Pre-Game Talk: Sunday guaranteed: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Oh I like them. I don't think they suck. It's not just hard work they have some legit young talent there - whether that's Tkachuk stutzle Norris batherson up front or Chabot and zub at the back. .

If only their management hadn't saddled them with expensive bad players like Murray and Zaitsev, they could have legit been on their way up already.
They are coming though

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I am looking forward to Sutton,Nash and Foligno in the lineup. It’s like it hasn’t really happened ha :)

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I wish you guys luck. At this point, everyone is expecting you to win handily against us. We have no pressure, there’s no belief in us, and there’s no expectations. A perfect storm for an upset.

It seems that everyone around the league wants to see you implode.

Leafs finds new ways to embarrass themselves every year it seems.

I obviously hope they win, but wouldn't be surprised at all if they lose.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just go out a post a simple 4-0 or 4-1 win, do the same Tuesday and move on to Winnipeg.

Nothing flashy, just a couple of efficient businesslike performances.

Simple

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So are we to infer that this current team is still not a championship team? The 3 game series against the Oilers where we completely shut them down and dominated them in every facet of the game would assume differently. Those 3 games were the best this team has played. I was suckered into believing we had finally turned the corner and established a new level. In typical Leaf fashion, we are afraid of success it seems. We can look like world beaters for a short period of time but then we look like we will never win another game the next.
A strong leader has not emerged on this team to prevent this from happening. Those types (Mario, Gretz, Messier, Sid ). Don't come around too often but when they do, championship teams are made.
Does our core have the possibility of that type of leader? I don't know, the story is still being written. One thing we cannot use as a crutch anymore is ( they are still young ) the window is still wide.
Maybe, maybe not. With cap restrictions and other teams building an arsenal of young talent for the future, these windows close quickly. This is maybe why Dubas is rolling the dice this year.
Seems like a very personal take. I like this team boat loads. They get flat sometimes. They lose flow and get very much to fancy and forcing the game at times and they are specific indicators in games they struggle.

When you see the methodical patient team from the very start to the very end we don’t lose. Still learning poise as a group but this years team is the best in decades. Easily. I can’t wait to get the other guys we got at the trade deadline in the lineup.

There seems like reason to think all the attributes the incoming players will bring are going to help solidify the playing style of the group as a whole. Remains to be seen but i have a good feeling about this team.

A couple game win streak and teams at the top going the other way a couple games could see us right back leading the league in points again. Nothing but positive looking progress. Special teams aren’t good.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
LOVE this lineup.

Every line has an identity.

1. Scoring line 1a
2. Scoring line 1b
3. Energy & Shutdown oppositions scoring line
4. Be better than oppositions 4th line.
They had me when I saw Robertson up with Willy and JT .... Hell yes! Can't wait for Foligno to join too :popcorn:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is this the GDT...... which starts with a gauranteed win prediction? Oh man. This isn’t going to go well.

Reactions: hockeyes

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They are giving Joe alot of opportunity or as I assume "His last few games" before we lock down the playoff lineup and start to gel what we expect to see.

Kinda bittersweet because I love Jumbo; but he's gotta be on the outside... we don't owe him anything (saying that in the nicest way) and need to play to win now.

I am almost positive that once Foligno joins the line up; Robertson gets out but Jumbo would stay in the line up

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I wish you guys luck. At this point, everyone is expecting you to win handily against us. We have no pressure, there’s no belief in us, and there’s no expectations. A perfect storm for an upset.

It seems that everyone around the league wants to see you implode.

This isnt anything new. We are used to it. Only thing we are waiting for is the guys on ice to stick it to "everyone around the league"

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
leafs are going to win , they arent going to embarrass themselves against a team that hasnt been playing for weeks , leafs will get the win , eww david ayres , eww leaf melt downs , its a different leafs team than past ..leafs will win ... im pretty certain leafs win this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad