to the QB position this season and won't have a 1st round pick until 2024 at the earliest.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Texans have stated no intention to trade him

Based on what Stafford just went for I wouldn't move Watson for anything less than a Herschel Walker level return.

He can bitch all he wants, he isn't going to sit out the year. Call his bluff and make him give the new front office and coach a chance.

Right now he's acting like a spoiled NBA player that wants to control everything

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Based on what Stafford just went for I wouldn't move Watson for anything less than a Herschel Walker level return.

He can bitch all he wants, he isn't going to sit out the year. Call his bluff
the only way Watson leaves the Texans is Cal McNair sells the franchise outright, and that's not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad