Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You’re bringing up Oxlade-Chamberlain like it matters (he did play very well), lie about my posts and then try to call me juvenile. That’s rich.
You brought up Tavares and Lokonga and referenced a transfer that hasn't happened. I quoted your post directly. You're acting like a petulant toddler.

From now on it will be seph and ab and bluesfan, don’t worry. We won’t lump you in with them.
My bigger homer opinion of City had a better season than Liverpool.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Maybe "you all" wouldn't have occurred if some of you weren't so defensive about such a stupid argument. I mean this board cuts some slack on some of you based on the team you support. Imagine if it was SEPH or AB posting this crap.
I have made clear how I feel about Savant’s ridiculousness and it was even quoted on this page how I feel about it. The person who quoted it didn’t even realize I was saying Savant’s comments were dumb. And the fact is I don’t comment on his tangents because I think they’re ridiculous. My silence is obviously not an endorsement of his comments and the fact I’m trying to ignore them should speak volumes. I commented now because I am being lumped in with that when I’ve done no such thing.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
My bigger homer opinion of City had a better season than Liverpool.
No it’s that you don’t have strong reading comprehension and didn’t realize that I was calling Savants comments ridiculous when you tried to post them to own me or something. It was very ABish of you.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Oh damn, this caught strays lol.
I have made clear how I feel about Savant’s ridiculousness and it was even quoted on this page how I feel about it. The person who quoted it didn’t even realize I was saying Savant’s comments were dumb. And the fact is I don’t comment on his tangents because I think they’re ridiculous. My silence is obviously not an endorsement of his comments and the fact I’m trying to ignore them should speak volumes. I commented now because I am being lumped in with that when I’ve done no such thing.
I took your post at bluesfan as a deflectionary defense of Savant's position via attack of someone countering (this board tends to work that way). If it wasn't that, then that's my bad.

Clearly, I didn't give due thought to my language, otherwise I wouldn't have said "you all". At the moment, it was more of a "you two".

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I took your attack on bluesfan as a deflectionary defense of Savant's position via attack of someone countering (this board tends to work that way). If it wasn't that, then that's my bad.
Why would you ever think something so logical? Obviously LITN has spent his time posting about this because he doesn't care and agrees with everyone other than Savant.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Oh damn, this caught strays lol.

I took your post at bluesfan as a deflectionary defense of Savant's position via attack of someone countering (this board tends to work that way). If it wasn't that, then that's my bad.

Clearly, I didn't give due thought to my language, otherwise I wouldn't have said "you all". At the moment, it was more of a "you two".
I jumped in because the irony of an Arsenal fan devaluing domestic cups was hilarious to me. That's all. I have no problem agreeing with unpopular opinions so if I did agree with him I would do so.

Why would you ever think something so logical? Obviously LITN has spent his time posting about this because he doesn't care and agrees with everyone other than Savant.

I said I didn't care? Your ability to put words in other people's mouths and strip their comments of context is astounding. You even quoted me agreeing with the point that Savant is ridiculous (in the thread, it is plainly obvious that's what I mean) and tried to spin it as me agreeing with him. That's hilarious dude. You should stop digging.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It’s also rumored FdJ wants to play a different role than he plays at Barca and Ten Hag has shown to know that role and use it. I also think that United with the right additions and players coming back to form make the CL next season. I think they’re making it at fourth unless guys REALLY come back into form but still making it. I mean I don’t think there’s a way for all of Rashford, Sancho, Bruno to be as bad as they were this season. Sancho especially started showing a bit better towards the end of last season, Bruno showed better with his national team, and Rashford had already started coming back into training and working back to full fitness. I don’t think it would be exactly a huge sell to have him come into a role he’s comfortable with, with his old coach, and be a center piece. He really doesn’t have a consistent role or consistent playing time at Barca. I think with 2 new midfielders (one FdJ and one a bit more defensive) and a CB like Torres or Timber, I do think they are right there at 4 if everyone buys into the system.
Making the CL is huge task because I also expect Chelsea to be competitive and Tottenham to challenge also not to mention Arsenal and maybe a surprise or two.

I get it Manchester United need CL and they have the ressources and will challenge but too many changes could also be very problematic. I mean new manager, new system, new players, old players and the outside pressure.
FDJ is a very good player and so are their other targets but the EPL is not the eredivisie, every game are hardly fought and they will also compete in the UEFA league. If they have an average start I could see the pressure mounting fast.

Maybe I am severely under estimating Ten Hag but fixing Manchester United is IMO not an easy task with all the ego in the room and the fan expectations. I feel like Tuchel, Conte and Arteta have an head start as their system are pretty much implemented and they don't start from scratch.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Making the CL is huge task because I also expect Chelsea to be competitive and Tottenham to challenge also not to mention Arsenal and maybe a surprise or two.

I get it Manchester United need CL and they have the ressources and will challenge but too many changes could also be very problematic. I mean new manager, new system, new players, old players and the outside pressure.
FDJ is a very good player and so are their other targets but the EPL is not the eredivisie, every game are hardly fought and they will also compete in the UEFA league. If they have an average start I could see the pressure mounting fast.

Maybe I am severely under estimating Ten Hag but fixing Manchester United is IMO not an easy task with all the ego in the room and the fan expectations. I feel like Tuchel, Conte and Arteta have an head start as their system are pretty much implemented and they don't start from scratch.
No I mean I agree it won’t be easy at all. I do think though that the locker room issues will be helped with some of the outs that have already happened and having a permanent manager in place. I genuinely think FdJ, a defensive mid, and a CB would be huge for this team. It would free up Bruno, Sancho, Rashford, and CR7 to fully focus on offense and when in form that front 4 is behind only City and maybe Pool depending on if Mane leaves or not. It also depends on if DDG stays the same. A lot of things have to go right but that’s the same for every club except Pool, City, and to a much lesser extent Chelsea.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean yeah but it’s been widely rumored Barca want to sell him and that Frenkie is starting to see that. I think that’s kind of my point is that Frenkie is starting to become a bit unsettled with all these things circling Barca so if he does leave i think it’s United.

My whole point was don’t buy into any nonsense about him preferring to play deeper therefore he wants to leave.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Quality player, good at everything, amazing technique, but he has some traits I really dislike in a player, he's soft and slow and sometimes looks like he doesn't care. Apart from some moments of pure class I won't really miss de Jong, especially if we manage to get 100 mil for him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Quality player, good at everything, amazing technique, but he has some traits I really dislike in a player, he's soft and slow and sometimes looks like he doesn't care. Apart from some moments of pure class I won't really miss de Jong, especially if we manage to get 100 mil for him.
100 million is nothing to sneeze at and I’m not as worried about losing him at CM. The problem I have is Busquets will be gone in 12 months and then what do you do?

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
100 million is nothing to sneeze at and I’m not as worried about losing him at CM. The problem I have is Busquets will be gone in 12 months and then what do you do?

Actually though @luiginb , f*** that. I don’t care what they’re getting for De Jong. He alone won‘t fix the financial issue (vote on Thursday probably will) and we could still use him. He is so far down the list of players we should be offloading it’s incredible. Depay, Lenglet, Umtiti, Griezmann, Pjanic, Braithwaite, Neto, etc. Get rid of all them first and then come and tell me you’re thinking of selling De Jong. I’d even add Nico to that list before I sell De Jong.

Nico or the new guy? I would agree tho

Nico has a lot to prove yet. New guy? Kessie? No thanks. Torre? Not a DM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad