Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Quite a few NHL coaching openings already with I’m sure more to come. Wonder how soon DM pulls the pin

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

Quite a few NHL coaching openings already with I’m sure more to come. Wonder how soon DM pulls the pin
I think he's hear for a bit. I'm sure hed like to add more to his resume. Not just one season in the OHL

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Just had a quick look at ohl combine rosters. No NOHA kids invited, one from Tbay. I am not familiar enough with the kids to know if a northern kid played his mm year down south.
Also congratulations to Alex pharand. This is a great opportunity for him to show something.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Just had a quick look at ohl combine rosters. No NOHA kids invited, one from Tbay. I am not familiar enough with the kids to know if a northern kid played his mm year down south.
2008 draft eligible and 2010 eligible appear to be really strong years for the NOHA.

Soo Greyhounds just went undefeated at the OHF All Ontario U15 Round Robin this week. Semis and Finals tomorrow.

Nickel City Sons in 2nd after the Round Robin of the U13 All Ontario Championship. Semis and Finals also tomorrow.

Very impressive.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022

Not enough. This hit was so premeditated as it was their last game of the year and down by several goals with nothing to lose. When Collins went into the corner for the puck this kid went after him with speed and cross checked him from behind driving Collins head first into the boards. Brutal and dumb. As a result one of our best D (NHL Drafted) misses the playoffs. If the Wolves Suspension standards were applied it should have been 8-10 games minimum…IMO.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Final Rankings from NHL Central Scouting for North American Skaters:

#14 Musty
#70 Mania
#77 Pharand
#178 Toure
#191 Delic

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Draft starts Friday 7pm first three rounds, I personally would like to see us take Ivankovic if he is still their at nine. Reviews are off the charts on him, best goalie in years. I have NO faith in Paps filling that role at the Euro draft as his history of getting players to report is pitiful. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: hockeynorth

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Draft starts Friday 7pm first three rounds, I personally would like to see us take Ivankovic if he is still their at nine. Reviews are off the charts on him, best goalie in years. I have NO faith in Paps filling that role at the Euro draft as his history of getting players to report is pitiful. What are your thoughts?

I like the idea of taking Ivankovic. Sounds like a stud goaltending prospect. Would set the team up nicely in net for the future.
But... he's not going to be relied on as our No.1 guy next season as a 16 year old. If Wolves are to contend next season, the Wolves are going to need this #9 pick to be their biggest trade chip come the January window for trading 1st round picks. I hate to think of it this way, but realistically whoever the Wolves take with this #9 pick is going to be traded next January, if the Wolves are in fact serious about icing a contender and going all in.

Reactions: dirty12

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Good point but we have to also take into account the following year which really could be the year we go for it. Just a thoughtful.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Good point but we have to also take into account the following year which really could be the year we go for it. Just a thoughtful.

Sudbury will have to make that choice. Do you go for it next season or the following season? I'd vote on going for it next season. If the decision is to go for it the following season, you absolutely have to trade next season Goyette, Collins etc. None of this half ass stuff and trying to be competitive the next two seasons. Pick a year and GO FOR IT. I believe Dario would vote on going for it next season as well. He's hungry for a winner and a deep playoff run. It's time Sudbury wake up and build a true contender. It's been long overdue.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Two more deals for the Wolves. Wolves have gone from having a lot of high picks this year, to not that many real quickly.

1681920393441.png

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
This is a good sign. More picks to utilize in trades to bring in bodies next season. Awesome we got another 2nd in 2026 to trade
Oshawa and Erie trades were fine, thought the priced to upgrade to that 2026 2nd was quite high though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad