Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've never watched him at Lyon, probably Evilo's great impression of him comes from there. But I've been watching him quite a lot these last couple of years at Real, and not even once I've found myself saying "what a great cross for Ferland (only 4 assists in 70+ matches at Real), what a great tackle and absolutely never what a great game". Lucas on the other hand is a beast defensively, and decent offensively. Only thing Ferland does better than Lucas is dribble.
Erh, sorry, you said you watch him?
You ccan't even realize he starts over Marcelo so your credibility towards watching him is rather laughable.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I often think he's good defensively and he makes some great tackles but I agree with most of what you are saying. I rarely think he does anything impressive with the ball, and he looks stiff and awkward in the final third. Not good technically. Mendy shouldn't make the France squad and as I implied I am not sure he is a top 10 LB. Don't understand the hype from Evilo.
Nope we got that.
So much wrong in this post lol.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lucas Hernandez started 72 games in his career at LB. He's made an average of 2.7 successful tackles per game, without having the chance to pad his stats for a couple of years in the weaker French league, like Ferland did. Mendy's number is a bit over half of that, 1.5 tackles won per match. No contest.
Oh so that's the benchmark?
LOL.
Ranking a LB vs a CB on tackles per game is a great way to evaluate FB.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I said start consistently over Marcelo, do you need the definition of consistently? I'm only comparing statistics for them in matches they both started at LB. Try and keep up

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I said start consistently over Marcelo, do you need the definition of consistently? I'm only comparing statistics for them in matches they both started at LB. Try and keep up
You're not keeping up.
He's starting 2/3rds of the 19-20 season and again in the 20-21 season. That's called consistently, especially when you consider injuries and suspensions.
And no, you didn't because you used 73 games at LB on something like whoscored I guess, but those are not accurate. Lucas rarely start at LB. He does play LCB more often, which is vastly different.

But again, your credibility towards Mendy left the moment you wrote something completely false and that was in your very first argument.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Anyway, I said what I had to say, Scandale du Jour will feel free to comment as a die hard Real fan. Same for Powerman

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Maybe you should ask Real fans that do watch their team to comment on him?
@Scandale du Jour

I love Florent Mendy.

Quick, steady defensively, good crosses.

He is not as creative as a Marcelo, but he is much better defensively.

I would call him a "best-of-both-worlds" kind of fullback. Won't hurt you defensively and will help you offensively. He is not elite offensively though. Pretty good, more than enough, but he is not a prime Marcelo.

You say he can play RB, we rarely do it. Even when all of of RBs were hurt, Zidane stuck with him at LB and used other guys at RB.

If healthy, he would have started for France... or SHOULD HAVE!

Love him, glad we have him, would not sell him unless we could get a guy like Davies... and I say that mostly because... I AM CANADIAN ;)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Aren't Griezmann's wages insane? If he won't take a paycut, or Barca doesn't pay a portion, I'd never be interested in him. I'd even pass on a loan deal if I'd have to take 100% of wages.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're not keeping up.
He's starting 2/3rds of the 19-20 season and again in the 20-21 season. That's called consistently, especially when you consider injuries and suspensions.
And no, you didn't because you used 73 games at LB on something like whoscored I guess, but those are not accurate. Lucas rarely start at LB. He does play LCB more often, which is vastly different.

But again, your credibility towards Mendy left the moment you wrote something completely false and that was in your very first argument.

I'm not going to debate Mendy's ability, but technically 2/3s of the matches isn't consistently by definition as he stated. Better to say he started the majority of matches. Now exactly why that was the case, why he didn't start more consistently, might be something to look into. Was he injured or was it down more to selection?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton looking to pick up Nat Phillips to replace Ben White.

Back 3 would become Webster-Dunk-Phillips.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool is having a very weird summer.

Also buried in the Henderson article is that LFC probably doesn’t want to do anything major until 2022 until the market has had more of a chance to reset. Which isn’t surprising, but is….not the strategy that I would go with.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
:laugh:
He started 26 liga games this year (Marcelo 16) and 25 the year before (Marcelo 15).
Also started most CL games two years ago and all of them or so this year.

Get your facts straight. Since he came in to Real two years ago, Mendy is starting over Marcelo.

LOL.

Just because you have a bad memory doesn't mean you can use it as an "argument".
FWIW, I'm looking at transfermarkt and it has Mendy as starting 24 games, including 2 games at LCB where Marcelo also started (at what is described as LM, but I imagine is LWB). That said, Marcelo only started 12. It looks like Mendy and Marcelo traded time at the start of the season, Mendy was the locked in started for December and January, Marcelo got some time and then got hurt. When he got back they both would play and then Mendy got hurt.

Mendy was definitely the starter but not far and away.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Pleased with this. Seems like he has potential if he develops consistency and not for too crazy of a price.
I'm not going to debate Mendy's ability, but technically 2/3s of the matches isn't consistently by definition as he stated. Better to say he started the majority of matches. Now exactly why that was the case, why he didn't start more consistently, might be something to look into. Was he injured or was it down more to selection?
Mostly injured; of the games he was healthy for, he started 24/30 (80%) and came on in two additional ones. Marcelo, on the other hand, started 12/33 he was healthy for (although some of those are in between injuries, so he may have been healthy enough to be on the bench and sub if needed, but not healthy enough to actually start). He came on in 4 more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad