Proposal: Summer Deal Lucic for Eberle??

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
This is my guess. Lots of life changes with a newborn by itself, but if there were any health issues with the baby or wife (remember he left the team briefly for personal reasons), than that could easily make him loose focus.

hell yes it can. I have been there with wife and kids health issues and I can tell you first had you can't even think at all. If that is the case the guy gets 100% a free pass from me.

I hope thats not the case becasuse it sucks the life out of you.

Funny though that people are *****ing about how bad he is yet there is another team saying we need a Lucic type player. IF he is so bad wouldn't they say the need a different play and not single out this crappy player?

Afam*

Lets be real Lucic is overrated. If the dude is not hitting he is pretty much useless out there. IMHO, I believe they is nothing wrong with him injury wise. Some people need too stop finding ever excuse to give him a pass. Lucic was pretty much healthy last season And he proceeded to score 0 goals in the playoffs.

The biggest problem with Lucic is that
(1) He thinks he is An Elie goal scorer. He is not. He had one 30 goal goal season and he let that get to his head.

(2) Lucic is a grinder who plays good defense. He belongs in the third line not the first line. Lucic is just not a first line type of player.

Lastly He just needs to to back to the Lucic that we all love. Play physical in your face, hard hitting drop your gloves Lucic. If he does, everything will be all fine.

TSC*

Problem is this, Looch is still hitting, but that hitting isn`t with any oomph and authority. Can`t convince me he`s one of those "I have my money" guys, many I will say they are, not with Looch though.

You couldn't be more wrong.

3.85 Hits Per Game in Jan
4.66 in Feb
2.41 in March
1.5 in April

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I don't know. I still think Lucic has untouchable status. He is such a unique player and I keep thinking "this is the game that he breaks out." Then again, I'd last 45 minutes as a gm.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is my guess. Lots of life changes with a newborn by itself, but if there were any health issues with the baby or wife (remember he left the team briefly for personal reasons), than that could easily make him loose focus.

But he gets paid 6 mill, not allowed to focus on what`s truly important such as family:sarcasm:

He`s injured, I`ll wager my paycheque on it (big time rich I am too;))

You don`t go from being a player more than willing to engage to one who is clearly favouring, IMO, a shoulder, and I suspect his sinuses are yet again suffering as I think he has a broken beak but who can tell:)

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009

If there were actual serious familial problems you would have heard about it by now by a
beat writer such as Fluto. I don't buy the illness excuse.

If he is hurt to the extent its causing this level of sucktitude HE SHOULDN'T PLAY. Doubt Julian
would use him if that's the case.

Incidentally he took a monster hit frlm Emelin and didn't appear fazed one bit.

I'm actually giving some thought to Stumpie post last night. He and Horton have been awful this year
kind of ties to Stumpie 's theory.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You couldn't be more wrong.

3.85 Hits Per Game in Jan
4.66 in Feb
2.41 in March
1.5 in April

Call me wrong, and thanks for the stats(I`m too lazy to look that stuff up), just has me more convinced something is wrong which has been pretty clear now for weeks

Watch him next game, he`s favoring one side over the other, I`ll let ya judge for yourself which side that is, pretty clear to me but..

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I love Looch but I'm starting to wonder more and more if he can keep up his entire career. If that trade comes up and the Oilers are interested I think I'd make it

TSC*

It's more than a few weeks -

Look at this stats since the ASB last season:

This season:
41GP 6G 18A 3 Fighting Majors

2011/12 Playoffs:
7GP 0G 3A

2011/12 Post All Star Break
35GP 9G 15A 3 Fighting Majors.

That's a full season worth of stats - 83GP 15G 36A 6 Fighting Majors (FWIW - 1 of those goals is an ENG).

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Call me wrong, and thanks for the stats(I`m too lazy to look that stuff up), just has me more convinced something is wrong which has been pretty clear now for weeks

Watch him next game, he`s favoring one side over the other, I`ll let ya judge for yourself which side that is, pretty clear to me but..

He took the Emelin hit on that side. You are giving him a pass he doesn't deserve.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He took the Emelin hit on that side. You are giving him a pass he doesn't deserve.

if u insist, u do of course understand that in that occasion, he had no choice which side to lead with don`t u??? I`m done here, if some wish to insist he`s just a 6 million dollar slacker, then I don`t know what to say, enjoy the nonsense

reidy

@reidjjackson
But he gets paid 6 mill, not allowed to focus on what`s truly important such as family:sarcasm:

You don`t go from being a player more than willing to engage to one who is clearly favouring, IMO, a shoulder, and I suspect his sinuses are yet again suffering as I think he has a broken beak but who can tell:)
This would be, what, the 3rd year in a row we're going to play the "injury" excuse for Lucic's lackluster performance (last two playoffs, the last 2 months)? At some point we need to re-analyze, no?

My issue with Lucic is I just don't see the snarl anymore. He used to be mean, and that translated to his game. Now I see a guy who skates away from scrums, doesn't like to throw his body around much, and wants to play a perimeter game. This would be fine if he was producing, but he's not. He needs to go back to the basics, get angry, and reclaim himself.

I'm not overly worried, but to say there's no cause for concern after watching him play hockey the last couple months is foolish IMO.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
With ya, not making excuses Scotto, but I`m not convinced at all he isn`t playing with an injury that is hampering his ability to either fight or hit with authority.

Wouldn`t at all be shocked if it`s a shoulder thing and I also wouldn`t doubt he is having sinus issues again. I can`t recall who the B`s were playing but Looch had the puck in his end, and an opponent made a play where he looked to almost side swipe Looch and it caught him right on the beak.

Problem is this, Looch is still hitting, but that hitting isn`t with any oomph and authority. Can`t convince me he`s one of those "I have my money" guys, many I will say they are, not with Looch though.

His play last night showed me something is wrong, playing the 4th with energy guys and having no energy to his game.

Eberle is a nice player, this team cannot afford to lose forward toughness.

He also took a flying elbow from Subban right on the nose just a few games before the incident you describe.

I'm with many of you -- as frustrating as Lucic is right now, I truly don't believe he's the guy who gets a big contract and then floats. He's a competitor and always has been.

Something is up -- whether it be mental, physical, or both. What that might be and what the solution might be is way beyond my pay scale though.:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This would be, what, the 3rd year in a row we're going to play the "injury" excuse for Lucic's lackluster performance (last two playoffs, the last 2 months)? At some point we need to re-analyze, no?

My issue with Lucic is I just don't see the snarl anymore. He used to be mean, and that translated to his game. Now I see a guy who skates away from scrums, doesn't like to throw his body around much, and wants to play a perimeter game. This would be fine if he was producing, but he's not. He needs to go back to the basics, get angry, and reclaim himself.

I'm not overly worried, but to say there's no cause for concern after watching him play hockey the last couple months is foolish IMO.

Your right, most guys bring it with authority with a high ankle sprain.........now I`m out, no wonder so many are leaving these boards

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
There has one or more of the following problems.

1. Big time personal problems
2. An injury
3. Out of Shape
4. Satisifed as an athlete.

I'm thinking he has 1 and 3 right now. He will be fine next year.

Dead on assessment I think. Those of us with kids know how tough that first year/first baby can be (think it's irrelevant that he has money). Especially if there are any health issues. Both my kids needed ear tubes (not even the biggest deal in the world) but I was a basketcase during the first go-around with it. And the lack of sleep, etc.
You can see he's trying out there, and there are flashes. I just don't think he has the reserves right now to play his full style.

I agree he'll bounce back next year. Hoping he finds another gear in the playoffs too.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If there were actual serious familial problems you would have heard about it by now by a
beat writer such as Fluto. I don't buy the illness excuse.

If he is hurt to the extent its causing this level of sucktitude HE SHOULDN'T PLAY. Doubt Julian
would use him if that's the case.

Incidentally he took a monster hit frlm Emelin and didn't appear fazed one bit.

I'm actually giving some thought to Stumpie post last night. He and Horton have been awful this year
kind of ties to Stumpie 's theory.

Why would you have heard about it? He doesn't owe the public anything if he wants to keep something private. We never heard what his reasons for leaving the team earlier were, did we?

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
Don`t hold your breath about him all of a sudden bringing "it" come playoff time.

There was no issues with Looch`s regular season last year, but like EVERY Bruin, he underwhelmed in the playoffs. I thought he looked real solid early in the year, something has happened, and he`s playing through it and lose the "he gets 6 mill arguement", yes he`s paid to perform, but he`s also a human being playing at an elite level and if he isn`t 100% physically (which I have little doubt about) he can`t play at that level.

Sorry, Julien doesn`t just put Looch on the 4th line for no reason, that move is/was all about insulating IMO

Wonder how long it would take for the "fans" here to scream at Chia if Looch were elsewhere?? I`ll wager about 1 pre season game

I thought last years 6 mill contract was awful. They never should have signed him to that.

Stop with the he has things he's playing through argument. If we had had a track record of the past 12 months we would be looking for employment elsewhere.

If he's injured this season he has the same chance of being injured next season. Let him be someone else's injured goods.

Screw the pink hat fan. Make the best team you can. You know that moving him opens a wide range of options likely for the better.

His regular season last year was not perfect though better than this garbage. His playoffs were awful. His season this year has just been bad.

I've wanted seguin Bergeron and Marchand to play the first line. There is more talent and potential there. Horton at this point is 3rd line along with Lucic.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I love Looch but I'm starting to wonder more and more if he can keep up his entire career. If that trade comes up and the Oilers are interested I think I'd make it

That kind of physical play is tough on a player over the long haul, no doubt. But I'm reminded of Ovechkin (not saying he and Lucic are even remotely same player skillwise).

Everyone said Ovechkin couldn't hold up the pace of the physical game he plays -- would break down. Earlier this season everyone was saying he was washed up. Now look at him -- not a more dominant player in the NHL right now.

Lucic is a big body and is not necessarily subject to the kinds of injuries that you'd expect from a banger. I think his biggest issues to date have been sinus/nose (remember when he got it crushed into boards a few years back?) and a high ankle sprain.

Something is up right now, no doubt. However, I do not think he's breaking down or even close to breaking down physically.

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011

Family is no 1. Absolutely.

But if you are a xyz in town and your whole quality of work changes after having one you are "moved".

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
if u insist, u do of course understand that in that occasion, he had no choice which side to lead with don`t u??? I`m done here, if some wish to insist he`s just a 6 million dollar slacker, then I don`t know what to say, enjoy the nonsense

Didn't you know the only reason players go into slumps is due to lack of effort. come on get with the program everything else is just an excuse.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I thought last years 6 mill contract was awful. They never should have signed him to that.

Stop with the he has things he's playing through argument. If we had had a track record of the past 12 months we would be looking for employment elsewhere.

If he's injured this season he has the same chance of being injured next season. Let him be someone else's injured goods.

Screw the pink hat fan. Make the best team you can. You know that moving him opens a wide range of options likely for the better.

His regular season last year was not perfect though better than this garbage. His playoffs were awful. His season this year has just been bad.

I've wanted seguin Bergeron and Marchand to play the first line. There is more talent and potential there. Horton at this point is 3rd line along with Lucic.

Me and my 30+ years of being a Bruin fan is now considered "pink hat"??? Hmm, interesting

There`s about a half dozen teams or more who`d happily pay Looch 6 mill, gotta go, being fitted for a new hat

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This is true. Honestly not sure what's going on with him this year, doesn't seem at all willing to engage, is even actively looking to avoid doing so (which makes me think injury). That said, it's hard to ignore the larger sample size, and it's hard to say because of these last 30 games that this is who Milan Lucic now is. That seems incredibly short sighted.

Were I a betting man, whatever the issue may now be I would think it was a temporary thing. Until this season he's easily been the most intimidating top 6 forward in the league. I wouldn't deal that Milan Lucic for Jordan Eberle, Lucic brings too much more to the table.

This position is certainly defensible and very possibly wise. That said, doesn't it at least give you concern that this is not the first time we've seen him go through such a "patch"?

I subscribe to the notion that this guy brings a unique package. I want to find reasons to support him. But I've reached a point now where I don't want to hear any more excuses. This team needs what he brings and he's not bringing it. Professionals need to be accountable for their work, plain and simple. How much more often do we have to find excuses and fall back on his unique skillset to defend his play?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00