Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
how can you say that? Wolves played a good game, they should have won it. Constant pessimistic never fails.
Because, the Knights had significantly better scoring chances(in the 35% of the game you could actually watch with this stream). Simpson did not really get tested much by the Wolves by comparison.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Right through the five hole. Vandenburg played well but it would have been nice to stop that.
As mentioned, he‘s a small goaltender, and thus must rely on his reflexes and athleticism. I want to see him work on not taking himself out of the play by over playing at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: djscooter

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Right through the five hole. Vandenburg played well but needed to stop that. You guys can say what you want.
Being a smaller goalie, Vandenburg is forced to make a lot of desperation saves and has already created quite the highlight reel with those. His consistency has not been great though and much like other goalies, he's given up some real bad goals, but he's definitely stolen some goals as well.

At the end of the day, I think all three of the current goalies are below average at best. I'd hope we'd go with Vandenberg and Krawchuk with that being said, at least it would allow them to add another high end import at the deadline.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Im curious how many other teams have to play 3 games in 2 1/2 days. I feel like this has happened to us on more than one occasion this season.

Maybe the Knights should take some of that money from the players and invest it in their livestream jesus.

Hope the kids have a wonderful holiday break and come back hungrier than ever. We're now into the 2nd half and the deadline around the corner.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Are the announcers not aware of this abortion of a feed
No they were radio. Good too by the way.

Im curious how many other teams have to play 3 games in 2 1/2 days. I feel like this has happened to us on more than one occasion this season.

Maybe the Knights should take some of that money from the players and invest it in their livestream jesus.

Hope the kids have a wonderful holiday break and come back hungrier than ever. We're now into the 2nd half and the deadline around the corner.
No kidding check the schedule and tell me if London ever has to do it once and I don’t mean down the road in Sarnia or Kitchener! Not scared of them at all! Let’s get Dali back and make a few adds. Not needing super human endurance just might help too. Ridiculous farce of a schedule. Not only three in less than three but with overnight travel 268Kms!! to boot.
Obviously frustrated but very proud of the guys for the gutsy effort. Have a good holiday and let’s come back hungrier than ever in the second half and show who we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

As far as I've been told in the past, this is one of the concessions the Wolves have to give in to in order to lock up Friday at their home game night.

Reactions: dirty12

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
In a year where we had to make some bigger moves Paps is behind at this point. Only added DeAnglios, Vandenberg and Signoretti. Dvorsky was a gift good thing because he would had no chance to pay for a guy like him at the deadline.

Just hope he adds to the defence and gets some size up front. A face-off guy is badly needed too.

Beck and Mayer and I would be satisfied. But another depth move after that would be great.

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
game was very even, shots were almost even. We had the lead with a few minutes to go. Late penalty did them in. OT we had our chances.
Penalty in the offensive zone to boot. Discipline continues to be an issue but that really didn’t need to be called. Give me a break.

It would have been nice to have that save but can you ever really say “goalie should have had that” on a break away?
I know, you’re right but as I said though, like it or not, we’re going to need stellar goaltending not just good.
Overall very good job by Vandy keeping us in. I’m not sure either of our other goalies would’ve.

Last edited:
Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Penalty in the office of zone to boot. Discipline continues to be an issue but that really didn’t need to be called. Give me a break.

I know, you’re right but as I said though, like it or not, we’re going to need stellar goaltending not just good.
Overall very good job by Vandy keeping us in. I’m not sure either of our other goalies would’ve.
Coughlin needs to be smarter, refs could have let it slide, but they were calling everything today. Wolves 11 penalties, Knights 13 penalties insane. Total of 24 penalties insane.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Because, the Knights had significantly better scoring chances(in the 35% of the game you could actually watch with this stream). Simpson did not really get tested much by the Wolves by comparison.
I know pretty hard to believe, considering how fresh they were..:sarcasm:

Coughlin needs to be smarter, refs could have let it slide, but they were calling everything today. Wolves 11 penalties, Knights 13 penalties insane. Total of 23 penalties insane.
Yes, you’re right some of our guys need to be able to read the game and the way the refs are calling it and adjust accordingly.

Hard earn point
You got that right dog.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As far as I've been told in the past, this is one of the concessions the Wolves have to give in to in order to lock up Friday at their home game night.

Yeah, Friday night and Sunday afternoon home games is as good as it gets

268km is nothing. All 19 teams are farther from the Soo than that.

Wah! :)
Travel 3.5 hrs to four teams in a 45 minute radius

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah, Friday night and Sunday afternoon home games is as good as it gets

Wah! :)
Travel 3.5 hrs to four teams in a 45 minute radius
Pops try to refrain from adding snarky two cent like comments when you know we just lost a close game and are frustrated. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Wisdom

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Not to pick on him but McCallum went 20 for 57 over the weekend. He takes double the draws over anyone else.

Possession is key. If you can start with the puck instead of chasing it for 20/30 seconds, it's huge.
Man, I never really realized how bad we were on the face-offs. Last night was another really good example.

Knights have already played 4, 3 in 3s this season, and not down the road.
OK go ahead and give me the details. Surely you must know them, Including when they had to travel over 200 km and play the next afternoon after having played two with travel in between. I’m waiting. The only one halfway relevant was the one where they played in Erie the night before, and then North Bay and that started with a Home game. Not three straight roadies. You’re all wet. The rest are a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad