NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots

liii

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Watching the Patriots win another SB would be bad enough. But watching them beat the Rams in the SB... again... might be too much. I shudder at the thought.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Gunna be fun to watch Marshall Faulk and company embarrass themselves for the next two weeks saying the Patriots cheated them out of a ring in SB 36 lol

I don’t think we will be seeing Marshall Faulk in print anytime soon...

Probably Warner, Holt and Bruce...but not Faulk.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I don’t think we will be seeing Marshall Faulk in print anytime soon...

Probably Warner, Holt and Bruce...but not Faulk.
I think hes doing radio. I would bet anything he pops up somewhere in the next 2 weeks and starts spouting off about SB 36

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Still believe with a W Brady and Belichick are retiring...we will see...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
31-28 rams

legatron kicks the GW FG as time expires and the rams get revenge for SB XXXVI 17 years later

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Just don’t see why he would keep playing and risk that he suddenly loses it and goes out in embarrassing fashion
Hes doesnt believe hes gunna lose it all of a sudden. His whole brand and the TB12 method is built on his longevity. You cant preach all this stuff and then retire.

He also forced out Garappolo. Hes not gunna retire a year later. Would be a huge slap in the face to.Kraft who sided with him and made BB trade Garappolo. He literally cant retire for the next few years because of the Garappolo thing.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Neither are retiring win or lose

It wouldn't totally shock me if Brady retired after a win, honestly if I were him I probably would(although I too don't think he will), but it would definitely floor me if BB did. Even though he doesn't really have anything left to prove I think he'll be around for quite some time yet, unfortunately for haters like me.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Hes doesnt believe hes gunna lose it all of a sudden. His whole brand and the TB12 method is built on his longevity. You cant preach all this stuff and then retire.

He also forced out Garappolo. Hes not gunna retire a year later. Would be a huge slap in the face to.Kraft who sided with him and made BB trade Garappolo. He literally cant retire for the next few years because of the Garappolo thing.

If he followed any pro athlete who played deep into their career it’s always sudden. You never ever gradually fall apart. You wake up one day and it’s over.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
GO RAMS!!!!

Wood and Gurley are gonna explode in this game with Donald Suh and Fowler in Bradys face all night

31-24

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If he followed any pro athlete who played deep into their career it’s always sudden. You never ever gradually fall apart. You wake up one day and it’s over.

On the other hand pro athletes all have big egos and rarely admit this. Even look at Manning, he had a brutal year with a storybook ending and there were still rumors he might want to play another year. Where Brady might differ is that his wife has reportedly wanted him to quit for a while, so he could take that out, but chances are he'll have to be forced out like many before him.

The more you think about it, its really rare for someone to go out completely on their own terms, especially if you don't count the guys who retired out of a fear of a future injury(which imo is totally justified, for the record).

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
But again, that not the way he thinks, so why would he retire. He believes his training method is gunna allow for gradual decline if any at all.

On a side note, the NFL heavly protect the QB now as oppose to when he first entered the league. So that will definitely work in Bradys favor.

Side note #2, how come no one talks about Brees retiring? Hes 40, about a year and half younger than Brady but its always about Brady retiring

Reactions: irunthepeg
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
But again, that not the way he thinks, so why would he retire. He believes his training method is gunna allow for gradual decline if any at all.

On a side note, the NFL heavly protect the QB now as oppose to when he first entered the league. So that will definitely work in Bradys favor.

Side note #2, how come no one talks about Brees retiring? Hes 40, about a year and half younger than Brady but its always about Brady retiring

They should, and probably should talk more about his arm strength declining, but I find that more understandable given he probably really wants that second Super Bowl. Brady has five with possibly a sixth coming and his legacy is very much set, it made sense to wonder when he beat the Falcons and it certainly still makes sense.

The Brady retirement question is a total compliment to him, not like Manning in his final year.

Reactions: irunthepeg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Refs +8 easily. Bellicheat will somehow find a way to tape rams practices (again)... or just serve up a nice $1mil in $$ in a brown paper bag for whoever is the referee in charge.
Oh for f***s sake this nonsense again?

This was literally proven to be a completely phony story that was made up by a Boston beat reporter, who was suspended from the paper, and kicked off the Patriots beat as a result.

But keep believing it because Marshall Faulk and Eric Dickerson are big babies who can't accept reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad