News Article: Sundqvist Article on NHL.com

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The quality of these places have taken a huge nosedive in order to maximize profit. I loved Subway, now I walk into one and it's gross. The chemical bread is unbearable...

Agree to disagree. Are they as good as good sit down places or a good home cooked meal? No. But who expects them to be?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yes, I cook all the time. But that doesn't mean I don't love the taste of super greasy fast food too.

I've never understood why some people can't reconcile others enjoying both fine dining and fast food. Or any sort of "high" and "low" culture, whether it's food, music, movies, anything.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've never understood why some people can't reconcile others enjoying both fine dining and fast food. Or any sort of "high" and "low" culture, whether it's food, music, movies, anything.

its mostly a trouble with reconciling people disagreeing with them. People are always predisposed to thinking they are right. That in turn means that we think people who disagree with us don't just disagree, they must be are wrong.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta

I miss fast food, like I said, I can't find any good fast food anymore when I am in the mood.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I miss fast food, like I said, I can't find any good fast food anymore when I am in the mood.

I can't tell the difference between a meatball sub I get today compared to the dozens I've eaten in my life. Same with a Wendy's burger or Arby's roast beef. And I'll be damned if I've ever eaten a breakfast sandwich that is better than a Bojangles chicken biscuit; be it homemade, from a sit down restaurant or wherever else.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Yeah Warm Cookies, why the hell would you look down at Blues if you like Jazz?

You gotta like things for what they are.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I dunno man. The Wendy's in your area must be weird because mine's as good as ever.

And McDonalds fries will always be McDonalds fries.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I dunno man. The Wendy's in your area must be weird because mine's as good as ever.

McDonalds fries are the worst fries. I like mine cut thicker, theirs are so damn stringy. A fresh batch is good, but they get soggy so fast.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Ogre, if you're a salt vampire like i am, you gotta love McDo's French fries.

They're the only thing i like about McDo.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta

Food trucks here have boomed because of the fast food being poop. Other local chains are doing well too but they average 9-12 bucks a meal. A good burger costs 15-19 bucks if I need to satisfy the need or craving.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
McDonalds fries are the worst fries. I like mine cut thicker, theirs are so damn stringy. A fresh batch is good, but they get soggy so fast.

You crazy man. Those thick cut fries are too starchy.

When I eat a french fry, I want it to resemble a potato as little as possible. McD delivers.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Food trucks here have boomed because of the fast food being poop. Other local chains are doing well too but they average 9-12 bucks a meal. A good burger costs 15-19 bucks if I need to satisfy the need craving.

Sweet Jesus.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Food trucks here have boomed because of the fast food being poop. Other local chains are doing well too but they average 9-12 bucks a meal. A good burger costs 15-19 bucks if I need to satisfy the need or craving.

I have never spent 15 bucks on a burger. Where do you live?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You crazy man. Those thick cut fries are too starchy.

When I eat a french fry, I want it to resemble a potato as little as possible. McD delivers.

I prefer potato to pure grease :laugh: and I can't stomach a McD burger. They are terrible. So I never go there aside from breakfast.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

I usually avoid fast food in order to eat healthy, but this is a cheat weekend and I am about to hit the drivethru at Rotten Ronnies with a large sized fries.

There is also a pub close by that makes the best steak cut fries I have ever had.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Edmonton.

I had some great burgers down in Vegas at Holsteins and Gord Ramsay's Burgr. Those were tasty burgers... :nod:

I think you're something of a burger elitist, haha. I know there are multiple Fatburgers in Edmonton, and if you can't enjoy a Fatburger, your standards are too damn high.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
I think you're something of a burger elitist, haha. I know there are multiple Fatburgers in Edmonton, and if you can't enjoy a Fatburger, your standards are too damn high.

Haha, yea, I didn't like Fatburger at all. That is higher end fast food.

Check out the Holstein's menu from Vegas. Mouth watering stuff.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I like my fries greasy and crispy. Pete's Gourmet Burger has the perfect fries, imo, the rest of the food is okay but the fries are godly. But I tend to like fries in general, Taco Bell has some good fries.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Eh the only thing that disappoints me now is Popeyes. That used to be a Mecca for me. now, I'm unimpressed. Not that I ever thought it was legit Louisiana
Food or anything, but the flavor just isn't there anymore.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Edmonton.

I had some great burgers down in Vegas at Holsteins and Gord Ramsay's Burgr. Those were tasty burgers... :nod:

I want a Bobby Flay burger. That's when I will spend too much for a burger. My normal burger join costs about 8-10 bucks depending on the burger, but its 6 dollar burger night on mondays with trivia at the same time. Its fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad