Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bentacur, Arthur, Partey, Rabiot and Ramsey, all quality players, but none of them will fit together in any sort of formation.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
  • If United pay up for Dembele I'll personally donate a year's supply of multivitamins to keep him fit. Hell, I'll supply enough multivitamins to last the duration of his stay at United.
  • Ronaldo linked with Barça. Of course I don't buy it, but it does give me the opportunity to say I'd rather see us relegated to the Stone Age than ever have him play for the club.
  • Mundo Deportivo saying Guardiola wants to bring Thiago to City.

Rumor is that Barca, and many other clubs, were offered Ronaldo because Juve wants to unload his salary.

Headlines show Barca because it would be quite the story... but yeah, it is bs.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fully healthy Dembele>Fully healthy Sancho. But we know that will never happen.

The problem with saying something like this is that we haven't seen Dembele develop his game much in recent years because he barely plays. Dembele might've had more potential at age 17-18, but Sancho is at least as good at age 20 as Dembele is at age 23. And given the development curve for what ages players improve at, its probably more realistic to project improvements for a 20 year old than a 23 year old.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The problem with saying something like this is that we haven't seen Dembele develop his game much in recent years because he barely plays. Dembele might've had more potential at age 17-18, but Sancho is at least as good at age 20 as Dembele is at age 23. And given the development curve for what ages players improve at, its probably more realistic to project improvements for a 20 year old than a 23 year old.
I updated my POV in saying that I would rather currently spend 100+mil on Sancho than Dembele because Sancho is currently world class and will likely stay there. But I think Dembele has a higher ceiling that he likely won't reach.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I updated my POV in saying that I would rather currently spend 100+mil on Sancho than Dembele because Sancho is currently world class and will likely stay there. But I think Dembele has a higher ceiling that he likely won't reach.
I used to think Dembele had one of the highest ceilings too but...IDK, Dembele's last season at Dortmund (same age as Sancho now) was 8 goals and 18 assists...pretty good, but Sancho has 20 goals and 18 assists. Previous similar age season Sancho was also much more productive. Dembele would really have to vastly improve to be as good as Sancho is already IMO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I used to think Dembele had one of the highest ceilings too but...IDK, Dembele's last season at Dortmund (same age as Sancho now) was 8 goals and 18 assists...pretty good, but Sancho has 20 goals and 18 assists. Previous similar age season Sancho was also much more productive. Dembele would really have to vastly improve to be as good as Sancho is already IMO.
Dembele's natural talent is bested probably only by Mbappe, Messi, and Neymar currently. Now obviously there has been a lot of stuff that has kept him from reaching the heights that he can being; health, a bad attitude, poor work ethic, and a lack of professionalism. Like I said no chance I'd buy him over Sancho currently as Sancho is seeming to fully hit his potential and is well on his way to being a top player in the world. I mean both dudes ceilings are insanely high, I just think in a perfect world Dembele is a little bit better.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dembele's natural talent is bested probably only by Mbappe, Messi, and Neymar currently. Now obviously there has been a lot of stuff that has kept him from reaching the heights that he can being; health, a bad attitude, poor work ethic, and a lack of professionalism. Like I said no chance I'd buy him over Sancho currently as Sancho is seeming to fully hit his potential and is well on his way to being a top player in the world. I mean both dudes ceilings are insanely high, I just think in a perfect world Dembele is a little bit better.
I'm not really sure I agree. There are a ton of players out there that ooze natural talent who never make it to the upper echelon because there's more to being an elite player (and having a high ceiling) than just the 'natural talent' side. Not that Dembele isn't among the most talented young footballers out there, but he's not alone in that respect. Sancho has shown just as much talent but also a maturity and intelligence to his game that Dembele never has.

But anyway I think that's splitting hairs and preferences. At the end of the day I think we both agree that Sancho is who we'd take now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think when you don’t improve for two years in your age 21 and 22 seasons because of injuries, it lowers a player’s ceiling. Dembele might’ve had a higher ceiling at one point. I don’t know that he does anymore.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think when you don’t improve for two years in your age 21 and 22 seasons because of injuries, it lowers a player’s ceiling. Dembele might’ve had a higher ceiling at one point. I don’t know that he does anymore.
This is a good way of saying what I mean. If I could sign either one at 18 I'd pick Dembele. But with what we know now I wouldn't.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a good way of saying what I mean. If I could sign either one at 18 I'd pick Dembele. But with what we know now I wouldn't.

I agree, and I understand your point. Dembele is the flashiest attacking midfielder of the younger generation and usually flashy offensive skills equals a higher ceiling. He could’ve been as good or better than Mbappe. I don’t think he was lacking compared to Mbappe in talent either. It was every other part of the game.

And I think Dembele could dominate a game more than Sancho at Sancho’s age, but I think Sancho showed more consistency of good performances.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dembele....would still rather have him than Thomas Lemar. Woof.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I agree, and I understand your point. Dembele is the flashiest attacking midfielder of the younger generation and usually flashy offensive skills equals a higher ceiling. He could’ve been as good or better than Mbappe. I don’t think he was lacking compared to Mbappe in talent either. It was every other part of the game.

And I think Dembele could dominate a game more than Sancho at Sancho’s age, but I think Sancho showed more consistency of good performances.
Basically. Sancho has shown that he can consistently play at a world class level and stay healthy which clearly puts him ahead of Dembele.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also means that Havertz to Chelsea is almost done.
No chance in hell Bayer could afford spending that type of money after missing the CL if Havertz wouldn't be sold beforehand...

Whats your take on the player?
He's got good potential but he's not good enough yet. He's too clumsy right now. But he was good very young. Some Monaco fans I know don't think much of him, some are high on him.

Reactions: JoemAvs

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Definately not an exiting signing. Would be interesting to see him as a creative midfielder maybe, as an 8 or 10, Arteta said he might use him there.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Disgusting. Reeks of Joe Cole to Liverpool type signing. Hopefully our captain doesn’t say he can do anything better than Messi Lol.

Reactions: AB13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2