Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread part 9: Sky Sports Deadline Day boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
LOL. You have to give it to soccer/football, it has the best near-deadline day and deadline day content of any sport.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What is the cost?
That big money teams will spend big money?
You do realize they were doing it before. Just mainly EPL teams because they had the FFP for them.
Barca and Real too.

FFP is not a moral barrier. It's just a way for big teams to keep their financial advantage.
A salary cap would stop that egemony.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The basis for "revenue" and "salary" (et al.) for FFP is not arbitrary - it's a very basic measurement of the financial health of a club. That you've turned this into some patriotic waving of the Tricolore by whining about England is so deeply weird. If the goal is financial health for leagues and teams, then make your league more attractive and improve the health of each and every club, not just the ones with a nation-state owner.

The luxury tax method is a very specific nod to like three or four clubs in the world, don't obfuscate the issue and pretend it's for "everyone" because it isn't.

The scale of the Premier League operates very differently given broadcast revenue sure, but exactly how many clubs will be spending above the luxury tax limit based solely on their broadcast revenue? Likely zero (I don't know, maybe Villa and Everton are candidates with their owners).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How stupid it's incredible.
How do you make your league more attractive when you have less money to attract talent, less spots in the CL (and thus less exposure and less money), etc...
When 10 sugar daddies invest in your league and are free to spend THEIR money, they upgrade all of this and the league can improve. TV rights will follow.
It's really basic. Throwing patriotism here is Pejorative Slured.
It's not magic.

FFP had no other objective but prevent that.
But again EPL fans can't see that if they want to look elsewhere.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And the luxury tax allows anyone to invest anywhere.
EPL fans won't like it but I'm sure a Czech millionaire would love to invest in Czech Republic rather than England.
It's not for everyone indeed it's for every rich owner but ANYWHERE.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
And the luxury tax allows anyone to invest anywhere.
EPL fans won't like it but I'm sure a Czech millionaire would love to invest in Czech Republic rather than England.
It's not for everyone indeed it's for every rich owner but ANYWHERE.

My objection is mostly about WHO the sugar daddies are.

No one is defending the EPL or saying they should be the only one allowed to spend. They were allowed to spend more because they made more money. Same for Real and Barca.

Opening up the playing field would not be a bad thing if the sugar daddies were not mostly dictators buying a vanity toy. Your Czech rich person would not invest home even if they could because the ROI would be inexistant short and middle term and very uncertain long term.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My objection is mostly about WHO the sugar daddies are.

No one is defending the EPL or saying they should be the only one allowed to spend. They were allowed to spend more because they made more money. Same for Real and Barca.

Opening up the playing field would not be a bad thing if the sugar daddies were not mostly dictators buying a vanity toy. Your Czech rich person would not invest home even if they could because the ROI would be inexistant short and middle term and very uncertain long term.
You are mistaken if you think some millionaires wouldn't invest in their own country.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes, the thing that's preventing oil barons from investing in Slavia Prague (currently owned by a Chinese real estate group, btw) is the totally toothless FFP :laugh:

I mean, the gall of spitting in our collective face and calling it rain. Incredible. Literally, no one believes this lie that FFP 2.0 is anything other than a gift for sugar daddies like PSG to continue spending to their heart's content while continuing the charade of financial "fair play".

I don't know, how did England do it? Or is it some sort of "racism" here too? I'd love to hear how Troyes benefits from PSG being able to continue to spend to the heavens in perpetuity. What, the hope and a prayer that another nation-state decides to buy them? What a joke. How many of these owners that burn money for fun do you think there are? 600? Enough for the entirety of the European continent where FC Banik Ostrava has a billionaire owner too? This lunacy is unbelievable anyway, but it's so offensively obvious given how self-serving your whole shtick is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And the argument about oil baron buying Prague when I said local (and just an example of course) ... Lol
The 5 year old kid who says the same thing again and again even though he's been proven wrong a dozen times lol.

And Troyes benefits from better. TV rights, better UEFA coefficients, international exposure, etc... because of PSG.
It doesn't take a genius to see it.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If true, all hail Marina.

Mommy :oops:

I do wonder how Tuchel is going to keep all of Azpi, Chalobah, Rudi, Christensen, Thiago, and Kounde happy.

He has shown a strong willingness to rotate any players bar Mount if he feels he can get results. They now have guys who feel they can be starting backing up every single spot on the field.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You are mistaken if you think some millionaires wouldn't invest in their own country.

They would, but they would not spend like PSG or City because they would never make that money back.

Heck, American billionaires who invest in soccer still try to run it like a business because they have shareholders to answer too and cannot funnel money from their principal source of wealth like they want. Chinese investments, same thing. They see it as an investment and want a ROI.

The thing with the oil clubs is that they do not care about losing money. It is a toy and a PR vehicle. ROI is very secondary.

Huge difference and that is THOSE type of investors that the new rules help the most. A rich Czech could theoritically spend more than they make for a few years to grow the club, but they would need a ROI at some point. They would not be able to become big over night. Only oil barons can do that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Mommy :oops:

I do wonder how Tuchel is going to keep all of Azpi, Chalobah, Rudi, Christensen, Thiago, and Kounde happy.

He has shown a strong willingness to rotate any players bar Mount if he feels he can get results. They now have guys who feel they can be starting backing up every single spot on the field.
I imagine Azpi/Kounde/James will make up the RCB/RWB spots. James primarily being a RWB, and Azpi being the rarely used backup there. Thiago and Christensen will be the main CBs. Rudi will be the main LCB. Chalobah probably fills in where needed since he's pretty well-rounded in his skill set.

Lots of bodies to keep happy though, and yeah, everyone except maybe Chalobah will expect starterish minutes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I do not disagree, all I am saying is that this rule has been put in place because PSG did not join the SL and that it mostly favor investors like theirs.

If the other stuff happens, I'll gladly eat crow.
And I say it's fairer that FFP which only protects 22 teams.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:laugh:

You lean on the crutch so much (provided French national are not involved of course!), you and your comments have never been more irrelevant.
And you don't know how much I value your opinion about me.
As long as it prevents you from asking yourself the good questions, it's all good.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why stop there? Let's compare to Moldova, Luxembourg, and Andorra too. Then we can extend all the way to the South Pacific.
I'd say that's a very nice step forward you're doing here.
Admitting your own argument was crap.
Well done. Baby steps.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad