Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Now Toure is staying with the NHL Sens?
Keep in mind the team that signed him. The GM & coach want big, physical, good skating players to mould. The Sens have reached for Boucher and Roger in rounds 1 & 2.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Keep in mind the team that signed him. The GM & coach want big, physical, good skating players to mould. The Sens have reached for Boucher and Roger in rounds 1 & 2.
Toure is an incredible story but lets be real if anything hed be playing in Belleville or Sudbury. Hed get eaten alive in the NHL.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Keep in mind that his improvement if he played with the Wolves would have been immense.I bet other teams would have also signed him.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Here's a Sudbury Wolves roster that would be serious on making a deep run into the playoffs:

Musty Rehkopf Goyette
Martin(OA) Delic G.Hayes
Filak
Villeneuve Pharand
Yearwood H.Chitaroni Coughlan
extras: Mauro, DiGiantommaso

Mayer(OA) Collins
DeAngelis Mania
Anania(OA) Chromiak
extras: Pryce, Protz

Vondras
Krawchuk

Transactions leading up to the trade deadline:
-Larmand released
-Martin brought in for picks
-McCallum flipped to Brantford for picks
-Mayer brought in for picks & Bruce
-Toure flipped somewhere for a pick
-G.Hayes brought in for the Walton twins & picks
-DeAngelis brought in for picks
-Filak brought in for picks
-Konyen flipped somewhere for a pick
-Rehkopf brought in for Taylor & picks (once January window opens)
I am not sure Sam Mayer is going to be available. Rob Wilson indicated in the OHL 20 in 20 interview that he was going to be a big part of the Petes defence this year. I think the Petes are going to keep him at least to start the season. If he was available he would probably cost Sudbury a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th draft picks. I doubt they would be interested in a 17 year old right shot defenceman who was drafted in the later rounds. They already have two good 16 year old defencemen and an 18 year free agent that they have signed plus veteran, Donovan McCoy all of which are right shot defencemen.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I am not sure Sam Mayer is going to be available. Rob Wilson indicated in the OHL 20 in 20 interview that he was going to be a big part of the Petes defence this year. I think the Petes are going to keep him at least to start the season. If he was available he would probably cost Sudbury a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th draft picks. I doubt they would be interested in a 17 year old right shot defenceman who was drafted in the later rounds. They already have two good 16 year old defencemen and an 18 year free agent that they have signed plus veteran, Donovan McCoy all of which are right shot defencemen.
I always shake my head with fans play GM and come with these scenarios of cost for a player in which really have no idea the worth of a player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pucks Deep

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I always shake my head with fans play GM and come u with these scenarios of cost for a player in which really have no idea the worth of a player.
My scenario for Sam Mayer is based on previous trades for similar type players. Kingston traded Jake Murray to Guelph for two, 3rds and a 4th round last season. Him and Mayer are comparable but Mayer was key player on an OHL Championship team and has Memorial Cup experience so I believe he is worth a 2nd and a 3rd based on the Kingston-Guelph trade. They Petes are not going to trade him if they don’t get a decent return.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
My scenario for Sam Mayer is based on previous trades for similar type players. Kingston traded Jake Murray to Guelph for two, 3rds and a 4th round last season. Him and Mayer are comparable but Mayer was key player on an OHL Championship team and has Memorial Cup experience so I believe he is worth a 2nd and a 3rd based on the Kingston-Guelph trade. They Petes are not going to trade him if they don’t get a decent
All of which have little consequence

howlman

Mar 9, 2004

Good to see him getting an opportunity as an OA in our league, but don't love the fact he's in the same division as the Wolves. He's going to be a thorn in the Wolves side this season. Don't sleep on Mississauga, lots of young high end skill.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Wow not good enough for the Wolves(according to a lot of naysayers) but good enough for the Ottawa Senators.Many on this board wanted him shipped out.

Toure if returned will be a solid OA player. I like his game. Not a fun guy to play against with his reach, physicality and skating ability. I think the thought process is can the Wolves upgrade their OA group somehow? Wolves seem set to start with Anania, McCallum and Toure if returned.

Reactions: dirty12

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Good to see him getting an opportunity as an OA in our league, but don't love the fact he's in the same division as the Wolves. He's going to be a thorn in the Wolves side this season. Don't sleep on Mississauga, lots of young high end skill.
Good on Wolves to find Marc a place to play. I hope he takes it easy on us…

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Toure if returned will be a solid OA player. I like his game. Not a fun guy to play against with his reach, physicality and skating ability. I think the thought process is can the Wolves upgrade their OA group somehow? Wolves seem set to start with Anania, McCallum and Toure if returned.
Mayer and Punnet are probably not available at a price Papineau or any GM is willing to pay, so at this point I hope those are the 3-OAs. I ike them all individually. I really don’t like the wolves’ D as a whole.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Mayer and Punnet are probably not available at a price Papineau or any GM is willing to pay, so at this point I hope those are the 3-OAs. I ike them all individually. I really don’t like the wolves’ D as a whole.

What are your thoughts on Mania and Chromiak?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What are your thoughts on Mania and Chromiak?
I think they can be at the higher end of #2-3 D at 19, and prefer they are not the players used as trait bait. But I do not believe they can defend their position in a tough spot this season.
Anania - Mania as a 2nd pair would be ok? Chromiak or Mania with Protz or Toure can’t happen, right?
The reasons I wanted Toure and/or McCallum replaced with all-purpose OA LD honestly.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I always shake my head with fans play GM and come with these scenarios of cost for a player in which really have no idea the worth of a player.
LOL, so true I've noticed as well a few Pete's fans REALLY love there players. But hey there coming off of recent success so let them enjoy it.
Noticed the Wolves are ranked 8th in the preseason national rankings! Congrats and enjoy the fans truly deserve a contender especially after a couple of solid seasons from your neigbours / rivals to the east.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That's fantastic for Toure, well done. Welcome to Sudbury Mayer
I doubt Sam Mayer will be traded to Sudbury. Rob Wilson indicated on the Peterborough Pete’s OHL’s 20 in 20 interview that Mayer was going to be a big part of Peterborough’s defence this coming season. It appears the Petes are keeping him as one of their three overage players to a least start the season.

• Haha
Reactions: I Loveallsports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad