Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I work nights so I was sleeping all day. But congrats on being able to do what every other team in Europe was able to do as well, except they all didn't have to sell half their future income to do so.

It's their rights so if they want to sell them they're more than welcome. I just don't think the team is now close to being a champions league contender. I can see Lewandowski helping them challenge domestically as he should destroy the league but Real is still ahead. In Europe he has great pedigree as well but as a whole they are closer to a quarterfinals team and not a finals one. So I wouldn't have done the moves they did and mortgaged that much future. Let your young kids grow more and get your finances more in line and then sell the rights when the team is closer to complete.

So you questioned their ability to register players and this is you reply? As for the cheap shot, you should get the facts down first:

—Not every other club in Europe was able to do so as I noted just yesterday there were 53 players in Spain who weren’t registered. Atleti hadn’t registered Griezmann just days ago and agreed to terminate the contract of another player this week.
—Not every league has the FFP rules La Liga does (not even close really).
—Barca didn’t sell remotely half their future.

As for the rest of it, I’ll let that sit there, quoted for the record.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly just can’t wait for tomorrow the games begin and the drama is behind them. Focus on the field come may we see who laughs

Reactions: Savant

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So you questioned their ability to register players and this is you reply? As for the cheap shot, you should get the facts down first:

—Not every other club in Europe was able to do so as I noted just yesterday there were 53 players in Spain who weren’t registered. Atleti hadn’t registered Griezmann just days ago and agreed to terminate the contract of another player this week.
—Not every league has the FFP rules La Liga does (not even close really).
—Barca didn’t sell remotely half their future.

As for the rest of it, I’ll let that sit there, quoted for the record.

Not every team registers all their players because some don't want certain ones on the team. But outside of those reasons I'm pretty sure 90% of teams have registered the players they wanted to and in a timely manner. Seems like the 10% who aren't are in La Liga so it could be league issue more than Barcelona. I don't know if any of those other teams though were having to sell media rights to raise funds while also making transfers in.

Yes Lewandowski is a big add but I don't consider Raphinha, Christianson or Kessie needle movers. I just don't think they have become a favorite to win the league or champions league. So that's a lot of money spent and future revenue used to become runners up again and bow out before the semi's. I could be wrong but I see them on the level with Chelsea and Inter more than Madrid and Liverpool.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not every team registers all their players because some don't want certain ones on the team. But outside of those reasons I'm pretty sure 90% of teams have registered the players they wanted to and in a timely manner. Seems like the 10% who aren't are in La Liga so it could be league issue more than Barcelona. I don't know if any of those other teams though were having to sell media rights to raise funds while also making transfers in.

Yes Lewandowski is a big add but I don't consider Raphinha, Christianson or Kessie needle movers. I just don't think they have become a favorite to win the league or champions league. So that's a lot of money spent and future revenue used to become runners up again and bow out before the semi's. I could be wrong but I see them on the level with Chelsea and Inter more than Madrid and Liverpool.
Don’t worry you are wrong. Very wrong

Cheers to a good season!

I freaking hate mercato anyway
Cheers mate

Reactions: Savant

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

OK, so now teams who don’t register their players don’t do so only because they don’t want them in the team. And now we’re down from only Barcelona not registering their players to 90% of the clubs.

I‘ll leave the predictions to you.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
OK, so now teams who don’t register their players don’t do so only because they don’t want them in the team. And now we’re down from only Barcelona not registering their players to 90% of the clubs.

I‘ll leave the predictions to you.

Who's not registering players they want outside of La Liga clubs? I don't pay attention to every league but the only clubs I've heard having issues registering players are the ones in Spain. And I only heard about the other Spanish teams having an issue this week. So the 10% I was referring to was from mostly Spanish teams and the occasional club in administration. Unless more than 10% of clubs in Europe are in administration?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Sounds like Madrid will be confirming Iker Bravo sometime today.

Also RB is going to become a problem for us soon. Good thing we sold Hakimi because we didn’t want to guarantee him starting minutes over Carvajal!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese