Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 6

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Ever since Paratici joined, Romano has been all over Spurs. Feels like Ali Gold is being left in the dust.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ever since Paratici joined, Romano has been all over Spurs. Feels like Ali Gold is being left in the dust.

Might be a point. Not unreasonable to assume that he has a relationship with Paratici I guess.

As for Gold I'm not sure if he was ever that updated on all kinds of transfer news? He always struck me as someone that would only share stuff whenever the club almost wanted him to share it - or felt it was harmless for him to do so?

Really hope selling Alderweireld means Romero comes in. Would be sad if this ends up being another Raziak or Frazier-Campbell summer.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

“Kounde spotted in London”

AD8E3F5F-F801-43C2-8F4C-DDF679F31B16.jpeg

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Do our Belgian posters know much about Aurelio Buta?

One of the top RB's in the Belgian League, and still pretty young. Antwerp got him on the cheap from Benfica and it's probably been one of their best buys in recent years. Benfica have actually been trying to buy him back for a while. Last season he usually played a bit higher up the pitch, and even as a wingback he was impressive at times. He's fast and strong, plays though, a real workhorse, but can be very inconsistent as well. I have a buddy who's a huge Antwerp fan and he says Buta is one of the few players he'd absolutely hate to lose.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Real are in deep shit. Ancelotti made Marcelo captain. This means they'll have Nacho, Militao and Marcelo all starting together on defense. :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Real are in deep shit. Ancelotti made Marcelo captain. This means they'll have Nacho, Militao and Marcelo all starting together on defense. :laugh:

Marcelo was already vice-captain. I'd be VERY surprised if he started over Mendy once he is fully fit. Well, Ancelotti is the same dumbass who played Pepe over Varane, so maybe I am not as confident :laugh:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nacho might play as the starting CB as a safety net for Militao. I see them as 3rd right now but its a free for all once the games start

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nacho is ok. Solid player. Madrid can do better though, that's like us playing Braithwaite. He's solid but Barça should be doing better than him

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Nacho is a perfect utility player for us. Can play CB, can play a side if needed (not ideal). Perfect for cup matches, meaningless CL games or the occasional spot start. He is steady, but not a "plus" player. Like he won't hurt you, but he likely won't make a difference. As a regular starter, he is not enough for a club like Madrid. In the role he has had for years? Yup, love him.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Great summer for United this time, but glass houses and all with the Liverpool spending. It's kinda funny making fun about Andy Carroll that was a decade ago. Or going on about Keita.

Especially with some of the highlights that were in the last 4-5 seasons for United.

(In US dollars because I don't feel like converting) 65 million for Fred! 24 for Dalot, 93 for Lukaku (got a lot of it back to be fair) 50 for Matic! Lindelof, Sanchez, Depay and Schneiderlin for around 38 (seems to be a magic number). Mkhitaryan for 45! Bailly and Herrera for 40ish. 66 for Martial. Heck, 20 each for Darmian and Rojo. Took a bath on Di Maria (paid something stupid like 82... and no telling in wages / agent fees).

We're talking almost 650-700 million dollars on just waste. There's also no telling what was paid for wages and money under the table.

Heck, that's even before getting to the money spent to bring Pogba back.

I'll take a Naby Keita mixed report (he's still a player who could come good), an Andy Carroll blunder a decade ago, and maybe an overpay for Chamberlain over what was basically money lit on fire. Liverpool could screw up 60-70 million in transfers each window, and still come out positive.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Marginal upgrade in a position we don’t need but he would be good, brilliant player to watch. Not sure if he’s a bigger talent than Martinelli though (probably not). He’s a big name and signing him would be showing ambition.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad