Post-Game Talk: Sullivan benches youth to great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Despite injuries, pens grabbed 2 points tonight. Pens need to get points where possible until Letang, Rutta come back. That is a very good RD and POJ and Petts can be 2nd and third pairing D men. Hextall has to just accept he may have to eat some overpay for a deal. My guess is he won't and keep Dumo and Carter playing larger roles than they should.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Looking at multiple angles on the Sens goal, Pettersson came very close to kicking Crosby in the face with his skate. Crosby had to swing his head back to avoid it.

Reactions: canadianguy77

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
1346626194790_5908053.png

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Also, Sullivan really has zero faith in the 4th line.

Gruden - 5:37
DOC - 6:40
Heinen - 8:27

Gruden didn't even get PK time. Instead, Carter continues to get 2+ minutes on the PK. Could have easily given Gruden those minutes and kept Carter fresher with 2 less PK minutes.
This coach thinks Carter is the most versatile player on this team. Power-play, penalty kill, empty net, JC is his guy. It really is unbelievable lol.

Also Heinen getting PP time while McGinn is an afterthought….it’s all so weird and dumb. Some of the guys in that locker room must be thoroughly mystified.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Xin Nian Kuai Le!

Happy Chinese New Year.
May Jarry be healthy and good throughout the Year of the Rabbit.

Didn’t see this one, but I do see a 4-1 win with two ES Guentzel goals (and Rust assists)…. and Jarry having to make a million saves still.

NB: has there been any comment from our fearless leader why Ruh was obviously the guy to go with over Smith?
Gong xi fa cai, my dude, and wu fu lin men! Off to eat some xiaolongbao and longevity noodles tonight! And probably gamble the red envelope away at the mahjong table. :laugh:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Our lord and savior Jarry is back! Hallelujah!

Seriously, some of the best hockey the Pens have played this season in the first half of the game, then in the second they apparently decided that Jarry was going to stop everything, so why bother defending. It somehow worked but bad habits like that tend to burn you in the long run.

Good to see line 1 scoring some beautiful goals. Would be nice if this version of Rust showed up more often. Lo and behold, we showed some actual physicality for a change and it worked. Sully must be scratching his head in befuddlement.

Reactions: bomber22 and Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Gong xi fa cai, my dude, and wu fu lin men! Off to eat some xiaolongbao and longevity noodles tonight! And probably gamble the red envelope away at the mahjong table. :laugh:
Gong Xi Fa Cai, indeed! Year of the Rabbit shall be awesome.

We went Japanese tonight, but tomorrow morning it is a religious matter for Shanghainese to get jiaoze (not xiaolongbao). A custom I’ve picked up even if I add weird amounts of chili oil in my vinegar. There’s a start to the day that will leave you bloated for the day!

As for mahjong… I’ve learned that playing a Chinese game for money, against Chinese… as a non-Chinese… is about as dumb as thinking its smart for the companies I work with to decouple from by far the worlds most efficient supply chain. So I eat, and drink. Ganbei!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s great we won and all but we did just beat a bottom 3 team in the east. I don’t recall everyone being this excited with such an unimpressive feat in 20 years.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
A custom I’ve picked up even if I add weird amounts of chili oil in my vinegar
My wife does not get this (Taipei girl) but man, hell yeah. Jiaoze are great but my all-time favorite if I'm not at a place known for their specialty bao is sheng jian bao, with the chili oil + vinegar + soy sauce. All time great hangover food.

Wan shi ru yi!

Reactions: Tender Rip

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
what-do-you-mean-mj.gif

That Horn annoys other teams fans, that's what makes it great.
Unless Toronto is here, do you honestly see that many opposing fans in the arena to justify that annoying AF air horn? We can’t even sell out the arena anymore.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Unless Toronto is here, do you honestly see that many opposing fans in the arena to justify that annoying AF air horn? We can’t even sell out the arena anymore.

Idk. But it was funny as sh*t when Islander fans were triggered on the MB in the playoffs

All them Leaf Jerseys will be Coyotes Jerseys when Matthews signs with AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad