Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 10: Sky Sports Deadline Day show and lack of dildos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
City apparently offered Ronaldo half of what he earns at Juve, and want him on a free. Ehhhhhh
They are try to pull a Juve on Juve.

100% agree. I think Juve would be smart to do it. But I’m just saying it would be a massive upgrade to City.

Even though it will inevitably crush the 14 year old me seeing CR7 in a City jersey.

I think that puts them the Cl favorites.

I loved those ManU days. I never missed a game. I had more Pl channels than Serie A channels at that time. I could never miss a ManU or Liverpool game.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How is United going to handle Ronaldo going to City?

Oh I hope he scores in the derby, bring me all the carnage!
It’d be tough. But I think his time post United definitely showed he loved SAF far more than he loved the club. Which is fine, but it’ll still suck to see him in blue.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would love for him to go there and complain about other people shooting.

I would also love for certain United fans to have their expectations of loyalty blown out of the water. Ronaldo doesn't care about you.
Let’s also not forget about those weird Barca fan boys on the City side

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's also very much in doubt that a team can still win a title by passing Ronaldo the ball every time they get a chance. It's not in doubt at all that if he gets mad about it, it will cause problems. He is also not going to "adapt" or "accept" not being the main man. Signing him could leave them with no ideal #9 option at all. I may have to eat my words in the end, but I like this move and I really hope it goes through. Especially if he demands to take all their free kicks because of course he will.

Reactions: Fro

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think it idiotic for them to do it other than pr he offers next to nothing other than scoring under extreme circumstances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thomas Delaney to Sevilla was announced today. 6M+add-ons.

Halstenberg to Dortmund may now be off, but it looks like we still want to make a signing or two.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't doubt that for a second - that there was a convenient "misunderstanding" from Kane's point of view - which in reality was him refusing to train - just to see what kind of reaction he would get.

What I don't get, and that might be part of the article (I don't have access to it), is how he thought that was going to work with Levy. Pure speculation from my side, but maybe something he and his brother was planning by themselves? And that they might not be the most experienced and best at these kinds of things? Even if they have managed to keep the appearance of never really letting Spurs down so... I guess they should get some credit for that even if it was never going to work (so one can wonder what the upside ever was).

I will enjoy this season with Kane and not worry much about next summer. With a double mutated Delta coming this winter I don't think I will be around for many more transfer windows anyway.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Players included too supposedly.

players who were unaware they were offered and would have to agree (they wouldn't) and Spurs would have to agree to take them (they wouldn't) and their wages added up to over 40 million a year.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
How is United going to handle Ronaldo going to City?

Oh I hope he scores in the derby, bring me all the carnage!

meh they’ll be some fans mad obviously but everyone knows his game by now. He’s rumored to come back to United every single summer bc he’s trying to squeeze something out of someone. He’s a mercenary. Not the first, not the last.

Reactions: robertmac43

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Players included too supposedly.

Assuming the article is correct, there was first the discussion/offer idea of cash+players and Levy basically ignored it. Then City offered 100m (75+25 add ons) cash and Levy rejected it by basically ignoring it as well. City would have been willing to go to 120m cash (100+20) but didn’t make a formal offer for various reasons, among them that Levy was basically ignoring them/not negotiating so they had zero reason to believe making the offer was anything but a waste of time.

Kane absolutely could have forced his way out if he really wanted. Spurs simply aren’t in a place to have Kane sit out and think they can compete for anything more than a 6-7th place finish and if he sat out longer term his value would undoubtedly go down. But Kane wants to still be looked at as a local hero and Levy knows this so Levy ends up holding all the leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00