Speculation: Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
I'll be honest, it feels really good for once to be at the center of the Free Agent Frenzy. No matter what we do today, I'll be excited that our front office and ownership put us in a position to be players for the big boys.

Having written that, if we sign Clarkson to a $5-6m long term deal, I'll lose my lunch. I think he's a poor man's RJ, yet he'll get paid like a rich man's RJ. That, to me, is ridiculous. Especially when we already have the real RJ on our roster and we can't get rid of him fast enough.

Am I the only one who'd trade RJ for Vinny in a New York minute?

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
I'll be honest, it feels really good for once to be at the center of the Free Agent Frenzy. No matter what we do today, I'll be excited that our front office and ownership put us in a position to be players for the big boys.

Having written that, if we sign Clarkson to a $5-6m long term deal, I'll lose my lunch. I think he's a poor man's RJ, yet he'll get paid like a rich man's RJ. That, to me, is ridiculous. Especially when we already have the real RJ on our roster and we can't get rid of him fast enough.

Am I the only one who'd trade RJ for Vinny in a New York minute?

Dubinsky, Foligno, Umberger, Clarkson... similar players.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m

Unless something dramatic happened in the last 18hrs, or will happen in next 30-60 mins, I fully expect Nathan Horton to sign with Columbus.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 4s

Horton also requires shoulder surgery and is expected to miss the a chunk of the season.

He then edited to say "little" chunk of the season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m

Unless something dramatic happened in the last 18hrs, or will happen in next 30-60 mins, I fully expect Nathan Horton to sign with Columbus.

Just a heads-up. We're close to topping out this thread, so a new one will be opened soon.

Also, don't forget that confirmed CBJ signings with links get their own threads.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Here's a question. With #18 taken, assume Horton signs here. What number does he take? 81?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad