Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'll be interested in how Arsenal can pry that Ozil contract out of there, especially with the Covid Economy. DC United was certainly interested prior to all the craziness, but not now.

Ozan Kabak is a talent, but man, he just moved this past year after playing a year for Stuttgart. He needs to settle somewhere for a while.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
German papers linking Liverpool to Schalke CB Ozan Kabak. Maybe Klopp getting some intel on the player from Wagner? Don’t know much about the player and feels very tabloid driven.

Pearce says LFC still having issues with the Wijnaldum extension, but could be willing to let him leave on a free like Emre Can as opposed to selling him.

Very talented young CB, but I don’t buy it, at all. Fee seems inflated, and Liverpool would probably be looking for more of an immediate contributor.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Very talented young CB, but I don’t buy it, at all. Fee seems inflated, and Liverpool would probably be looking for more of an immediate contributor.
It seems to tick all the boxes actually.

Played under Wagner and Klopp probably got plenty of information from his friend.

Also, statistically solid so probably in the top of the list in term of our analytics shortlist.

Liverpool need a young defender and one that can grow and become a top defender.

Realistic fee at around 35M which could be paid in installments.

He is apparently modeling his game on Van Dijk.

What not to like? He was the guy I targeted as making the most sense even prior to this rumor.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Played under Wagner and Klopp probably got plenty of information from his friend.

Also, statistically solid so probably in the top of the list in term of our analytics shortlist.

Liverpool need a young defender and one that can grow and become a top defender.

What not to like? He was the guy I targeted as making the most sense even prior to this rumor.
What’s not to like is that he needs playing time to progress which he won’t get at Liverpool.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Schalke is broke. I think they’ll want money quickly with the players they sell, and aren’t looking to do many deferred payments.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What’s not to like is that he needs playing time to progress which he won’t get at Liverpool.
He could easily take over Gomez if he show his class. Liverpool will also compete on many fronts and even Lovren got plenty of game time under Klopp (too much)...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
German papers linking Liverpool to Schalke CB Ozan Kabak. Maybe Klopp getting some intel on the player from Wagner? Don’t know much about the player and feels very tabloid driven.
Excellent CB prospect, but if Pool has no money...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone know how credible @diarioas is ?
Does the AS know their stuff about Real?

Bayern have been making a lot of efforts in the past few days to convince Eduardo Camavinga and seem the best placed team at the moment. PSG are also interested. Camavinga is considering both options instead of waiting until next year for Real Madrid
@diarioas

Real will not try to sign Camavinga this summer as they will save money due to the pandemic. The player's agent, Moussa Sissoko, told Madrid that he doesn't know if it will be possible to wait for them. Camavinga has important offers and is considering accepting one [
@diarioas

Can't see Bayern pulling this off at all but with Thiago leaving and Havertz going to Chelsea, this sure would be one hell of a "consolation prize"...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Doubt it tbh. Bayern isn't in Real's division when it comes to prestige in France.
If Cama is sure to go to Real in a year, he won't sign with Bayern. As for PSG, I'm not sure if they're on this case. Haven't heard anything, which also doesn't mean anything since Leonardo is secretive.

But yeah, as some point, PSG should get the top L1 guys instead of trying the foreign market all the time. Camavinga, Dembele, Ndombele, Saliba, Cherki, those should be (or should have been) prime targets for PSG. I know they tried for Ndombele, but I feel like they're lowballing french teams.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Glad to see we're not the only club who suffers from this sort of thing.

That much for Costa during Covid? That's Barça thinking right there.

haha

It's true we do now spend a ton of money on overrated, old and always injured players. Barca and Juve are both nursing homes teams of their respective countries.

It's probably the right price for Costa. He spends most of his time as a patient of J Medical than he does on a football field. He's missed 47 games because of injury in the last 3 seasons. He can hardly play 20 minutes without pulling some kind of muscle. Now he spends his time filming his fortnite games and arguing with fans on Instagram.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
They may have made that offer (and I think they ultimately will) but this is very scripted.

All of the past few weeks

"Man United need to wait to see if CL money secured before bidding for Sancho"

"Man United and Bvb off 20m on valuation"

Then United takes 3rd place and secures CL on Sunday. Monday:

"Man United bid exactly 20m short of what BVB wants. Negotiations to continue"

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He could easily take over Gomez if he show his class. Liverpool will also compete on many fronts and even Lovren got plenty of game time under Klopp (too much)...
He'll get plenty of time but I highly doubt he usurps Gomez given how well that partnership has performed and with Gomez still not even in his prime.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don’t think that’s a terrible offer in this climate.

Although it depends on if it’s a hard 98m or if it’s something like 60m plus a bunch of addons which may or may not get hit.
I think the offer is decent and I think BVB rejecting is logical too.
All of this seems quite fair to me.
The transfer will happen at around 110-120 most likely.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I bet the gap is between what the upfront fee is and what the add-ons amount to, and then to what degree of difficulty those add-ons are. I imagine something in the area of 100M as an up-front fee, and some pretty easy add-ons for an additional 20+.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone know how credible @diarioas is ?
Does the AS know their stuff about Real?

Bayern have been making a lot of efforts in the past few days to convince Eduardo Camavinga and seem the best placed team at the moment. PSG are also interested. Camavinga is considering both options instead of waiting until next year for Real Madrid
@diarioas

Real will not try to sign Camavinga this summer as they will save money due to the pandemic. The player's agent, Moussa Sissoko, told Madrid that he doesn't know if it will be possible to wait for them. Camavinga has important offers and is considering accepting one [
@diarioas

Can't see Bayern pulling this off at all but with Thiago leaving and Havertz going to Chelsea, this sure would be one hell of a "consolation prize"...

I think it's going to be Real Madrid, if he moves this summer.

If he moves next summer, I think we might be a little better placed than you guys due to the Puma link between Rennes and Dortmund. They sold us Dembele because of that when he had interest from all the top teams.

Then again, Real Madrid could still be the destination next summer. When Real Madrid wants the player, it's hard for anyone else to sign the player

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund has no need to sell Sancho. If we sell for any discount, the club should get destroyed by fans and media. And they will get destroyed if they sell for any type of discount. They've already said there will be no discount because of COVID.

Unless a club desperately needs money, there should be no reason to take a discount for players this summer. Any club asking for a discount in player negotiations should be laughed at.

98M Euros for Sancho is a joke offer. I heard yesterday that Wolves was asking for 135M pounds for Traore. Sancho is a significantly better player, and he's four years younger. Wolves ask for Traore is unreasonable, in my opinion, but the 135M pounds number is the number I've been saying needs to be the ask for Sancho. Apparently there's an August 10 deadline for Sancho to be sold. We'll see if thats the actual deadline or if thats only a negotiating ploy.

And Bild is a bad source, so I wouldn't even be sure an offer was actually made for 98M euros. Wait for a more reliable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad