Pre-Game Talk: Sunday guaranteed: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Also eh uh, a 100% guaranteed win for US :clap: They are covid beaten, not played, not trained, not ready, weight loss (hughes), covid, others (like the Lost others)... we WON!! This gezame is already over and hasn't even started. This is the ONLY game this season where this is truzue. We WILL WIN THIS GAME AND GET 2 IMPORTANT POINTS: The other team, is not ready to even play. They will make mistakes, be poor, and lose. It's not only their own fault, but other thangs too. Lets see what the score will be. I predict: A 8-1 win for the maple leafs.

Reactions: Deku and Maple Leaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This game is like the 2021 equivalent of the EBUG night. You kind of have to just win big and move on as quickly as you can.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I’m curious how many Nuck players had the virus. There were I think 21 on the Covid list. But that can mean have it or close contact. not questioning how bad it was for some guys. Just curious how many had it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hate to say it but this is a MUST win game. There is absolutely no reason for a loss. I don’t care if Demko or Holtby plays like Hasek/Roy/Brodeur, it is a MUST WIN.

Reactions: OddyOh

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Assuming Willy plays Sunday and Foligno plays Tuesday?

Matty hopefully comes back too but maybe they hold him out another game or two.

Reactions: authentic

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Hate to say it but this is a MUST win game. There is absolutely no reason for a loss. I don’t care if Demko or Holtby plays like Hasek/Roy/Brodeur, it is a MUST WIN.

I can guarantee you that Vancouver is going to implement a hardcore 1-2-2 neutral zone trap for the whole game. This shit won't be easy at all.

Reactions: OddyOh

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I mean if we lose this game or don't absolutely steam roll a team that hasn't played in three weeks and was recently infected with a vicious lung virus then we are looking at another first round playoff loss.

This needs to be a no excuses pond hockey shellacking

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I can guarantee you that Vancouver is going to implement a hardcore 1-2-2 neutral zone trap for the whole game. This shit won't be easy at all.
As of today, 3 of the Nucks Dman are actually AHLers while Vesey will be their top 6. I don’t care if they trap or even send ONE forward into Leafs zone. This is a MUST WIN and Leafs should have over 40 shots or more.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
As of today, 3 of the Nucks Dman are actually AHLers while Vesey will be their top 6. I don’t care if they trap or even send ONE forward into Leafs zone. This is a MUST WIN and Leafs should have over 40 shots or more.

You know this core love to play down to their opponents. It really doesn't matter if Vancouver dress 18 minor leaguers or not, they will probably still find a way to lose as we have all witnessed last year against Carolina.

Reactions: Deku and Brown Dog

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Leafs playing a game with the eyes of entire league watching...

What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: Rocker13

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You know this core love to play down to their opponents. It really doesn't matter if Vancouver dress 18 minor leaguers or not, they will probably still find a way to lose as we have all witnessed last year against Carolina.
That’s I agree. Let’s hope they play their high and compete level for the rest of the way.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This game is like the 2021 equivalent of the EBUG night. You kind of have to just win big and move on as quickly as you can.

This has rarely happened this season so I doubt it. Don’t care how beat up Vancouver is due to COVID, Leafs love playing down to their opponent.

Our last real drubbing of a team was way back at the start of March, 6-1 over Edmonton. Leafs haven’t won a game by 3 or more since then.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This has rarely happened this season so I doubt it. Don’t care how beat up Vancouver is due to COVID, Leafs love playing down to their opponent.

It's sort of a difficult situation for the Leafs. You gotta get the win, you don't want to beat up on them too much, but if you do beat up on them, you don't want to whoop it up or pat yourself on the back too hard. But if you happen to play a close one or even lose? Oh boy.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

This team definitely has both a high ceiling and a low floor in terms of what you can expect from them. Usually they show up for the big ones but the gimmies are anyone's guess.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Jinx thread.

Hurry somebody make an offering to the hockey gods...maybe a nice rum or tequila.
upload_2021-4-16_19-1-30.jpeg

Reactions: Marshy

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Our last real drubbing of a team was way back at the start of March, 6-1 over Edmonton. Leafs haven’t won a game by 3 or more since then.
Reminder
Zamboni driver

Last edited:

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Realistically;

what a fragile psyche our Leafs have-the utterly embarrassing power play is an anvil around their neck and affects everything. They need to fire Malhotra yesterday (regardless if it’s his fault). The media circus has to become “they are__for___” since the change. That restart button has to come first, now

and Jack Campbell’s warts are showing, players must be thinking “hmmm, he’s always been a backup?”

What a double whammy! Buckle up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->