Speculation: Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Bill Dodson ‏@billdodson4 3h
Free Agent Frenzy today. 12pm-2pm on. TSN2. 2pm- 5pm on TSN. Primetime Special 7:30pm-8:30pm on TSN. TSN.ca as well.
Retweeted by James Duthie

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
i think if we're rolling 3 scoring lines there is...also makes ppl compete for their spots...

We just don't have the room in terms of roster space or cap space. IMO, it is smart to leave some cap space open if we want to trade for someone during the year.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
For that exact reason. Now Giroux can't be signed till he is 40+ yrs old.

Help me out here. Giroux is 25, contract starts next yr, he'll be 26. Plus 8 yrs makes him 34 (maybe 35 depending on birthday). How do you get to 40?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dollars not term. On a side note, it should be 6 years max. Contracts are not adjusting, yet, to the new CBA. Teams are obviously hoping for significant cap increases.

Something to consider; with some of the insane contracts going on right now, a player (contract really) that might have been untradable in the past, such as RJ, might be starting to look a whole lot better around the league right now. To be fair, other than the Bob contract (which was a bit out of JK's control), JK has set us up very well with other contracts to be able to absorb bigger contracts.

I'll be honest, a Horton contract scares the hell out of me.

In the future, if something doesn't really change next season I don't see Johansen being reasonable with his contract demands and could very well be on the move.

My hope for today is actually a bit outside the box. Get Horton, see if we get get Gagner out of Edmonton (or something similar with another team) with a deal around a defensemen, and resign Aucoin as the 7th dman (stop gap for development) and see if we can get someone to take RJ (assuming he agrees to a trade and maybe eat a million of his contract over the next 4 years to get the deal done if we have to).

They are still less than what they would be under old CBA.

Parise, for example, makes 80 mil the first 8 years of his 13 yr deal.

Otherwise, agreed.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If we sign Horton for that price, I can only see us going after that 3rd goalie to push McElhinney. If we get Horton, barring trades of course, I think we will call it an offseason in regards to signing players to our NHL team.

IHeartZherdev*

Ok...Lets play a game. When does Porty first put any real information out there? Not just re-tweeting, but full on information. I say the over/under is 12:30.

does information on terrible musicians count?

skimp

Dec 19, 2006
Ok...Lets play a game. When does Porty first put any real information out there? Not just re-tweeting, but full on information. I say the over/under is 12:30.

Cut him some slack. It's not like his employer is part of the ownership group, his office is mere blocks from the arena, and his one job is to report information about the team.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
per capgeek, Columbus has re-signed Cody Bass to a 1 year, 2-way deal worth $600,000. Bass is an UFA

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If Horton or Clarkson get the money expect, the Jackets will have less than $3 million remaining under the salary cap. If both of them go elsewhere, the Blue Jackets could aim lower on the free agency board -- Valtteri Filppula? Viktor Stralberg? -- and ostensibly sign more than one guy. But that seems unlikely.

Also, if the Blue Jackets sign a free agent, it likely means the end of Vinny Prospal's career with the Blue Jackets.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...akers/2013/07/cbj-target-horton-clarkson.html

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Alfie's leaving Ottawa. I don't believe it. Him in any other colors will be... insane.

On topic: I was up til 5:30 (not because of this, just couldn't sleep) and am back after 4.5 hrs sleep. Let's do this thing! First up: Nathan Horton! Hiyo!!!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
If we sign Horton for that price, I can only see us going after that 3rd goalie to push McElhinney. If we get Horton, barring trades of course, I think we will call it an offseason in regards to signing players to our NHL team.

Horton, Prospal, Hedberg. That covers two scoring forwards plus an established NHL backup, and most likely stays under $8 mil annual total laid out.

Also, I love Hedberg.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does Jenner's contract only affect the cap if he makes the team? I'm guessing yes but don't know for sure.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Horton, Prospal, Hedberg. That covers two scoring forwards plus an established NHL backup, and most likely stays under $8 mil annual total laid out.

Also, I love Hedberg.

Thats not a bad option at all.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Does Jenner's contract only affect the cap if he makes the team? I'm guessing yes but don't know for sure.

Yes. I believe if anyone is in the NHL, their cap hit goes against the teams cap, and if they aren't in the NHL, it doesn't.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
They are still less than what they would be under old CBA.

I expect UFA contracts to be a bit more inflated. RFA contracts were supposed to help teams retain their own players with more reasonable contract terms. Really not apples to orange discussion here. Not to mention G really isn't a goal scorer and you usually pay more for those. He's approaching Crosby money and Crosby can score 50+ goals.

Having said that they got their man for 8 years, but the dollars in the NHL are even more out of control than they were. If 4 years his contract will probably look better.

I'm not going to respond anymore to this, in this thread. We are going OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad