Post-Game Talk: Sullivan benches youth to great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
well your following the right team.:laugh:
For better or worse =]
Not like I used to. At least for the regular season.
Post season is where it's at.......... for me.... not for Pittsburgh :wg:

-----
I was digging out my old clothes to donate and I found my 'is this the year' penguins shirt...
man... what year was that goofy slogan a thing? Found a few old sports tee's.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Oh man, see if they have soup dumplings!

FsgiGOilS0GFjRfFPPh3_dim%20sum%20checklist%20UPDATED.png

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

but they didn’t appear in the line rushes and Letang not on the PP (except one time on PP2 lol) so who knows…Rutta and Kap were the only ones missing…still not looking like any of these guys except Petry are playing tomorrow, otherwise why no line rushes…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+I finally watched a game again
+it was this one
+I had some good beers and good company
+We're going to a Cantonese restaurant tonight

-4th lines minutes
Yeah, agree with bottom six TOI usage…this is what RW had to say this am…

“It was a top six kind of game. Jake Guentzel scored twice with Rickard Rakell and Jason Zucker adding one apiece. It almost has to be a top six game because Mike Sullivan isn’t deploying his fourth line all that much. Drew O’Connor and Jon Gruden were both under 7 minutes played with Danton Heinen getting a sliver over eight minutes. The team will start to get some healthy bodies back at forward and I would like to see Sullivan spread the wealth a little more. He has been in a tough spot because the Penguins desperately need points to stay in the race after the big losing streak. They also have to play the long game in how they manage minutes, at least in my opinion, so they aren’t gassed in April. To be fair to Sullivan Gruden finished with an xGF% of 3.05 in his five minutes. Hard to blame him for managing his minutes.”

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
On the bright side Jarry seems to do better with a higher shot volume. Am I right.?
There are shots and than there are shots….there was a game I think Jets with a high volume shots or one of the early Canes games where we held that middle of the ice and just let all those shots from outside easy peasy, that’s fine, but last several games they are all slot shots, off the rush shots all dangerous staff, that’s because our l1 and l3 does not play defense at all, just standing waving their sticks allowing their forwards to skate around and find all kinds of lanes and uncontested shots

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Yeah, agree with bottom six TOI usage…this is what RW had to say this am…

“It was a top six kind of game. Jake Guentzel scored twice with Rickard Rakell and Jason Zucker adding one apiece. It almost has to be a top six game because Mike Sullivan isn’t deploying his fourth line all that much. Drew O’Connor and Jon Gruden were both under 7 minutes played with Danton Heinen getting a sliver over eight minutes. The team will start to get some healthy bodies back at forward and I would like to see Sullivan spread the wealth a little more. He has been in a tough spot because the Penguins desperately need points to stay in the race after the big losing streak. They also have to play the long game in how they manage minutes, at least in my opinion, so they aren’t gassed in April. To be fair to Sullivan Gruden finished with an xGF% of 3.05 in his five minutes. Hard to blame him for managing his minutes.”

Same thing as always... if we continue to just use L1 and L2 into Playoffs it will be another 1st round exit. Obviously, we have injures and L4 has lost a few of their "better" players ...

L3 = Nothing. Carter is not playing well... Someone said Bluegar + for Henrique and I would do that if we could. Carter looked bad yesterday. Since Sullivan is stapled to bad playing vets maybe he would at least juggle with another C veteran.

L4 i= Nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
There are shots and than there are shots….there was a game I think Jets with a high volume shots or one of the early Canes games where we held that middle of the ice and just let all those shots from outside easy peasy, that’s fine, but last several games they are all slot shots, off the rush shots all dangerous staff, that’s because our l1 and l3 does not play defense at all, just standing waving their sticks allowing their forwards to skate around and find all kinds of lanes and uncontested shots
do not underestimate the waving of sticks. sully has it down to a science.
edit; although it could be the standing.:laugh:

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
Great crowd yesterday. Jarry was on his game.

Best Dim Sum in Pittsburgh? I've been looking for places.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
thats a classic: Coach look at me I am working hard..I used to play those kind of tricks in my junior sport career
not as bad as the kid that finish's four laps at the same time everyone else finish's 5 and thinks he's fooled everyone.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad