NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots

liii

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The Rams will be favorites. Think they win by 4. Second year in a row the patriots don't really have a coaching advantage.
Ram were early 1.5 favs , people jumped all over that and last I looked Ram were 1.5 dogs.

Last edited:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Ramsey were early 1.5 favs , people jumped all over that and last I looked Ramsey were 1.5 dogs.

Vegas powerplay. Everyone and their brother will be on the Rams, Patriots win. EASY MONEY for the smart people.

If the Patriots run like yesterday they can't lose. Even if the running game is shotty they can just do some screens to make the line irrelevant. Brady gets it out quick, hasnt been sacked this postseason much less even really touched. The rest of the Rams D is questionable. I'm not sure the Patriots will punt.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Heart says Rams, head says Pats.

Really hoping the Rams can pull one out here, though if I was a betting man it's damn near impossible to go against New England. Somehow they just keep finding a way. It's maddening. :laugh:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Chiefs played one ****ing quarter of football. Would have been embarassing if they won. Especially with a 31st ranked defense.

It’s hard to believe that the AFC with all this talent and youth and good teams and the AFC seemingly improving that they still could not keep the most flawed Patriots team in years out of the SB.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I didnt even look through this thread before I decided to make this post.

This is not the matchup I wanted. I wanted Saints and Patriots. Now i'm forced to actually root for NE. I can't stand the Rams and how theyve bought a decent part of that team and how the media, especially FS1 has been sucking their you know what hardcore all year. Personally I think the Chargers have a better squad. There's room for argument that they aren't even the best squad in their own city. You'll say but the Rams are in the Super Bowl. But the playoffs are a random ****ing best of one tournament. More times than not the Saints probably win yesterday if they played a best of 9 or whatever.

As for this game it's 17 years to the day from the 1st one. Just think about that.

The circumstance. The Patriots in BOTH GAMES will be underdogs. They were also underdogs in the AFC Championship game that year. The opponent they are playing has relocated.

Last time it was they weren't ready or maybe a fluke. This year it was they were over the hill. I still have my doubts on Brady's future. I still saw things yesterday I didn't like that didn't feel Brady like. The pick in the end zone on 3rd and goal. Also the pick that would have ended the game but an offsides saved them. I know i've heard a time or two that the wifey really is trying to urge him to retire. We all know despite the success theres an internal rift between Brady, Bellichick and Kraft and it appears to be two against one. Bellichick is also 67 now. His contract is expiring. I wouldn't be saying or thinking this if it wasn't the Rams but do you think this actually could be it? It would be a fitting way to go out. Destroy or atleast beat the Rams. End it the same way it started? The writing is on the wall that Gronk is probably done. If they win this game ALONE they tie the SB number record. The only thing that would be left is winning 7 to surpass all.
If you think the Chargers have a better roster than the Rams then you either are extremely biased or out of touch with reality

Its not even close the difference in their rosters

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
No way. The HOF is getting so watered down now though that we want everyone in it. He' done enough to fit that mindset.
I'm not trying to lobby him in, just me and a friend has a talk ,he a pats fan. I didn't know but he was leaning toward it, so I'm only asking.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Vegas powerplay. Everyone and their brother will be on the Rams, Patriots win. EASY MONEY for the smart people.

If the Patriots run like yesterday they can't lose. Even if the running game is shotty they can just do some screens to make the line irrelevant. Brady gets it out quick, hasnt been sacked this postseason much less even really touched. The rest of the Rams D is questionable. I'm not sure the Patriots will punt.
What are you talking about? Setting the Rams as favorites just caused the money to pour in on the Pats, moving the line...

Sep 19, 2008
Be interesting to see how this game goes. McVay and his young upstart Rams against the perennial AFC champion

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What are you talking about? Setting the Rams as favorites just caused the money to pour in on the Pats, moving the line...

It was one point. Sometimes betting the favorite, especialy at a low point such as say 1 or 2 makes sense. If it were 11 or 12 yeah i;m betting on the Patriots to beat the spread and maybe outright seperately. A 1 or 2 or 3 point favorite is almost a pick em.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Chiefs played one ****ing quarter of football. Would have been embarassing if they won. Especially with a 31st ranked defense.
Given how poorly the KC offence was in the 1st half, the D held up ok given the 21-9 TOP difference. That D needs the offence to be consistent. That's not a D and can go more than a 33-27 minute difference in TOP in regulation.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
If you think the Chargers have a better roster than the Rams then you either are extremely biased or out of touch with reality

Its not even close the difference in their rosters

Defensively the only thing the Rams might have better is that overpriced line.

I'd take Rivers over Goff if the agenda is win now. Gordon when healthy is also just as useful as Gurley. The teams are close but the AFC West is also a bit better. It's the only reason the Chargers aren't here is because they played in the one division where their win total was matched. Making them a WC team.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Defensively the only thing the Rams might have better is that overpriced line.

I'd take Rivers over Goff if the agenda is win now. Gordon when healthy is also just as useful as Gurley. The teams are close but the AFC West is also a bit better. It's the only reason the Chargers aren't here is because they played in the one division where their win total was matched. Making them a WC team.
Defensively the Rams are better in every aspect, Gurley is better than Gordon, receivers are better, coaching is better, Goff is better...

Everything about the Rams is better than the Chargers

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
The Rams bring & can pressure the QB up the middle with Suh & Donald. This is how the Patriots get beat; anyone that pays attention knows the way to mess up Brady is pressure from the middle, without a blitz. This will be a tough game for the Pats offense, I suspect. Can our defense play a full game and keep it in the low to mid 20s? Or can the Pats scheme a way to slow that rush down? If neither of those things happen, I don't see this going well for the Pats.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Defensively the Rams are better in every aspect, Gurley is better than Gordon, receivers are better, coaching is better, Goff is better...

Everything about the Rams is better than the Chargers

QB - even or slight edge to Rivers due to experience
RB - edge to Gurley but Gordon is one of the best backs in the league
WR - Rams due to depth but Keenan Allen is the best out the group
TE - even or slight advantage to the Chargers
OL - even or slight advantage Rams
DLine - Rams although this is very, very close. Bosa and Ingram are the second and third best players after Donald, maybe after Suh
LB - Chargers
DB - Chargers
ST - Rams

Reactions: Voight

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The Rams bring & can pressure the QB up the middle with Suh & Donald. This is how the Patriots get beat; anyone that pays attention knows the way to mess up Brady is pressure from the middle, without a blitz. This will be a tough game for the Pats offense, I suspect. Can our defense play a full game and keep it in the low to mid 20s? Or can the Pats scheme a way to slow that rush down? If neither of those things happen, I don't see this going well for the Pats.
Fowler has been incredible with this, I think hes a major key to victory

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
This is a biased viewpoint. You are a fan of the team, it kind of takes away the ability to breakdown fairly.
Your viewpoint is strictly asinine, trying to make the Chargers seem even slightly on par with the Rams

No one else thinks this that has any sort of knowledge of the game

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
QB - even or slight edge to Rivers due to experience
RB - edge to Gurley but Gordon is one of the best backs in the league
WR - Rams due to depth but Keenan Allen is the best out the group
TE - even or slight advantage to the Chargers
OL - even or slight advantage Rams
DLine - Rams although this is very, very close. Bosa and Ingram are the second and third best players after Donald, maybe after Suh
LB - Chargers
DB - Chargers
ST - Rams
Bosa was nowhere to be found when it mattered. Ingram is up there with Suh but the DLine difference is massive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad