Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Imagine signing Maguire over Konate.

Why would Konate leave a better team that'll play in the Champions League? He'll leave eventually and Leipzig can pay big salaries. There's no reason for him to leave unless its to a big team in the Champions League. This is the same thing as the Sancho to United links. Why would the player want that move and why would the club agree to it?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why would Konate leave a better team that'll play in the Champions League? He'll leave eventually and Leipzig can pay big salaries. There's no reason for him to leave unless its to a big team in the Champions League.
Same reason Pogba left Juventus for Utd or Mkhitaryan to Utd.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He didn't have any big injuries this season. He only missed six games. I think what @Cassano said is correct. He needs a new challenge. I think a lot of those German players at Bayern aren't properly motivated. They win the league every year, and already won the World Cup and Champions League. They should leave Bayern, and try for a new challenge. There are so many of them between Boateng, Neuer, Mueller, Alaba, Lewandowski, Hummels that could use a new challenge.

I’m mean the guys 30. Sure he still might be a good player but for only a couple more years. Again United needs to be building for the long term not for next year only. Get rid of the deadweight and look for long term options.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why would Konate leave a better team that'll play in the Champions League? He'll leave eventually and Leipzig can pay big salaries. There's no reason for him to leave unless its to a big team in the Champions League. This is the same thing as the Sancho to United links. Why would the player want that move and why would the club agree to it?

RBL will sell players if they want to leave. It's common sense and they will never be able to hold off a club like United if they wanted one of their players.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
RBL will sell players if they want to leave. It's common sense and they will never be able to hold off a club like United if they wanted one of their players.

I asked why Konate would want to leave. It doesn't make sense for the player. They can absolutely hold off United. The club is bankrolled by Red Bull. The player is going to leave eventually because Leipzig is not yet one of the biggest teams in the world, but this idea that United can on command raid a better team that doesn't need the money and plays in the Champions League next season is not going to happen. The days of that for United are over. They are in Arsenal territory.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I asked why Konate would want to leave. It doesn't make sense for the player.

That part doesn't always have to make sense. Players will take the chance to get to where they want to go as soon as they can get there.

The days of that for United are over. They are in Arsenal territory.

Do you mean the Arsenal that raided Dortmund for Auba? These players do not grow up thinking it is their dream to play in Leipzig and transfers are a tricky thing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you mean the Arsenal that raided Dortmund for Auba? These players do not grow up thinking it is their dream to play in Leipzig and transfers are a tricky thing.

That was a season and a half ago, and Aubameyang wanted his final pay day that he wasn't going to get at Dortmund. He also took a Dembele approach to forcing his way out. He was nearly sold to China the summer before he moved to Arsenal. His transfer was about him getting paid. He forced his way out. Most players will not do that, and I don't think Konate is trying to force his way anywhere for a final payday.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

That also depends on whether their ultimate goal is to win at any expense - as many clubs taken over by wealthy private outside owners - or whether they want to make money off football in the way Dortmund are. Let's not pretend that second tier clubs can't take extensive measures to isolate and pressure players who want to leave. Liverpool fans should be familiar with this from the Suarez saga.

I highly doubt Konate leaves this summer.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That also depends on whether their ultimate goal is to win at any expense - as many clubs taken over by wealthy private outside owners - or whether they want to make money off football in the way Dortmund are. Let's not pretend that second tier clubs can't take extensive measures to isolate and pressure players who want to leave. Liverpool fans should be familiar with this from the Suarez saga.

I highly doubt Konate leaves this summer.

I also highly doubt it, but largely that’s because no team really seemed to have that level of interest in him yet. That’s what I was trying to get at in the first place.

But I think players go to Leipzig as a means to an end, so if a team was extremely interested, he would do his best to leave.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That was a season and a half ago, and Aubameyang wanted his final pay day that he wasn't going to get at Dortmund. He also took a Dembele approach to forcing his way out. He was nearly sold to China the summer before he moved to Arsenal. His transfer was about him getting paid. He forced his way out. Most players will not do that, and I don't think Konate is trying to force his way anywhere for a final payday.

He also had two and a half years left on his deal, rather than 4 like Konate currently has.

I also highly doubt it, but largely that’s because no team really seemed to have that level of interest in him yet. That’s what I was trying to get at in the first place.

But I think players go to Leipzig as a means to an end, so if a team was extremely interested, he would do his best to leave.

If he started asking to get out now, he'd probably be sold next summer. Similar to Keita.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That will be the motivation for every player in the world. Utd is a club that can offer that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That will be the motivation for every player in the world. Utd is a club that can offer that.

That was the main motivation, otherwise he wouldn’t have almost been sold to China. The motivation is different for a player who only started their career a few seasons ago.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They're still one of the 4 highest earning clubs in the world and are unlikely to lose that title any time soon and they're the highest earning English club and also unlikely to lose that title anytime soon.

In addition to being able to pay any transfer fees and wages players may demand, that also brings with it a ton of sponsorship and visibility benefits to players.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There are plenty of Clubs that can offer that. Clubs that actually can compete. Something United cant for good next few years.
Very very few teams can offer what United can. Yes they had a down year but they are historically one of the best clubs in the world. Many players grew up on United/Barca/RM. Barca/RM can offer money for sure but not a guaranteed starting spot. United have a clear path to the 11 and can offer the same money.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Very very few teams can offer what United can. Yes they had a down year but they are historically one of the best clubs in the world. Many players grew up on United/Barca/RM. Barca/RM can offer money for sure but not a guaranteed starting spot. United have a clear path to the 11 and can offer the same money.
Without no CL football or success for the forseeable future.

Sure If someones absolute dream is to play for ManU go for it. But getting people to commit on money alone is definitely not going to dig them out of the hole they are in.
Getting players who want to be there just because of the wages is a very bad strategy. Sanchez, Pogba in ManU, Neymar in PSG are a testament to this.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Without no CL football or success for the forseeable future.

Sure If someones absolute dream is to play for ManU go for it. But getting people to commit on money alone is definitely not going to dig them out of the hole they are in.
Getting players who want to be there just because of the wages is a very bad strategy. Sanchez, Pogba in ManU, Neymar in PSG are a testament to this.
Pogba and Neymar aren’t examples. Neither is Sanchez. Shit you picked three awful examples. Pogba and Neymar are world class players who get shit on cause of the color of their skin. Alexis was just an awful signing that everyone could see at the time. Also love that you’re saying a team with no success for the foreseeable future. It’s not like Chelsea/Arsenal are much better and Spurs have no depth and could lose a lot this summer.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Pogba and Neymar aren’t examples. Neither is Sanchez. **** you picked three awful examples. Pogba and Neymar are world class players who get **** on cause of the color of their skin. Alexis was just an awful signing that everyone could see at the time. Also love that you’re saying a team with no success for the foreseeable future. It’s not like Chelsea/Arsenal are much better and Spurs have no depth and could lose a lot this summer.

Wow! Pogba gets shit on cause he could care less when playing. Neymar gets shit on cause his a spoiled brat who just 2 days ago was dining with his sister in Brasil while his team was playing their last game of the season. Colour of their skin has nothing to do with it.

Yeah Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs are not much better per say, but they atleast (dont know about Chelsea) have a clear direction are well run and on upswing All of them are in european Final also. ManU appointed Ole Gunnar FFS. If every one saw Sanchez as a shit signing then thats pretty damning for United isnt it? Mostcof their signigns have Been shit. Lukaku,Fellaini,Fred.....Club is still run by that accountant banker and probably about to hire a "sporting director" on the same vein as Ole. Ie a united guy who doesnt have the required quality to do his Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad