Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Not sure mediocre is fair, he is a developer...and really good at it...would like to see his in game mgmt change a bit, but he's more than solid

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we somehow get Kepa, Kovacic, and Fekir, then I forgive the board for this window, but man do they like the theatrics.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If we somehow get Kepa, Kovacic, and Fekir, then I forgive the board for this window, but man do they like the theatrics.
Not sure how Fekir works under Sarri though...

As a winger? Not sure he has the pace (though the left foot would surely be helpful)
As a False 9? Don't think that's an option in the EPL
As a CAM in a midfield 3? Maybe...but that leaves Chelsea incredible vulnerable defensively

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure how Fekir works under Sarri though...

As a winger? Not sure he has the pace (though the left foot would surely be helpful)
As a False 9? Don't think that's an option in the EPL
As a CAM in a midfield 3? Maybe...but that leaves Chelsea incredible vulnerable defensively

Most would be an option. He'd have Kante to provide cover. I don't see why he wouldn't work as a false 9. We need scorers and he can score.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Most would be an option. He'd have Kante to provide cover. I don't see why he wouldn't work as a false 9. We need scorers and he can score.
I suppose he could work as a winger, I don't think he's got the required pace but he makes up for it in technical ability.

I could see that working more than a false 9 role

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He still needs to add some sort of an attacking option though.
Yes clearly...that or hope Hudson-Odoi can really step up.

I had my hopes up earlier this summer for Leon Bailey, thought he'd be perfect for Chelsea but Bayer doesn't seem willing to sell at this point.

Been also reading Zaha being linked to Chelsea, although i'm not sure how much of that has to do with the unsettled Willian

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not officially announced yet but Adama Traore is at Wolves training grounds today. There are pictures and videos online.

Huge for Wolves. Traore's acceleration and speed are second to none and he's finally added some end product to that pace.

Jota, Jimenez, Costa, Cavaleiro, Bonatini, and Traore is an impressive front 3 with really good depth.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Personally think Traore could use another season at Boro where he is an undisputed starter. Pulis has surprisingly done wonders for him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Personally think Traore could use another season at Boro where he is an undisputed starter. Pulis has surprisingly done wonders for him.
Sure. But everyone would be after him then. Wolves were smart to dive in now for £18M.

Wolves could use a LWB and CB before the deadline, but they look like a top-10 squad regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad