Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part IV

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Seems only oil clubs have money these days.

Poor, poor Real who just spent 120M+ on a young midfielder.

This take, whew.

Anyways, ManU apparently interested in Asensio. Please just offer us something dumb ManU I beg.

Last edited:
Reactions: King 88

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some talk about Sangare to the PL. He has a 35M release clause. I’ve seen some weak links to United, Liverpool, and Chelsea. Trying to find a better source though on Twitter because all those links look to be from the Sun.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Some talk about Sangare to the PL. He has a 35M release clause. I’ve seen some weak links to United, Liverpool, and Chelsea. Trying to find a better source though on Twitter because all those links look to be from the Sun.

He'd be a really nice fit next to FdJ.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh poor Real who had to manage shortly. Right after spending 150M on Hazard and spending zillion on Ronaldo+Kaka a few years before just in one summer.
Can you hear my tears rolling on my cheeks?

PLEASE. Real is the team responsible for the biggest jump start in prices EVER in football (Chelsea being the other) and that was under Perez.

This take, whew.

Anyways, ManU apparently interested in Asensio. Please just offer us something dumb ManU I beg.
Yes, this take. Please elaborate.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Oh poor Real who had to manage shortly. Right after spending 150M on Hazard and spending zillion on Ronaldo+Kaka a few years before just in one summer.
Can you hear my tears rolling on my cheeks?

PLEASE. Real is the team responsible for the biggest jump start in prices EVER in football (Chelsea being the other) and that was under Perez.

Yes, this take. Please elaborate.

This is funny. you mention how people keep on saying Oil Money teams are the only spending.. your defence to that is Real Madrid spending money 13 years ago?

And a team who bought a player for 150m, a year after they sold one for 100m?

Just to confirm, your rebuttal for Oil Money teams spending money, is Madrid bought players 13 years ago? Also the few year gap between Ronaldo + Kaka and Hazard, was 10 years.

Notice how Madrid when spending that money, had to take time to prepare a bid for Mbappe, while clubs like Man City and your love PSG, just kept on spending because they don't need to manage?

We get it, PSG can do no wrong, but let's not act like PSG and Man City have an impact on prices and have a leg up right now, because they can spend freely. As does things that happened, I guess 13 years ago.

but the poor, poor Madrid who spent 120m on a midfielder, after their last biggest transfer of let's check notes, Camavinga last year and before that, was 2019!

And for the "Real Madrid was going to pay Mbappe the same as PSG" Notice how Madrids only paid transfer was Camavinga, everyone else was sold? Meanwhile PSG Added Messi Salary, Donnaruma salary, Ramos etc. and just matched the offer with ease?

Hell look at Barca, they've spent recklessly and now they are dealing with the problems now, a team like PSG can spend recklessly and not deal with those problems ever.

Also, incredibly remarkable that you brought up the summer where Real Madrid bought Kaka/Ronaldo for the biggest jump in prices. When **checks notes.** outside of Pogba going to Manchester United, 9 of the most expensive transfers of all time happened after Neymar went to PSG and Mbappe to PSG. crazy.

TLDR:

So yes, the take about Madrid spending 120M for a midfielder after 3 years of not spending, is a take.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes that's quite a take to see Real fans talking about managing the budget and complaining about other teams' spending since anyone over 12 years old who follows football knows no team in history has spent like Real has.
So yes that's hilarious.
Also hilarious to compare prices from the last few years to those of 13 years ago.
Or even earlier.
Hilarious not to comprehend this.
How many times did PSG or City break a transfer record?
How many times did Real?

Yes learn your own team's history and then come back with YOUR hilarious take.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think there's a bit of glass houses and all.

That said, I think there's a fair amount of argument that Real should have some revenues that support stupid transfers. I don't know how that could be applied to the second biggest club in Manchester.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That’s Pefok right? Meh he’s no where near the level. He’s not good.

No clue, but he's an american that had a great year for Young Boys Bern, so I figured I'd mention it...though I assume that he'd be more of a Tigges successor who provided cover for a younger Haaland replacement like Sesko / Scamacca / Gouiri / Etikite / Hlozek.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think there's a bit of glass houses and all.

That said, I think there's a fair amount of argument that Real should have some revenues that support stupid transfers. I don't know how that could be applied to the second biggest club in Manchester.
You mean revenues like when the Spanish state offered some to them?
Yeah Real should be about the last team to whine about spending or state funding but it seems to work with some of their either young or ignorant fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No clue, but he's an american that had a great year for Young Boys Bern, so I figured I'd mention it...though I assume that he'd be more of a Tigges successor who provided cover for a younger Haaland replacement like Sesko / Scamacca / Gouiri / Etikite / Hlozek.
Yeah that’s Jordan Pefok. I haven’t really watched him at the club level but I don’t think I’ve seen a worse striker on the NT. His positioning, runs, finishing, all absolutely awful. The few times I have watched him at the club level (like 2-3 times so sample size obviously) he’s a product of his team. He’s big. He’s strong. He’s not good.

Reactions: luiginb

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yes that's quite a take to see Real fans talking about managing the budget and complaining about other teams' spending since anyone over 12 years old who follows football knows no team in history has spent like Real has.
So yes that's hilarious.
Also hilarious to compare prices from the last few years to those of 13 years ago.
Or even earlier.
Hilarious not to comprehend this.
How many times did PSG or City break a transfer record?
How many times did Real?

Yes learn your own team's history and then come back with YOUR hilarious take.

From my knowledge, PSG has the two highest transfers ever. But alas, yes. Over times transfer records will break. especially for a game around for 100's of years! & PSG did that in 10 years, imagine where they will be in 30!

Jesus, all I said was Real Madrid spends money as do many other teams, while Madrid in the last few years have had to watch how they spend, while PSG or City don't have too. HILARIOUS not to comprehend this.

Also, you brought up the prices from 13 years ago. I was just pointing out how majority of the big transfers has happened after PSG bought Neymar and Mbappe, dare I say. similar to your point, PSG is the reason prices have gone up recently!

But yes since Madrid started the initial surge 13 years ago, they are still to blame for the prices now.

To make it even more clear: Madrid has spent a lot of money and they will still spend money but if you want a perfect example, since you brought it up.

Madrid spent 120m on a midfielder, because PSG kept on raising the price!

Madrid was part of the boom in the early 2010's of big time transfers, PSG imo is part of a bigger boom in 2017, as is more teams having more money and big time investors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah not THE Marquinhos but a winger.
why-not-both-why-not.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In an interesting bit of throwing mud at the wall to see if it sticks, some rags have suggested that Bayern are testing Harry Kane's commitment to Conte.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad