Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Man I wish McCallum was upgraded on at the deadline. I just don't know where he fits. And dumb penalties are creeping back in. And after what the new poster in here said about him wanting out of Sudbury for years I would have obliged that request 5 years ago.

WJ

Him and Goyette were the only two players to be a point per game in last years short playoff run.

More I watch this team post deadline, more evident it is they really needed to pick up one more forward with size and skill.
Bingo we have a winner!!!

WJ

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Man I wish McCallum was upgraded on at the deadline. I just don't know where he fits. And dumb penalties are creeping back in. And after what the new poster in here said about him wanting out of Sudbury for years I would have obliged that request 5 years ago.

WJ

WJ
I know it won't be popular to say in this thread, but McCallum definitely feels like the weak link in the top 9. In his good games, he definitely belongs, but between his boneheaded penalties, and how easy it is for other teams to get him off his game, very frustrating to watch.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Wolves have these breakdowns in the defensive end where they get discombobulated. I don't get it. It's like they stop skating, get confused with coverage etc. whatever it is they need to fix it. That can't happen against top team in your division.

WJ

WJ
I agree on McCallum and disagree with RP evaluation regarding that player. I for one will not be disappointed with his graduation.

Reactions: djscooter

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Villeneuve just got rocked. Both teams trainers out on the ice and stretcher coming out.
From the replay it doesn't quite look like a head shot, but refs are reviewing it.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Would not be a game against Barrie without AItcheson throwing a massive cheap shot. Absolute goon. Aitcheson about 10 inches off the ice on contact, should be an easy match penalty.

Barrie players better be keeping their heads up. Get Coughlan, Pharand and Yearwood on the ice.

OHL officiating is a joke. Wolves players have been tossed for less this year.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Nice to get back into the win column. Musty with 6 points.
I love goals on goalies after an empty netter lol it's the ultimate salt in the wound. Also, 3 straight games scoring 7 goals and 5 of their last 6 lol.
Also, Jelsma looked drunk out there. He fell on his own about 5-6 times.

Last edited:
Reactions: yalbmert25

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Would not be a game against Barrie without AItcheson throwing a massive cheap shot. Absolute goon. Aitcheson about 10 inches off the ice on contact, should be an easy match penalty.

Barrie players better be keeping their heads up. Get Coughlan, Pharand and Yearwood on the ice.

OHL officiating is a joke. Wolves players have been tossed for less this year.
On the replay Aitcheson was looking right at him. Was not pursing the puck that's a charge. That's a match penalty every day of the week. Horrible non call!!! I would of snapped on the bench. How can the coaches sit there and take that. Villy appears done. His shoulder appears to take the brunt.

WJ

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
This was a great example of how a team like the Wolves plays in front of good goal tending, the net should be Vanys until he loses it. Reward him for his efforts tonight but I will not be surprised if our GM gives Vondras the net knowing his decision making.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
boggles my mind that Vandenberg didn't get a start last weekend, and not even dressed in second game. Starting to believe coaches are always second guessing, goaltending works on performance. Who performs the best gets the starts, Vondras has not earned it. Vondras was decent beginning of the year but is a mess right now. Vandenberg has to be the #1 until proven otherwise. He is now 6-1-1-1, pretty good to me.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
boggles my mind that Vandenberg didn't get a start last weekend, and not even dressed in second game. Starting to believe coaches are always second guessing, goaltending works on performance. Who performs the best gets the starts, Vondras has not earned it. Vondras was decent beginning of the year but is a mess right now. Vandenberg has to be the #1 until proven otherwise. He is now 6-1-1-1, pretty good to me.
Yup! Its business not personal. Vandy's net to lose.

WJ

WJ

WJ
It just bothers me so much that we don't have anyone who can intimidate. The Wolves needed a tough forward. This will be our demise. Teams can take liberties all game and then drop a hammer on us late because we don't have anyone through the game to set the tone. Very unfortunate because we are now down an important piece potentially for a long time.

WJ

Reactions: Lycanthrope

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010

WJ

It just bothers me so much that we don't have anyone who can intimidate. The Wolves needed a tough forward. This will be our demise. Teams can take liberties all game and then drop a hammer on us late because we don't have anyone through the game to set the tone. Very unfortunate because we are now down an important piece potentially for a long time.

WJ
I think villy will be ok. Maybe miss a game. We shall see.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022

WJ

WJ
Collins stepped up!!!

Reactions: cub

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Musty hate is quiet tonight. When he is on he is a sniper no doubt. Now we can go back to hating on McCallum I guess haha. I’m happy with the win and points. Wasn’t a perfect game but hopefully keep the wins coming. Also hope Villy is ok. He is a huge part of this lineup. Didn’t look good at all. Love Collins jumping in right away!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Vandenberg was a key trade from Papineau. He's really the best we have at this point, and can only hope he can be "Dahm" like come playoffs. Also hoping somehow Vondras can get his game in order at the OHL level and keep working on things to improve, but he hasn't been trending in the right direction for some time now.

Reactions: cub

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Totally Positive Vibes Friday:
1. Mania had a very good game.
2. Vandenberg was very good
3. PP was solid, big guns showed up
4. PK got way better as game went on
5. All lines looked really good and top six were dominant for long stretches.
6. McCoy is stabilizing D, his leadership on this team will be invaluable.
7. Dvorsky’s back baby
8. Our D were great clearing I don’t of net (someone get Anania a new stick).
9. Collins stands up for teammates (Dubas sign this Guy)!
10. Wolves Win, back in first place.
See ya at the barn tonight…sell out.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I was at the game again last night vs. the Wolves although I really only caught the first period, which the colts played really well. I'm not sure how things broke down in 2nd and 3rd but my guess is just overall depth of the wolves took over.

Power play looked really good, Beaudoin had an absolute beauty 1T off of a laser pass from Jelsma.

Brauti is really coming along nicely. He has a bit of everything in his game. I hope he brings it in the off season, works really hard and can become an impact player next season.

Note on the Wolves - I don't think they are going anywhere this season, no offense. A lot of bickering on the bench between players, players and coaches and coaches and coaches, they just don't seem like a team of brothers to me. Maybe it was just an off night for them but if that is a usual occurrence, I just can't see it working out.
Interesting observations from someone outside looking in. I hope this wasn't the case but I have a hard time hearing that our coaches were bickering with each other because most times I feel we need an AED machine to get the pulse going.

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Interesting observations from someone outside looking in. I hope this wasn't the case but I have a hard time hearing that our coaches were bickering with each other because most times I feel we need an AED machine to get the pulse going.

WJ
Posts like these not worthy to respond too. Especially after seeing only 1 period of hockey.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North

WJ
Bickering might be because they know the pressure is on and they're not always on the same page! Ref: Windsor game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad