Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 8 - Things Are Getting Messi

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How much did Romero go for?

2 + 1 year. Makes sense. Suppose it will only be 2 then Argentina or Miami as always suspected.

I really wanted Lio in EPL tho I can see the appeal for him and his family (especially this) to go to Paris
Apparently 42.5M Pounds with a 6 year deal.

Probably 2 and then St. Louis is what I've heard

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bleh here is to hoping Hoppe finds a good club.

Norwich play good football so he should get plenty of chances to show his abilities. There's a chance they get relegated but if he plays well he can secure another move.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How much did Romero go for?

2 + 1 year. Makes sense. Suppose it will only be 2 then Argentina or Miami as always suspected.

I really wanted Lio in EPL tho I can see the appeal for him and his family (especially this) to go to Paris
Messi bouncing from country to country with his family seems weird tbh. I’ll enjoy him for now what ever will be will be.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aguero is supposedly mad. He was told to lower his wages so that Barca could resign Messi.

EDIT : his salary went from 23M/year to .... 6.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Aguero is supposedly mad. He was told to lower his wages so that Barca could resign Messi.

Yeah, it's reported on media here too. I guess they will agree to a mutual contract termination of sorts

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Collado no longer going to Bruges as he'll stay with Barça.

We'll see how the season goes, but I'd like to see Trincao get a shot if we don't have Messi.

Trincao has been loaned to Wolves, no?

Also Belgian press reported a couple of hours ago Brugge and Barça had reached an agreement on loan + buy option for Collado. Player will decide in the upcoming days.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Barcelona was built on La Masia earlier in the century. They need to return to that. Puyol, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Messi, Valdes, Pique all were around the same generation and then you add in people like Busquets, Alba, Pedro and that was how the team was built. You didn't need big signings because your stars were internal (even if Fabregas, Pique, Alba left).

Then they started signing players. Neymar was fine, but set the trend. Coutinho, Dembele, De Jong, Greizmann, Pjanic, etc. They bought into the arms race when they had been developing just fine.

Luckily they have some solid talent coming out of La Masia still (Fati, Moriba, Puig, Collado, Mingueza, Gavi) but they need to commit to it again and then buy sparingly. Of course, it looks like they're trying to get rid of Moriba (which is understandable) and maybe Collado as well as selling Trincao

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah they really need to go back to La masia which looks like the course they will take. Collado sadly isn’t good enough anyway. Trincao wasnt la masia.

Moriba is pricing himself out. The midfield will be Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi and maybe Puig. For a long time. You combine that with Fati, demiral and maybe other young signings. There is light at of the tunnel.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Trincao has been loaned to Wolves, no?

Also Belgian press reported a couple of hours ago Brugge and Barça had reached an agreement on loan + buy option for Collado. Player will decide in the upcoming days.

Yes, I meant next season depending on how things stand. He should have had more minutes this last season.

I read that the buy option was the issue and the deal is off.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I saw Messi would earn 40 million net with PSG.

Yeah they really need to go back to La masia which looks like the course they will take. Collado sadly isn’t good enough anyway. Trincao wasnt la masia.

Moriba is pricing himself out. The midfield will be Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi and maybe Puig. For a long time. You combine that with Fati, demiral and maybe other young signings. There is light at of the tunnel.

:huh: Dude, he's at Juve or was just sold. Demir you must mean. If not don't even reply.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

It is very douchy from Barcelona but also very stupid from Aguero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad