Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alcacer is one of the world's most underrated players. I would sell Lacazette in seconds if Arsenal were ever truly linked with him, he would scored consistently twenty with us every season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Alcacer is one of the world's most underrated players. I would sell Lacazette in seconds if Arsenal were ever truly linked with him, he would scored consistently twenty with us every season.
Not a fan of Alcacer. Would prefer Calvert-Lewin, Watkins or Bamford. We have Aubameyang and Martinelli so a new striker might not be needed though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not a fan of Alcacer. Would prefer Calvert-Lewin, Watkins or Bamford. We have Aubameyang and Martinelli so a new striker might not be needed though.
Oh man.... a list of average strikers there if I’ve ever seen one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think you would be dissapointed
Why? He's been pretty much a 25 goals in 50 games type of forward...

- 20 goals in 37 games for Barca
- 12 goals in 14 games for BVB (loan)
- 11 goals in 21 games for BVB
- 9 goals in 27 games for Villareal

Those are outstanding numbers, way better than all the joke goals that Cavani get. If Paco got to play with the same personnel that Edison did, he would be on Auba's level.

He's never been given a chance though...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Oh man.... a list of average strikers there if I’ve ever seen one.
Absolutely not. Have you watched the Premier League this season? All of them have great link up play and goalscoring numbers this season and deserve a chance at a big club. Calvert-Lewin especially has world class potential, and has developed a lot lately. There are absolutely players I want more ( like Lautaro, Haaland) but those are realistic summer options. Seriously, try to think of 4-5 better transfer targets.

Calvert-Lewin has 13 goals in 20 matches this season
Bamford 11 goals and 5 assists
Watkins 10 goals, 2 assists.
Maybe all of those players are scoring more than they should because of having great managers and playing in effective offensive systems, but they have been brilliant this season.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Absolutely not. Have you watched the Premier League this season? All of them have great link up play and goalscoring numbers this season and deserve a chance at a big club. Calvert-Lewin especially has world class potential, and has developed a lot lately. There are absolutely players I want more ( like Lautaro, Haaland) but those are realistic summer options. Seriously, try to think of 4-5 better transfer targets.

Calvert-Lewin has 13 goals in 20 matches this season
Bamford 11 goals and 5 assists
Watkins 10 goals, 2 assists.
Maybe all of those players are scoring more than they should because of having great managers and playing in effective offensive systems, but they have been brilliant this season.
You live in a world of absolutes and it’s insane. You are wrong though. They are all average PL strikers. Unless you think Ings is world class too.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You live in a world of absolutes and it’s insane. You are wrong though. They are all average PL strikers. Unless you think Ings is world class too.
None of them are world class but Calvert-Lewin has world class potential. Calvert-Lewin, Watkins and Bamford are brilliant players and would start for a lot of top clubs in Europe. Watkins and Calvert-Lewin are far away from their ceiling. Please, try and name 5 better striker transfer targets that you think can happen in the same age bracket, you can’t.

They are absolutely not average PL strikers, by no means. Calvert-Lewin is third in goals in the league, Bamford 6th, Watkins 8th ( and just like Bamford his overall game is what makes him so good). Watch them closely, instead of just going by reputation.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
None of them are world class but Calvert-Lewin has world class potential. Calvert-Lewin, Watkins and Bamford are brilliant players and would start for a lot of top clubs in Europe. Watkins and Calvert-Lewin are far away from their ceiling. Please, try and name 5 better striker transfer targets in the same age bracket, you can’t.
I don’t need to name 5 better striker transfer targets. I don’t care. I’m saying they’re average at best and all of them are products of the system and all of them will max out at good strikers for mid table clubs so maybe they’d fit great for Arsenal. :sarcasm:

Reactions: gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I don’t need to name 5 better striker transfer targets. I don’t care. I’m saying they’re average at best and all of them are products of the system and all of them will max out at good strikers for mid table clubs so maybe they’d fit great for Arsenal. :sarcasm:
All of them would start for CL level clubs all over the world already. They would score 25+ in lets say, the Bundesliga. Calvert-Lewin would potentially start for every team in the Premier League besides maybe Liverpool.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I agree but I think Calvert Lewin is more than average.
Though he doesn't have world class potential obviously.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
All of them would start for CL level clubs all over the world already. They would score 25+ in lets say, the Bundesliga. Calvert-Lewin would potentially start for every team in the Premier League besides maybe Liverpool.
None of them would start for any of the top 8 clubs when healthy. None of them would start for the big 4/5 in Germany. The big 3/4 in Spain. The big 3 in France. The big 4 in Italy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not a CL winning club. Bamford scoring 25+ in Germany based on what?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
None of them would start for any of the top 8 clubs when healthy. None of them would start for the big 4/5 in Germany. The big 3/4 in Spain. The big 3 in France. The big 4 in Italy.
What an absolute joke. Calvert-Lewin is for sure better than Werner, Antonio, Lacazette. Probably better than Vardy, Cavani, Jesus, and could start for Liverpool or Spurs if they changed system.

Absolutely better than Morata, Dzeko, Zapata, Oshimen. Could start over one of Lukaku/Lautaro at times.

Absolutely better than En Neysiri, Alcacer, Isak. Probably would start for Atletico as well.

Absolutely better than Plea/Thuram, Poulsen/Sörloth, Jovic, Weghorst. Could start alongside Haaland at Dortmund.

Absolutely better than bloody Kadewere and Jonathan David.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not a CL winning club. Bamford scoring 25+ in Germany based on what?
Based on Werner scoring more than 25 and being an inferior player in England so far, by a mile ( even though Bamford has had better coaching) Andre Silva and Weghorst are not very good players and will hit those numbers this year. And no, DCL is not CL winning quality, but absolutely good enough to start for a team that makes the quarters, and he is far away from his ceiling. He has amazing physique, dominates heading duels, is great on the ball with good technique, a great goalscorer with good playmaking. Watkins and Bamford are similar players with less physical dominance. There is nothing not to like. SjSharks is underrating them because they are having breakout seasons and have not been consistently playing at a high level before ( which is reasonable, but saying they are not top 6 quality is nonsense)

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Based on Werner scoring more than 25 and being an inferior player in England so far, by a mile ( even though Bamford has had better coaching) Andre Silva and Weghorst are not very good players and will hit those numbers this year. And no, DCL is not CL winning quality, but absolutely good enough to start for a team that makes the quarters, and he is far away from his ceiling. He has amazing physique, dominates heading duels, is great on the ball with good technique, a great goalscorer with good playmaking. Watkins and Bamford are similar players with less physical dominance. There is nothing not to like. SjSharks is underrating them because they are having breakout seasons and have not been consistently playing at a high level before ( which is reasonable).
Thats not how it works... like at all. Werner is 3 years younger and in a new environment. Bamford is 27 going on 28, this is more likely a career year and not a break out year. Vardy is an outlier. I think it's a safe bet Werner outscores Bamford next season.

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad