Jan 19, 2009

So with the list they provided,

2022 Draft not reporting

Quinten Lisle 8th rd
Bruce Braydon 11th rd
Charles Pardue 14th rd

U18 pick Kent Moors

2021 Draft not invited or reporting

Nicholas Larkin 5th rd. (surprised with this one)
Luke Ranieri 14th rd

U18 picks Adam Barone and Garett Joss

2020 Draft not invited or reporting

Ethan Morrow 6th rd
Will Farrow 6th rd
John Kronberg 8th rd
Landon West 9th rd
Mario DiMaggio 12th rd
Marino Ramierz 13th rd
Julio Bianconi 14th rd
Vincent Virgillio 15th

U18 picks

Jack Parker
Gavin McCarthy
Owen Hardy

2019 Draft not invited or reporting

Red Savage 6th
Ryan Gillespie 7th
Ryan Burke 8th
Alex Pineau 8th
Jaxon Bedard 9th
Cameron Kosurko 10th
Cole Watson 12th
Trevor Mitchell 14th
Justin Ross 15th

U18 pick

Sam Vachon

Only two invites listed is Ethan Bell an '04 RW/C 6'0 185lbs who played with Central Ontario Wolves and had 17 points in 29 games which includes 10 goals. Undrafted player who played for Whitby Wildcats U16 AAA in his draft year. Atley Gringorton 18 yrs plays with Esponola PaperKings and last season with the Cubs. Local kid 6'2 left winger with very limited stats. Expect both kids to be here for a short time frame.

As well no Imports are listed as expected out of their protected 4.

Seems like the Wolves will be a younger squad again that will look to build for the 2023-24 season unless some imports report and we improve our OA's.

Notice a lot of players who were drafted in the 2019 and 2020 drafts not showing up. Wolves scouts need to find some diamonds in the rough in those mid round picks. Too many don't show or don't make it. Teams that manage to put together deep teams and assets find players in later rounds like SSM does. We need to get it right with those 6, 7, 8th round picks once in a while. Quintin Lisle not showing is unfortunate because he had some good things said about him and where they were able to pick him at.

D.Robinson seems to be given another chance by the team which I don't think they should be considering there are many more valuable OA's out there. But time will tell I guess.

WJ

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Very few 18 or 19 year old are still on the protected list. They have to remove names each year to make room for the next set of picks.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Seems like the Wolves will be a younger squad again that will look to build for the 2023-24 season unless some imports report and we improve our OA's.

D.Robinson seems to be given another chance by the team which I don't think they should be considering there are many more valuable OA's out there. But time will tell I guess.

WJ
Surprisingly, there is not a lot of (available) OA D more valuable than Robinson. Z.Terry (Flint) is probably their fourth OA right now. Maybe one KGN OA D will be available if they acquire an OA F. Lemieux (colts) is the #4-OA.
After that, I think an over pay might be needed to force an OA D to be made available.
Just using excess picks to acquire 2004-05 D from contending teams looking to make room for deadline acquisitions might be the way to go for the wolves.

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
So no Morrow or McCarthy coming. Only 2 goalies that played junior A. I'm guessing it will be Gaulton as back up. Looked up Rossi. Only played 13 games last year at midget

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
So no Morrow or McCarthy coming. Only 2 goalies that played junior A. I'm guessing it will be Gaulton as back up. Looked up Rossi. Only played 13 games last year at midget
Expect them to run Ranger into the ground like they did Weekes last year. Let’s just hope Ranger remains healthy as Weekes did.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Drafting Gaulton in the 2nd round he will definitely be the backup. I like D. Robinson he can play offensive and defensive and size, if he stays healthy should help the Wolves.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Drafting Gaulton in the 2nd round he will definitely be the backup. I like D. Robinson he can play offensive and defensive and size, if he stays healthy should help the Wolves.
We're only a few that is okay with D.R. Actually we're the only two.

Not the quickest but he's their most physical, crafty damn they have back there to moving pucks out of the zone. When motivated he can be quite effective.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

2022 Draft not reporting

Quinten Lisle 8th rd
Bruce Braydon 11th rd
Charles Pardue 14th rd

U18 pick Kent Moors

Luke Ranieri 14th rd

Ethan Morrow 6th rd
Will Farrow 6th rd
John Kronberg 8th rd
Landon West 9th rd
Mario DiMaggio 12th rd
Marino Ramierz 13th rd
Julio Bianconi 14th rd
Vincent Virgillio 15th

U18 picks

Jack Parker
Gavin McCarthy
Owen Hardy

Red Savage 6th
Ryan Gillespie 7th
Ryan Burke 8th
Alex Pineau 8th
Jaxon Bedard 9th
Cameron Kosurko 10th
Cole Watson 12th
Trevor Mitchell 14th
Justin Ross 15th

U18 pick

Sam Vachon

Only two invites listed is Ethan Bell an '04 RW/C 6'0 185lbs who played with Central Ontario Wolves and had 17 points in 29 games which includes 10 goals. Undrafted player who played for Whitby Wildcats U16 AAA in his draft year. Atley Gringorton 18 yrs plays with Esponola PaperKings and last season with the Cubs. Local kid 6'2 left winger with very limited stats. Expect both kids to be here for a short time frame.

Notice a lot of players who were drafted in the 2019 and 2020 drafts not showing up. Wolves scouts need to find some diamonds in the rough in those mid round picks. Too many don't show or don't make it. Teams that manage to put together deep teams and assets find players in later rounds like SSM does. We need to get it right with those 6, 7, 8th round picks once in a while. Quintin Lisle not showing is unfortunate because he had some good things said about him and where they were able to pick him at.

D.Robinson seems to be given another chance by the team which I don't think they should be considering there are many more valuable OA's out there. But time will tell I gues

2022 Draft not reporting

Quinten Lisle 8th rd
Bruce Braydon 11th rd
Charles Pardue 14th rd

U18 pick Kent Moors

Luke Ranieri 14th rd

Ethan Morrow 6th rd
Will Farrow 6th rd
John Kronberg 8th rd
Landon West 9th rd
Mario DiMaggio 12th rd
Marino Ramierz 13th rd
Julio Bianconi 14th rd
Vincent Virgillio 15th

U18 picks

Jack Parker
Gavin McCarthy
Owen Hardy

Red Savage 6th
Ryan Gillespie 7th
Ryan Burke 8th
Alex Pineau 8th
Jaxon Bedard 9th
Cameron Kosurko 10th
Cole Watson 12th
Trevor Mitchell 14th
Justin Ross 15th

U18 pick

Sam Vachon

WJ
Some of the 2020 drafted players will be there. Including Morrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: cub

howlman

Mar 9, 2004

Rossi will surprise. If Gaulton flat out wins the backup role, then great. If not, let Gaulton play a ton as the No.1 in Espanola, and you hope Rossi or Morrow can hold their own in the OHL and play around 15-20 games. Then next season Wolves are set with a tandem of Gaulton and Rossi/Morrow. That's my hope

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad