Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Go Wolves. Need to beat the Greyhounds tomorrow
Huge weekend. The Soo is good. They are playing hard and seem to have good systems in place. The Petes at home Friday and North Bay Sunday. I hope they have jump from the drop of the puck. It will be very interesting to see how the team responds after .500 weekend. Anyone know the status of those in sick bay this week? Were they on the ice for practice?

WJ

Reactions: CTrain10

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Vondras with the start tonight. Mania and H.Chitaroni in the line-up.

Big game tonight. No excuses.

Lines for tonight, as per lineup card:

Musty Dvorsky Goyette
Delic McCallum Konyen
Walton Villeneuve Pharand
Yearwood Chitaroni Coughlan

Anania Toure
Protz Collins
DeAngelis Mania

GO Wolves GO

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Musty Dvorsky Goyette
Delic McCallum Konyen

Anania Toure
Protz Collins
DeAngelis Mania

GO Wolves GO
So Larmand waived?
Edit: nm, deadline to get down to 4 OAs

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Musty Dvorsky Goyette
Delic McCallum Konyen

Anania Toure
Protz Collins
DeAngelis Mania

GO Wolves GO
Is this the closest we've had to a healthy roster this year?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Ken MacKenzie, continues his streak of being unable to have this team awake to start games. 11th time in 18 games the Wolves have given up the first goal.

• Haha
Reactions: Section5Petes

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
lol… the Soo announcers “you have to wonder WHY a team with this kind of talent is struggling on the power play”

I think I might have the answer…

Reactions: yalbmert25

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
This team looks PATHETIC right now. Turn over machines. No cohesion. Sloppy play all over the place. WAKE UP

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Won't bother mentioning any players names since that apparently sets off a lot of people in here. But the Wolves are going to be extremely luckily if they can get out of this period only down by 1. Possibly one of the worst periods I've seen them play this year, more intensity on the ice in pee wee games.

This team has no leader, at this point if they're not going to improve the coach, trade for someone who can lead a team.

TheRailBird2

Oct 4, 2023
In over 40 years of watching the Sudbury Wolves, this is about as ridiculous a PP I ever remember. Try something new Sleepy Ken, slingshot stupidity is not working. Constantly going to the top of the umbrella is only resulting in a minimum of one odd man rush the other way every PP we get. At this point, put 2 D on the power play and Walton in front of the net. It can’t be worse than what we are doing now.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Hopefully Rob and Dario are watching this game on tv. Soo announcers carving the wolves and everything they are saying is completely true . I guess Dario isn’t interested in any playoff revenue this year.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
They always say, special teams are an product of coaching. 0% on the PP, 0% on the PK after today's first period. What a performance. Think Howler could step on the bench? It can't be worse.

Reactions: TheRailBird2

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
This team has no character. What a yawner!!!

Soo 2/3 on the PP
Sud 0 for 500 it seems

And that's 5 periods without a goal.

WJ

Reactions: TheRailBird2

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Playing like we are going to be sellers.
If you're a contender, would you want any of these guys?

It's interesting to hear Musty interviewed during the intermission, it sounds like he's still pretty under the weather.

Wolfie

Nov 3, 2023
Who ever runs the Wolves PP needs to be fired, like tomorrow, be it the coach or (probably) the assistant coach

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
If you're a contender, would you want any of these guys?

It's interesting to hear Musty interviewed during the intermission, it sounds like he's still pretty under the weather.
Sounds like what I'm about to do shortly and that's fall asleep.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Who ever runs the Wolves PP needs to be fired, like tomorrow, be it the coach or (probably) the assistant coach
Like I said seems like 0 for 500. I question if one two or three of these coaches are good enough. But also the players need to be held accountable. It's been awful to watch the amount of turnovers over the last 2 and half games. Passes in feet, no pace, no energy, no flow, nothing.

I wish he would change the lines at least. It isn't working. Put Delic back with Goyette and Konyen. Musty/Dvorsky/McCallum. Villy/Walton/Pharand, Yearwood/Chitaroni/Coughlan

WJ

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Lets see if the character is their to turn this game around. Lots of time left.

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Ken MacKenzie, continues his streak of being unable to have this team awake to start games. 11th time in 18 games the Wolves have given up the first goal.
From the Sault announcers who have seen the Wolves for 20 min:
- "there is no communication among the player"
- " every player seems to be playing solo"
-"the pp looks like they pulled the names out of a hat and threw them out there"
- " it looks like this is the first time the players have played with each other"

This had to be the most disorganized/uninterested period of hockey they have played this year

First goal, brutal line change shorthanded resulted on a 5 on 2

Musty with 3 turnovers, one resulting in a breakaway. He should not be your main playmaker. He's a shooter from the face off dots

I'll keep saying it coaching is terrible. Your not fooling anyone Zullich!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Wolves respond to a terrible first period by rolling out the exact same lines. That level of adaptation is incredible.

Great play by McCallum and Anania on that goal. Nice to be getting consistent output from the OAs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad