Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Don't sleep on Firmino's football IQ, he's right up there with the best of them. Of course he starts further up.
Yes he's up there with football IQ but as you said he's a striker. I watch all the big leagues and there is not a midfielder close to Modric right now even though he has lost a step. Madrid would be crazy to let him go but i have a feeling he wants to leave. Besides Modric I loved watching Pirlo who also played great at an older age until age finally took its toll.

Reactions: YNWA14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I don't see United selling Martial to another Premier League club (based on previous comments this summer). Alderweireld would at least need to come in return plus United would need to get a striker. Spurs meanwhile would need someone to replace Alderweireld and like with a potential Martial replacement, there isn't time for it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From Paul Hirst (The Times):

Mourinho fears MUFC will not sign anyone before deadline
Present situation:
-Maguire too pricey at £65m
-Alderweireld too expensive
-Bayern rejected Boateng loan bid. Utd worried abt injury record
-Being put off Mina, a backup option, due to agent fees

Raiola?

Maguire is definitely too pricey at that rate.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Arsenal is a significant step above all of them. Those teams will battle for 7th.
Arsenal finished 3 wins above Burnley last season. Arsenal is good at keeping the ball out of their net, but not scoring goals. I think Wolves have the firepower to possibly just overpower Arsenal.

Neves and Jota are out of this world. The whole Premier League and their fans will notice this season. I wouldn't sell Neves for 50M.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arsenal finished 3 wins above Burnley last season. Arsenal is good at keeping the ball out of their net, but not scoring goals. I think Wolves have the firepower to possibly just overpower Arsenal.

Neves and Jota are out of this world. The whole Premier League and their fans will notice this season. I wouldn't sell Neves for 50M.
Arsenal’s problems are the exact opposite. I think we should wait and see how Wolves do in their first few matches before saying they will be 6th.

Reactions: bluesfan94

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I do think Neves is a special talent.

The owner of Wolves certainly believe in their project.

Reactions: Natey

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Arsenal’s problems are the exact opposite. I think we should wait and see how Wolves do in their first few matches before saying they will be 6th.
I was confusing Arsenal with Burnley - and I have no idea why, hahaha. Oh well. I'll hold out hope Wolves can compete for a Europa League spot.

I do think Neves is a special talent.

The owner of Wolves certainly believe in their project.
If this happens in the Premier League, it would be shown for years to come. Because it was in the Championship, it's not even easy to find good quality video of it. :P

EDIT: Found a better quality clip.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Wolves can certainly compete for a Europa league spot. I think Arsenal are a lofty goal for them, but we've seen stranger things (ie. Leicester winning the league).

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I don't see United selling Martial to another Premier League club (based on previous comments this summer). Alderweireld would at least need to come in return plus United would need to get a striker. Spurs meanwhile would need someone to replace Alderweireld and like with a potential Martial replacement, there isn't time for it.

They can go vertongen/Sanchez like most of last season, while having foyth and being able to move Davies inside as well...if they sold toby, I'd think that would mean they keep rose as additional cover...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also United and Chelsea have entered talks about Zouma. According to L’Equipe. Goes from world class players in Alderweireld and Boetang to a homegrown quota Maguire to absolute question mark Mina to could barely break in to Stoke Zouma.

World class players probably do not want to play for Mou. Word gets around fast and his comments about Pogba speak for themselves. Probably scared off quite a few.

Reactions: Fro

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
World class players probably do not want to play for Mou. Word gets around fast and his comments about Pogba speak for themselves. Probably scared off quite a few.
I totally understand why they wouldn’t. Also he’s getting into the third season and is looking poised for a explosion. Mou will be gone by the end of the year. If they replace him with a defensive coach nothing will get better if they get a coach that will actually play pretty football then the team will get better.

Scholes said it best: “City have a great manager, great players, and a style of play everyone buys into. United seem like they have no idea what is going on.”

Reactions: I Eat Crow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad