WWE: Summerslam, 2023

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm a bit surprised people weren't aware that Roman is only going to lose the belt at Mania.

The overall story for this year also seems pretty clear. Roman was invincible because of his family and now he is slowly losing up. The Usos are done with him and are going to feud with each other now.

Next step is Solo leaving Roman and then maybe Heyman so when Roman enters Philly he will be legit all alone.

Cody straight up laid it out on the build of this Mania. Roman will be a chief without a tribe

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Bloodline story line is starting to suck pretty bad

They keep on being inconsistent and changing characters motives on a whim

First Sami leaves the bloodline and tries to get Jey with him who decides not to leave

Then after the Uso's drop the tah titles Jimmy gets fed up with Roman and leaves which results in Jey also heading out

Now that Jey, and Jimmy are on the same page they make Jimmy turn again... Makes no sense and is terribly written

Their common goal was to end the bloodline with Roman as tribal chief and world champ

If they keep on shifting their motivations it just comes as goofy and illogical.

Next we will see Solo turn and Jey and Jimmy on his side, then when hes about to beat Roman the Uso's turn on him inexplicably again
It's completely jumped the shark yet you'll still be told it's masterful and it's "cinema". 🤣 SUCH GOOD SHIT, PAL

Geeks.

Reactions: Fro and hamzarocks

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
It's almost as if WWF creative has challenged Hollywood as to whom has the least amount of creativity.

MIB cash-in a on a winded and wounded champ/new champ? Shocked I tells ya!

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
You admitted you don't follow so how do you know?
I don't follow close enough to know if I miss anything. I don't watch any of their tv. I hear what I hear in threads like these and podcasts. I allow that I can easily miss a lot that way aka not know Jimmy and Jey's current dynamics but I am very confident that this shit is played out af.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hmmmmm......I wonder if Charlotte would have received the same reaction backstage ????

You hear a lot about the politicking backstage of talent looking to make personal gains in what is really a dog-eat-dog world. Bayley has managed to gain and use whatever political capital she has backstage to help everyone else.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bloodline storyline went sour last night. It literally makes zero sense. Russo swerve.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I agree that the story has ran its course. Figured we'd get one more main event of Usos v Reigns/Solo, then it would be time to move on. Maybe bring in Sami/KO for a 3-way dance, but that's it.

That said, it's been a ratings winner, so shouldn't be shocked.

Reactions: hamzarocks and CDJ

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm a bit surprised people weren't aware that Roman is only going to lose the belt at Mania.

The overall story for this year also seems pretty clear. Roman was invincible because of his family and now he is slowly losing up. The Usos are done with him and are going to feud with each other now.

Next step is Solo leaving Roman and then maybe Heyman so when Roman enters Philly he will be legit all alone.

Cody straight up laid it out on the build of this Mania. Roman will be a chief without a tribe
It is not the loss, it is how it happened.

Jimmy turning on Jey makes no sense. A swerve for the sake of a swerve.

Jey could have given it his all and lost clean last night and it would have been fine.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Jimmy's reasoning could simply be that he wants to be the Tribal Chief. That's not inconsistent or illogical at all as long as Jimmy doesn't join Roman again.
This is the only way that I can see this working. All of Jimmy, Jey, and Solo vying to be the "Tribal Chief".

Otherwise, consider me out on this Bloodline story. If this was a true "Tribal Combat" match, there should have been zero outside interference. Just make it a no DQ match if you're not going to follow Samoan canon.

I imagine Roman gets someone like Rey Mysterio fed to him for the next PPV. After that, who knows? Four way Tribal Combat at the Rumble between him, Jey, Jimmy, and Solo?

They even started planting the seeds for a Solo turn with the confrontation after Roman speared him accidentally. Imagine Solo turns before Survivor Series and you get the fatal four way I mentioned last post at the Rumble. They really should do that at Mania but I don't think they can keep that story going that long.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
But yeah, otherwise, thought the show was fine.

Ricochet still looks strong with the dirty finish. This was a good opening match. People shit on Logan Paul but it's evident he's worked really hard at being a decent worker. Guy has legitimate heat and not just the "go away" type.

Cody/Lesnar was fine. Confused by the Lesnar respect at the end. Feel like that was ad libbed and that there's more than meets the eye there.

Knight winning the Battle Royal was nice but the booking dropped the ball to make it mean something. Should have been for a US/IC title shot next PPV or something. Curious to see how they book Knight moving forward. Taking the US belt off Theory seems like the correct move.

Rollins winning was fine. Having Balor go over would have been fine too as I feel that there's a better story to be told with him having the belt and Priest with the MITB briefcase. But I kind of see where it's going and I'm into it. For the sake of story telling, Balor should have gone over. Curious to see who's next up for Rollins. Wonder if a guy like Bronson or Nakamura gets a shot?

The women's program was the best of the night. Go Iyo! Lots of great potential stories there. How long before Bayley pulls an HHH on Orton after the latter won the title as part of Evolution? You can tease it a while and set that match up for the Rumble. Programs with Asuka and Kairi if the rumors are to be believed would be nice segways into that.

Thoughts on the Bloodline match above. I'm out on it unless it's a fully blown, all out four way battle to be Tribal Chief.

Reactions: Habsrule

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
What's the last storyline that was as good as this?
What does that have to do with it jumping the shark? It was once much stronger than currently. That doesn't mean it wasn't once "the best ever". It just means it isn't what it used to be.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
But yeah, otherwise, thought the show was fine.

Ricochet still looks strong with the dirty finish. This was a good opening match. People shit on Logan Paul but it's evident he's worked really hard at being a decent worker. Guy has legitimate heat and not just the "go away" type.

Cody/Lesnar was fine. Confused by the Lesnar respect at the end. Feel like that was ad libbed and that there's more than meets the eye there.

Knight winning the Battle Royal was nice but the booking dropped the ball to make it mean something. Should have been for a US/IC title shot next PPV or something. Curious to see how they book Knight moving forward. Taking the US belt off Theory seems like the correct move.

Rollins winning was fine. Having Balor go over would have been fine too as I feel that there's a better story to be told with him having the belt and Priest with the MITB briefcase. But I kind of see where it's going and I'm into it. For the sake of story telling, Balor should have gone over. Curious to see who's next up for Rollins. Wonder if a guy like Bronson or Nakamura gets a shot?

The women's program was the best of the night. Go Iyo! Lots of great potential stories there. How long before Bayley pulls an HHH on Orton after the latter won the title as part of Evolution? You can tease it a while and set that match up for the Rumble. Programs with Asuka and Kairi if the rumors are to be believed would be nice segways into that.

Thoughts on the Bloodline match above. I'm out on it unless it's a fully blown, all out four way battle to be Tribal Chief.
Knight needs to stay away from the US title. That title is a death sentence unless your name is John Cena.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Knight needs to stay away from the US title. That title is a death sentence unless your name is John Cena.
Or he's the guy to elevate it and make it relevant again. Two sides to a coin. And really, with Roman likely not having a singles match until Survivor Series, it'll essentially be the top title on Smackdown.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Or he's the guy to elevate it and make it relevant again. Two sides to a coin. And really, with Roman likely not having a singles match until Survivor Series, it'll essentially be the top title on Smackdown.
Especially when you have so many titles that never switch.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Especially when you have so many titles that never switch.
Yup. No tag titles exclusive to the show either, and KO and Sami have been on Raw way more lately.

It's the women's title and the US title, that's it. The Bloodline story was good enough to main event most nights without a title directly involved. Who knows where they go with it on Friday.

The fans are going to turn on the whole thing if Jimmy gives some bullshit "I've always been #1 between the two of us" crap. Give me the four way struggle for head of the table with all of these guys killing each other. Bring Rock or Rikishi back to try and bring peace and have all four of them obliterate them. I don't care. Just make it make sense.The right thing to do was a Dusty finish if you're going to have interference but that ship sailed.

But yeah, plenty of room for a US title story to be A1 on Smackdown.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think you at least need to hear Jimmy's reasoning on Friday before jumping to major conclusions that it's crap and no one knows what they are writing.

We have all been watching wrestling for years and we know swerves happen on the PPV and they get explained on TV the following week.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is the only way that I can see this working. All of Jimmy, Jey, and Solo vying to be the "Tribal Chief".

Otherwise, consider me out on this Bloodline story. If this was a true "Tribal Combat" match, there should have been zero outside interference. Just make it a no DQ match if you're not going to follow Samoan canon.

I imagine Roman gets someone like Rey Mysterio fed to him for the next PPV. After that, who knows? Four way Tribal Combat at the Rumble between him, Jey, Jimmy, and Solo?

They even started planting the seeds for a Solo turn with the confrontation after Roman speared him accidentally. Imagine Solo turns before Survivor Series and you get the fatal four way I mentioned last post at the Rumble. They really should do that at Mania but I don't think they can keep that story going that long.

Fatal 4 way at SS or the Rumble seems like the way to go.

They have been teasing Solo turning on Roman a lot. Also I think with Solo he is loyal because Roman is the Chief, it's not out of love or specific family reasons. He doesn't seem willing to tolerate Roman's gaslighting and abuse like Jimmy, Jey, and Sami did.

I would be legit shocked and annoyed if Jimmy is just folding back into the Bloodline, but I don't think at all that's what is happening.

It's either direct jealousy of Jey or twisted love that he feels being Chief changes and ruins you and he didn't want that for Jey.

Jimmy's currently unknown reason for not wanting Jey to be the right hand man is going to be the crux of it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yup. No tag titles exclusive to the show either, and KO and Sami have been on Raw way more lately.

It's the women's title and the US title, that's it. The Bloodline story was good enough to main event most nights without a title directly involved. Who knows where they go with it on Friday.

The fans are going to turn on the whole thing if Jimmy gives some bullshit "I've always been #1 between the two of us" crap. Give me the four way struggle for head of the table with all of these guys killing each other. Bring Rock or Rikishi back to try and bring peace and have all four of them obliterate them. I don't care. Just make it make sense.The right thing to do was a Dusty finish if you're going to have interference but that ship sailed.

But yeah, plenty of room for a US title story to be A1 on Smackdown.

There is no reason someone like Knight can't do for the US Title what GUNTHER is doing for the IC title.

I think that was the original idea with Theory, but HHH and Vince had different ideas of what worked for him and he ended up getting put to the side as a result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad