Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Thiago stuff is picking up big time. Can’t copy anything right now but there’s been some updates. I think we’ll have seven midfielders this season due to fixture congestion.

Reactions: Chimaera

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Thiago stuff is picking up big time. Can’t copy anything right now but there’s been some updates. I think we’ll have seven midfielders this season due to fixture congestion.

I still don't see Liverpool paying the 30M+ needed for him..
I would really hate to see Thiago go but him under Klopp would be fun and hopefully enough to make Pep and his friends cry for another year...
So given that Thiago seems off, I really hope this gets done. But I really have doubts that Liverpool has the funds unless they sell someone first (any chance you guys will create any money anytime soon?)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I still don't see Liverpool paying the 30M+ needed for him..
I would really hate to see Thiago go but him under Klopp would be fun and hopefully enough to make Pep and his friends cry for another year...
So given that Thiago seems off, I really hope this gets done. But I really have doubts that Liverpool has the funds unless they sell someone first (any chance you guys will create any money anytime soon?)

There’s going to be some sales. Shaqiri, Wilson, and Grujic will definitely be leaving. The owners will also want to make Klopp happy, so I think they’d let him have his one signing outside the budget if he really wanted it. Klopp has also previously said that Thiago is his favorite player.

Reactions: JoemAvs

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Rice is twerking for Chelsea too, to be fair.
Beyond the Mount stuff and how they'd like to play together, not sure what you're referencing specifically? He hasn't done or said anything about wanting to leave. Showing up for a "chat" with Terry is a mixed message, but he's also not the one plastering it all over social media.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Beyond the Mount stuff and how they'd like to play together, not sure what you're referencing specifically? He hasn't done or said anything about wanting to leave. Showing up for a "chat" with Terry is a mixed message, but he's also not the one plastering it all over social media.
He never fails to praise Chelsea or his time as a youth player there or praise their ex players.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think Rice is definitely interested in the idea of being the "Terry" of this era, and that's what they are trying to sell him on. I'm sure he likes the idea of them courting him this hard after being previously cut, and how he'd walk into a leadership role.

That being said, West Ham is right to say pay a Maguire fee or you aren't getting him.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He never fails to praise Chelsea or his time as a youth player there or praise their ex players.
Whenever a player is released and comes good, it becomes a huge part of the narrative. He gets asked about it constantly in interviews and isn't the type to slag off the team/players he played with until 14. I don't think there's much in that. Maybe he would like to play at Chelsea specifically one day, but he hasn't made any waves until now angling for a move.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Getting Thiago in, let Gini walk as a free agent next summer is a good scenario.

Reactions: Cassano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is it? I'm happy to have Thiago, I'm a long time admirer, but losing Gini sucks.
Yeah, it's not a good scenario to me. If Gini is asking for a retirement contract they don't have much choice though.
It’s better to get Thiago in a season early and let him settle than trying to replace Gini on the fly. It’s looking pretty likely that an extension isn’t coming, so yeah having both for a year is a good situation. I would hate to lose Gini as well, but I’d rather have him an extra year and let him walk than sell him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It’s better to get Thiago in a season early and let him settle than trying to replace Gini on the fly. It’s looking pretty likely that an extension isn’t coming, so yeah having both for a year is a good situation. I would hate to lose Gini as well, but I’d rather have him an extra year and let him walk than sell him.
I'm still hoping they can manage to get Thiago and keep Gini. Milner won't be around much longer, Henderson, Keita and Ox (and even Thiago) have extensive injury histories already.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • If United pay up for Dembele I'll personally donate a year's supply of multivitamins to keep him fit. Hell, I'll supply enough multivitamins to last the duration of his stay at United.
  • Ronaldo linked with Barça. Of course I don't buy it, but it does give me the opportunity to say I'd rather see us relegated to the Stone Age than ever have him play for the club.
  • Mundo Deportivo saying Guardiola wants to bring Thiago to City.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Badiashile to Bayer Leverkusen for 30M€ is almost done.
Good piece of business for Monaco for a player far from a finished product.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm still hoping they can manage to get Thiago and keep Gini. Milner won't be around much longer, Henderson, Keita and Ox (and even Thiago) have extensive injury histories already.
I mean the starters are all pushing 30. All the bodies help, but I don’t think it would be a priority to get a CM save for a special case like Thiago. Jones is ready for the first team. Cain and Clarkson will be ready 2021-22. They would probably be able to add next summer if they have to as well. I don’t think anyone wants Gini to go, but it’s a reality that we may have to prepare for.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Badiashile to Bayer Leverkusen for 30M€ is almost done.
Good piece of business for Monaco for a player far from a finished product.

Also means that Havertz to Chelsea is almost done.
No chance in hell Bayer could afford spending that type of money after missing the CL if Havertz wouldn't be sold beforehand...

Whats your take on the player?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also means that Havertz to Chelsea is almost done.
No chance in hell Bayer could afford spending that type of money after missing the CL if Havertz wouldn't be sold beforehand...

Whats your take on the player?
I mean Leverkusen is owned by one of the largest companies in the world. They certainly aren’t skint.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I mean Leverkusen is owned by one of the largest companies in the world. They certainly aren’t skint.

They already spent more than usual over the last year in clear anticipation of a huge Havertz money deal. They are hit hard by COVID as well and just missed the Champions League.
And you are vastly overestimating how involved Bayer is in the football club. Sure they give an annual contribution of money that is rather high but that is needed or the club wouldn't be sustainable in any way. But they aren't in the spending to win business.
Aside from that I think Bayer has enough problems right now due to that stupid Monsanto acquisition they made. Money is certainly an issue for Bayer Leverkusen as a football club right now.
A 19 year old kid getting signed for 30M is a surefire sign that Havertz to Chelsea is close to the finish line. As much as I don't like it..

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That's super fitting actually. I have no idea why they would do that.

He is a 27 year old midfielder. Thats almost as good as a 31 year old CB for them. Or a not quite toptier player demanding huge wages on a free. Catnip to say the least.
I don't think they can help themselves.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad