Speculation: Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Looking over the UFAs...Yikes.

Looks like any significant improvement to the club is going to have to come through trades.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Looks like any significant improvement to the club is going to have to come through trades.

At this moment in time, maybe. There are still a couple of names I like. Having said that, things like look better after buyouts.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

really, really, really want Clarkson.

Did I mention that before? Really want Clarkson.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
really, really, really want Clarkson.

Did I mention that before? Really want Clarkson.

I said this to the wife. She didn't seem to appreciate it, with her slam-the-door line being "...and she looks like a troll!"

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Clarkson is a pipe dream ... really think he ends up in Toronto, as he's from that area and seems to have a desire to go there.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
With all the Malkin speculation coming out and one guy on the mains stating multiple times now that Malkin will be a jacket. I keep trying to think if there is a deal to be made. Now be easy this is my first attempt at a trade proposal and i'm no good at these. Now i now pit wants defense so i was thinking along the lines of Tyutin, Umberger, and 2 1sts. Please be easy on me.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i joked on twitter about it this morning saying Nikitin and Umby are as far as I'd go...but yeah, we'd prob have to retain a bit of RJ's salary, but i could see that as some sort of work around...Pens fans wouldn't like it...but for a nearly unsigned Malkin, I'm not giving up a lot of assets needed...

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
With all the Malkin speculation coming out and one guy on the mains stating multiple times now that Malkin will be a jacket. I keep trying to think if there is a deal to be made. Now be easy this is my first attempt at a trade proposal and i'm no good at these. Now i now pit wants defense so i was thinking along the lines of Tyutin, Umberger, and 2 1sts. Please be easy on me.

I don't see how the Jackets can get Malkin without including at least one of Murray/JJ/Bob.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
i joked on twitter about it this morning saying Nikitin and Umby are as far as I'd go...but yeah, we'd prob have to retain a bit of RJ's salary, but i could see that as some sort of work around...Pens fans wouldn't like it...but for a nearly unsigned Malkin, I'm not giving up a lot of assets needed...

Agreed, we already gave up quite a bit for 90 games of Gaborik. I have a hard time selling the farm for 82 from Malkin. Cap goes back up right as both would hit free agency, and going to be a lot of suitors for both of their services. Just have a hard time thinking either would be here in 2 years.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Agreed, we already gave up quite a bit for 90 games of Gaborik. I have a hard time selling the farm for 82 from Malkin. Cap goes back up right as both would hit free agency, and going to be a lot of suitors for both of their services. Just have a hard time thinking either would be here in 2 years.

I agree that getting both of them locked up in the same summer would be nearly impossible, but what makes you think Gaborik is a sure goner?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

IMO, not even close. You are giving them a lot of salary and not a lot of value.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I don't see how the Jackets can get Malkin without including at least one of Murray/JJ/Bob.

IMO, they would have to include 2 and/or they would have to add a lot of draft picks and Johansen.

I wouldn't trade for Malkin, because he would cost a TON, but I would love to have him on the Jackets.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
we better watch it...we're headed to

shiny-object-syndrome.jpg

territory

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I agree that getting both of them locked up in the same summer would be nearly impossible, but what makes you think Gaborik is a sure goner?

Just a gut feeling that we were his parachute out of New York, and and will be discarded once he gets the opportunity to get his feet back in a more desirable location.

Maybe I just have too many friends who live in Minnesota who are still bitter about his contract year there, but I just have a hard time expecting things to go smoothly.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Without a doubt, i was just stating what someone else did. But who/what do you add? That's a franchise cornerstone if I've ever seen one.

Like I said, I would love to have him on the Jackets, but I wouldn't trade for him. It would just take too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad