Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Sqy911F.gif

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Atlanta can definitely keep up with the Patriots in a shootout, no question about that. However, their defense just...I don't know, 28th against the pass is tough to overlook. I think New England gets it done in the end.

Patriots 38 Falcons 31

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Pats obviously heavy favorites, but after predicting the packers to blow out atlanta I'm dont making predictions.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think the Patriots defense is overrated. Who have they played all season? Even in the playoffs? A crappy Brock Osweiler? Banged up, inconsistent as *** Roethlisberger?

That's not to say they're terrible, but they're not as good as people think.

I think Atlanta pulls the upset.

Love this argument. Completely disregards how dominant they are against the run. They just do not get gashed on the ground and that, combined with their offense, puts teams in situations where they have to throw.

We essentially had a dominant defense in the '14 Super Bowl year. The only difference now is no Jones/Collins/Wilfork but it disregards a now dominant Butler and the development of the young players along the D-Line front.

It shouldn't be a surprise.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I hope Atlanta wins.

BUT given the history of #1 scoring offense vs. #1 scoring defense in the Super Bowl, it seems that the ball is in New England's court

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
The greatest NFL QB to ever live will pad his amazing resume and win another Super Bowl without even having his best weapon. Pats will out coach and out QB the Falcons and I think their experience will play a big role in this game, knowing what the Super Bowl is all about with the build up, media, pressure.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The greatest NFL QB to ever live will pad his amazing resume and win another Super Bowl without even having his best weapon. Pats will out coach and out QB the Falcons and I think their experience will play a big role in this game, knowing what the Super Bowl is all about with the build up, media, pressure.

Maybe Gronk was holding back the Pats?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Atlanta looked great, but New England looked even better. I think there balance will win the day, maybe even fairly easily.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don't care about Goodell.

Seriously, are people rooting for the Pats just because of the possibility of him handing over the Lombardi?

Quite frankly, NE winning again would be boring as heck.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
When you have to cheer for either the only other team in your division to not have a SB, or the Patriots.

cam-sad-w529-h352.gif

Seriously, I could not imagine a worse matchup as a Panthers fan. But this game is going to be so much fun. Two great coaches and QBs going against each other. Very deep teams. I don't see it being a blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad