Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I really think if Real wanted Hazard he'd be there already. Don't think he's really in their plans. They'll go for someone better if Bale doesn't step up this season.

Better than Hazard? How many better players are there out there for them to go for?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Better than Hazard? How many better players are there out there for them to go for?
They're out there. Hazard is a great player but I think a bit overrated personally. He practically asked Real Madrid to come get him and they don't appear to ever have been interested to this point. They'll go after guys like Mbappe and Neymar first and I'm sure more, younger and bigger stars will continue to emerge while they ride their current crop. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'd be down with Kurzawa. Had a down year last year but definitely has the ability to be one of the best LB's out there.
Agreed. I’m hoping we get either a LB or a CB that is starter quality for a CL team before the deadline. If we get both then this window immediately becomes fantastic (depending on who they are :laugh: )

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Agreed. I’m hoping we get either a LB or a CB that is starter quality for a CL team before the deadline. If we get both then this window immediately becomes fantastic (depending on who they are :laugh: )

I'm incredibly doubtful we sign anyone at this point honestly. But if we were to sign Kurzawa and Alderweireld that'd be a big step in the right direction. But as Schole's said there's no real vision or plan with this team, and that's the first thing that needs to happen.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm incredibly doubtful we sign anyone at this point honestly. But if we were to sign Kurzawa and Alderweireld that'd be a big step in the right direction. But as Schole's said there's no real vision or plan with this team, and that's the first thing that needs to happen.
I think that Mou is gone after this year. It’s just a feeling I have. Maybe United could drop a ton of money and convince Nagelsmann to come over. A core of Pogba, Matic, Alexis, Lukaku, Fred, Bailly, De Gea is pretty good. Add in Alder and Kurzawa and it becomes fantastic under a good manager.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think that Mou is gone after this year. It’s just a feeling I have. Maybe United could drop a ton of money and convince Nagelsmann to come over. A core of Pogba, Matic, Alexis, Lukaku, Fred, Bailly, De Gea is pretty good. Add in Alder and Kurzawa and it becomes fantastic under a good manager.

Yup I agree. I just don't really know what this teams identity is other than don't concede. Every team in the top 6 has a play style and identity except for us and that frustrates me.

Reactions: Gecklund

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They're out there. Hazard is a great player but I think a bit overrated personally. He practically asked Real Madrid to come get him and they don't appear to ever have been interested to this point. They'll go after guys like Mbappe and Neymar first and I'm sure more, younger and bigger stars will continue to emerge while they ride their current crop. Just my opinion.

But that should be next summer, unless Vinicius goes beast mode at 18y already.

I can't see Mbappe being available at all, so it's Harard or Neymar from the big names, and with the kids I'd most likely end up prefering Hazard.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Chambers on a full year loan move to Fulham.

- Ospina will be heading to either Turkey or Italy soon.

- Perez to West Ham is all, but done for 5 million pounds.

- Vida has picked up major traction the past 24 hours. Some insiders are saying that he has already agreed to terms with the Arsenal. Beskitas wants 25 million for him, which seems quite a lot for him.

- No word on Ramsey, but N'Zonzi still rumoured to be his replacement.

Wolves bench is not good enough to get to Europe. 9th-10th place would be a good accomplishment, also bearing in mind that teams that add lots of players usually don't gel quickly. Milan last season was a good example.
Wolves are doing a lot of good, you can't help but admired what they built in less than three month time. However, it's not even their bench which is the biggest worry for me, it's their lack of chemistry. They just bought like one player from the top 7-9 countries in Europe - they're going to start out of the gates quite slowly, but should have a strong second half of the season.

I'd take Zouma easily over Maguire. I haven't followed his last season and injuries probably hurt his career, but he was quite a talent at some point.
Not sure that's true nowadays, Zouma still has the better potential, but until I see it MaGuire is easily the better defender (it's close though).

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I guarantee 95% of Chelsea fans haven't heard of Kepa outside of playing FIFA, and definitely haven't seen him play for Athletic until going on youtube in the last 48 hours.

I know I have never watched him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Kovacic going to Chelsea has me even more excited to watch them this year. Playing under Sarri could be the perfect move for his career, too.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
With Mahrez gone, should Leicester still be expected to compete for 6th? :huh:
6th? I don't think anyone who finished top 6 last year will fall out of it. I think it's reasonable that Leicester can still compete for 7-9 like they did last year.

I guarantee 95% of Chelsea fans haven't heard of Kepa outside of playing FIFA, and definitely haven't seen him play for Athletic until going on youtube in the last 48 hours.

I know I have never watched him.
Sure, I've never watched him play that I can recall, but that is different than saying I have never heard of him. I know enough about him to know he has a lot of potential and has been good for his age. It's unreasonable to expect anyone to have watched every single player in the world enough to comment on them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd take Hazard before Neymar as well. Mbappé would be a dream, but why would PSG sell?

Mbappe is going to be PSG's Ronaldo/Messi.
Just have to hope Vinicius gets to that level as well.

Bale replacing Ronaldo should bring in a change to Real, on so many levels and I'm ready for change, Hazard should fit that style better than Neymar.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Mbappe is going to be PSG's Ronaldo/Messi.
Just have to hope Vinicius gets to that level as well.

Bale replacing Ronaldo should bring in a change to Real, on so many levels and I'm ready for change, Hazard should fit that style better than Neymar.

I am the biggest Bale fan there is, so I am happy that he gets the chance to be our main offensive weapon. Hopefully he can remain healthy.

Reactions: YNWA14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Sure, I've never watched him play that I can recall, but that is different than saying I have never heard of him. I know enough about him to know he has a lot of potential and has been good for his age. It's unreasonable to expect anyone to have watched every single player in the world enough to comment on them.

Yeah I'm sure just about everyone posting here has heard of him and knows a bit about him. I'm talking about your average Chelsea fan that's talking him up now as if they ever watched him play. The video that was posted shows just as much, and it applies to every fan base, not just Chelsea supporters.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I am the biggest Bale fan there is, so I am happy that he gets the chance to be our main offensive weapon. Hopefully he can remain healthy.

I'm a big Bale fan too, worker with skill, finally gets to show his talent. With him as the leader I'm expecting less complaining& falling down, but the injuries are a real concern, he seems to miss time every year.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad