Speculation: Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yes. I believe if anyone is in the NHL, their cap hit goes against the teams cap, and if they aren't in the NHL, it doesn't.

So if Jenner makes the team there goes a mill (slightly under) against the cap. Making it more unlikely that Vinny gets re-signed.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So if Jenner makes the team there goes a mill (slightly under) against the cap. Making it more unlikely that Vinny gets re-signed.

Still have to sign Horton, I haven't read anything saying its a lock he's signing here.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
CanadiensTalk ‏@HabsTalk11 19h

I'd be expecting tomorrow for Nathan Horton to become a Columbus #Bluejackets FWD. CBJ has huge interest & he does aswell.

Claims to be a Habs source, and was asked about Horton becoming a Hab

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
The fact that there was no answer to this question in the past hour and a half demonstrates why I'm not excited for today.

Are we talking about the life of the contract? How much was Mike Sillinger paid for his two seasons? 86 points in 155 games. That was a decade ago though. Jan Hejda? his deal was less than 3 mil a season, though right? And he started to hit the wall the last season in a half.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
I dont write there too much but I follow our team. So, we can take Horton, he will be great to Anisimov IMHO, similar type is Plotnikov and they played together excelent (I mean that Plotnikov is power forward). I think that the line Foligno--Anisimov--Horton would be excelent.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I dont write there too much but I follow our team. So, we can take Horton, he will be great to Anisimov IMHO, similar type is Plotnikov and they played together excelent (I men that Plotnikov is power forward). I think that the line Foligno--Anisimov--Horton will be excelent.

i agree...and hello to you and the fam!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The fact that there was no answer to this question in the past hour and a half demonstrates why I'm not excited for today.

We really haven't signed many UFA FA's here over the years to that kind of amount. The answer is probably Foote.

Wiz was the last guy to sign that kind of deal with us. The rest of been our own UFA's or RFA's.

Horton is a whole level of player that we've haven't tried to sign to be honest. I'm trying to remember the last forward with 30 goal skill that we've tried to sign in FA.

Howson went after Redden and ended up with Commie. Beyond that, Howson was rather modest in the FA market. Foote and Wiz are the two most premier FA's we went after and honestly Wiz has been ok when he's in the lineup.

I guess what I am trying to say is look at other teams and see what kind of luck they've had. Horton is uncharted territory for this franchise. I can't think of one UFA that we've signed that is as prominent as him. Wiz and Foote are the closest I can remember.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
FWIW I just ignored it.

I did the first time, but he asked again. I think he's kind of looking at something that's a bit irrelevant with the history of this franchise.

While Horton scares the hell out of me, I will say his playoff performance(s) have been outstanding from what I've seen.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007

Because I'd expect Iginla to give as good or better output as Horton at roughly the same price, but on a far shorter term. If Iginla is looking for a 5+ year deal, this makes no sense. But, if he's open to a 2-3 year deal, I'd be very interested. Dude is still a 30 goal scorer.

I assume he wants to go to a big time contender, but not many of those have the cap space to sign him.

Again, I hope we at least kicked the tires.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Horton has a Cup. I don't think we have any other players that have one, unless I'm overlooking someone.

No it doesn't mean anything but it's there.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Horton has a Cup. I don't think we have any other players that have one, unless I'm overlooking someone.

No it doesn't mean anything but it's there.

You're right, nobody on our current roster has a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad