Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 10: Sky Sports Deadline Day show and lack of dildos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Don't they need Kane to even do that much? Top 4 seems totally out of reach for them without things going disastruously wrong for one of those clubs, and Leicester are probably favorites for 5th. No?

I firmly believe that them and Leicester are competing for 5th. You never know what happens though.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Not sure what that means. 3 points against City means nothing because they lost in Portugal with player like John and Scarlett?

I don't think Spurs will end up top 4 myself, but it is clearly possible. The same way as it isn't a given that City would have won anything even with Kane.

If Kane scores 30 again then Spurs won't be many points behind whoever ends up 4th.

Exactly.

I wouldn't bet that Spurs will be top 4 either BUT it's ridiculous for anyone to completely write off that possibility at this point.

Last year was a disaster and they were just 6 points out of 4th. (Or even 5 points since they had goal differential over Chelsea already). That's a 2-3 match swing in a 38 match season. Hell, turn the 1-0 loss to Chelsea into a 1-0 Spurs win and one Leicester win into a draw or loss and Spurs would have been in 4th -- in an absolute shit show of a season.

If I were a betting on it, I think they're most likely to be 5th or 6th this season, but reaching 4th isn't a ridiculous proposition.

Reactions: Havre

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
But right now, it's the biggest win in the PL for any club this year.
I'm curious as to what you consider a big win? Is it a small club being a bigger one, or something different? It's match week 2 and the result likely won't have a major impact on the season, not that big outside of the Spurs fan base.

Last year Brighton beat Spurs, Liverpool (Away), and City. Really big wins, massive really, as they helped Brighton secure safety. In the grand scheme of things though, they are probably only big wins for Brighton fans.

Reactions: cgf

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think his technical game would be fine enough, it's definitely a part of his play that has gotten better over time. Esepically since Potter came to town.

Sanchez is a gem, I don't think he will be on the move for a couple summers.
Arsenal badly need a keeper that can command the box, claim crosses and play with his feet. Hopefully Ramsdale will be that guy but I am not sure. Sanchez could that type of player, similar to someone like Allison or Mendy in the future (and those two win their teams at least 10 extra points a season). It's a hot take but Sanchez is already a top 6 level keeper for me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
McTominay's "knock" turned out to be a groin injury that required surgery (done already). So maybe United will try to get a midfielder...?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They need someone with PL experience. Take Sissoko :laugh:

Feel a bit bad writing that as I have nothing but respect for Sissoko - I guess it would be a step up for him so I shouldn't feel bad anyway....

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
McTominay's "knock" turned out to be a groin injury that required surgery (done already). So maybe United will try to get a midfielder...?
I really hope this doesn't make United push more for Bissouma....

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I firmly believe that them and Leicester are competing for 5th. You never know what happens though.

That's fair. Once I thought about it some more I realized that I wasn't overwhelmed by any of that Leicester, Tottenham, Everton, etc., tier of teams that are likely to battle it out to be the one that profits if any of the top 4 shits the bed.

So if the downside to Kane sitting was ending up in the same tier, admittedly in a lower part of it, that would undermine Kane's leverage a bit. Though I'm sure his camp would argue the inverse and say that Harry was the key to spurs having a chance to win that battle & be the team that profits if one of the top 4 slips, which also has some validity.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
That's fair. Once I thought about it some more I realized that I wasn't overwhelmed by any of that Leicester, Tottenham, Everton, etc., tier of teams that are likely to battle it out to be the one that profits if any of the top 4 shits the bed.

So if the downside to Kane sitting was ending up in the same tier, admittedly in a lower part of it, that would undermine Kane's leverage a bit. Though I'm sure his camp would argue the inverse and say that Harry was the key to spurs having a chance to win that battle & be the team that profits if one of the top 4 slips, which also has some validity.

I just don't see a situation where Kane would've stay, but wouldn't be involved.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Knowing absolutely nothing about him, I would like Arsenal to take a 3M punt on him.

Buy him & then loan him to gladbach for a couple of years before eventually selling him to Eberl on the cheap, because Arteta? Sounds like a win-win to me. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just don't see a situation where Kane would've stay, but wouldn't be involved.

I'm just trying to play through whether he might not have had the leverage to force a move if he had been adamant about refusing to play for Spurs anymore, like one would assume a player of his stature could have if he really wanted to make the move happen & didn't care about losing face. As that was the question I was initially responding to.

Not suggesting likelihoods to any scenario.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He's not been linked to us at all really. The only midfielders we've been rumored on are Saul, Neves, and Camavinga.

The rumour mill has been linking him and I think at one point (this was months ago) it was reported that Bissouma was being tracked by United. Not that tracking means much but there is some fuel to the rumours.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The rumour mill has been linking him and I think at one point (this was months ago) it was reported that Bissouma was being tracked by United. Not that tracking means much but there is some fuel to the rumours.
Is it by anyone legit? I haven't seen any links really.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A lot of the news around Saul has him to Chelsea, but the negotiation is over an option to buy vs an obligation to buy.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
A lot of the news around Saul has him to Chelsea, but the negotiation is over an option to buy vs an obligation to buy.
If the obligation is 20MM, sure; but, I don’t think we are in a place to do an obligation here

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah I read that Ocampos might be sold.

I have no clue what is Sevilla doing here
No idea why Liverpool would bother buying him. He wouldn’t get near the 11 and Salah, Mane, Jota, Firmino and Elliot are all better front 3 options. Not really a Klopp style player either.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If the obligation is 20MM, sure; but, I don’t think we are in a place to do an obligation here
Marina will get her option and it'll be for 30 or less. I see Saul as a stop gap to eventually get our top target Rice, whenever that deal becomes realistic. Do what some other clubs have done with our players, and just loan in some depth till that day comes. And if Saul works, and is an upgrade over one of our other 3, then sign him and move someone else.

Reactions: Peen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad