NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots

liii

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
GO RAMS!!!!

Wood and Gurley are gonna explode in this game with Donald Suh and Fowler in Bradys face all night

31-24
Early, but I would expect the Patriots to go heavy on the run against the Rams front. Interested in how Wade Philips game plans for the Patriots. Peters likes to play off but the Pats receivers aren't built to go deep. Talib, very physical. Littleton I would expect gets Gronk in coverage.

Rams need a healthy Gurley. They need to run the ball. 2 headed attack with CJ would help Goff out a lot.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I can’t remember who it was but there was a specific St Louis poster who was at the time, extremely upset the Rams left.

Then proclaimed the Rams will not have any success once they leave St.Louis...Fast forward 3 years later, Rams are back in the Super Bowl.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Last time they met, Pats were the underdogs that were easy to embrace.

Now, the Pats make Duke basketball seem lovable.

Reactions: PhillyWings

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
As a neutral fan of the championship games, yesterday was a great day of football.

I'm going with the Rams in this one.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
19th in YPG allowed
20th in PPG allowed

they arent nearly as good as they're thought to be

To be fair their starting corners were hurt for a while so it was easy to pass against them. They also typically led games by a lot so they gave up yardage late.

An average defence beats the Pats yesterday.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm amazed by how underrated the Rams are. Granted I have not watched all their games but I have always been impressed by Goff: precision, ball placement, time management and decision making are all elite. And the defense has many playmakers that will cause trouble to any team. The Pats have by far the most experience but I do think on paper the rams are a better team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rams don’t have a sieve defence like the Chiefs.
KC front 4 strength was in their Edge rushers, which NE was able to neutralize with Gronk and the RBs chipping them. Rams front 4 strength is their interior. Probably see a lot of NE keeping a RB in to chip/help out the Guard/Center who is opposite Donald. Suh and Donald will need to push the pocket back into Brady so that he can't step up into his throws.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I didnt even look through this thread before I decided to make this post.

This is not the matchup I wanted. I wanted Saints and Patriots. Now i'm forced to actually root for NE. I can't stand the Rams and how theyve bought a decent part of that team and how the media, especially FS1 has been sucking their you know what hardcore all year. Personally I think the Chargers have a better squad. There's room for argument that they aren't even the best squad in their own city. You'll say but the Rams are in the Super Bowl. But the playoffs are a random f***ing best of one tournament. More times than not the Saints probably win yesterday if they played a best of 9 or whatever.

As for this game it's 17 years to the day from the 1st one. Just think about that.

The circumstance. The Patriots in BOTH GAMES will be underdogs. They were also underdogs in the AFC Championship game that year. The opponent they are playing has relocated.

Last time it was they weren't ready or maybe a fluke. This year it was they were over the hill. I still have my doubts on Brady's future. I still saw things yesterday I didn't like that didn't feel Brady like. The pick in the end zone on 3rd and goal. Also the pick that would have ended the game but an offsides saved them. I know i've heard a time or two that the wifey really is trying to urge him to retire. We all know despite the success theres an internal rift between Brady, Bellichick and Kraft and it appears to be two against one. Bellichick is also 67 now. His contract is expiring. I wouldn't be saying or thinking this if it wasn't the Rams but do you think this actually could be it? It would be a fitting way to go out. Destroy or atleast beat the Rams. End it the same way it started? The writing is on the wall that Gronk is probably done. If they win this game ALONE they tie the SB number record. The only thing that would be left is winning 7 to surpass all.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I can’t remember who it was but there was a specific St Louis poster who was at the time, extremely upset the Rams left.

Then proclaimed the Rams will not have any success once they leave St.Louis...Fast forward 3 years later, Rams are back in the Super Bowl.

It should have been obvious this would happen. Kronke purposely didn't try to make the team any better when they were in St. Louis so they would suck for several years and attendance would suffer. He could then use those poor attendance numbers to justify breaking the lease and leaving St. Louis. Then once they're in LA they get rid of Fisher and make a host of other moves they would never make while the team was in St. Louis and now they're in the Super Bowl again. It was all part of the plan.

I'm a lifelong Chiefs fan but I do live in St. Louis so I got a front row seat to the whole thing. St. Louis Rams fans got screwed by a weasel owner. They could have been this good while in St. Louis but ownership kept that from happening because it was the plan all along to move to LA.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Kronke is just another ruling elite piece of shit who hates the country and the common man. Screw em. His free agency squad will lose in the SB in a game I don't think will be close. Nobody has gotten to Brady this postseason. Brady is too smart to make Suh or Darnold relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad