Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Our forward group looks to be elite next season. Young, but elite. Lots of high end skill. Get a goalie and add another bonafide top 4 dman.. Paps can set this team up pretty good next season if he plays his cards right. Gotta capitalize on this draft and the Import draft to achieve that, along with a trade or two early on

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Guess it all comes down to whether Misa will report to an American team.
I believe a willingness to report to any team is part of the process of being granted early entry.
Though if managing Erie, I’d hope the player did not report. That would amount to something like compensatory 5th overall, end of 2nd & 3rd round comp picks, plus some combination of 5-7 2nd-5th picks from the team trading for his rights.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Our forward group looks to be elite next season. Young, but elite. Lots of high end skill. Get a goalie and add another bonafide top 4 dman.. Paps can set this team up pretty good next season if he plays his cards right. Gotta capitalize on this draft and the Import draft to achieve that, along with a trade or two early on
If we get a re-run of last years import draft Papineau needs to be ejected into the sun.

As far as who the wolves may be picking goes, in the main ohl draft prospects thread, someone mentioned Hage put out on social media that he was visiting schools. Guessing he's going to play the NCAA/London/Kitchener/Etc card and won't be coming to Sudbury.

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015
For sure we will have another good draft, with more elite young players, for sure it will still be a young team and for sure he needs to play his cards right, first card on deck is the OA, this team needs to win next year and make a statement, we need real OA, not unproven ones like Lemaire, or injured ones like D Robinson, can't screw up,Degrassia is the only one who showed he deserved a spot, spots shouldnt be just given away, next card is Euro draft, seemed like every team had a good Euro except Sudbury, nothing against Jenek but it was a little late getting him, I hope he starts playing cards early, we and the players deserve a winning season, can't wait for draft.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
If we get a re-run of last years import draft Papineau needs to be ejected into the sun.

As far as who the wolves may be picking goes, in the main ohl draft prospects thread, someone mentioned Hage put out on social media that he was visiting schools. Guessing he's going to play the NCAA/London/Kitchener/Etc card and won't be coming to Sudbury.
Papineau will be going no where...from what I heard he and Zulich locked up another 5 years. Just what a little bird told me unconfirmed.

WJ

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
2022-2023

Delic - Goyette - Konyen
Musty - Pharand - DeGrazia
Derbridge - Assadourian - Larmand
Boudreau - Simpson - McCallum
Hollingsworth

Holmes - Mania
Hoover - Collins
Larkin - Bishop
Anania

Morrow
Rossi

When they add Villeneuve/ Spence/Hage/Misa, 2 2nd round calibre players, a 3rd rounder, 2 OAs and at least one import, that is a very solid roster. The L2 can become L3 with the exception of Musty, and all dmen can get bumped down at least a slot, plus a true starter. The team will be good next year.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
2022-2023

Delic - Goyette - Konyen
Hollingsworth

Holmes - Mania
Hoover - Collins
Larkin - Bishop
Anania

Morrow
Rossi

When they add Villeneuve/ Spence/Hage/Misa, 2 2nd round calibre players, a 3rd rounder, 2 OAs and at least one import, that is a very solid roster. The L2 can become L3 with the exception of Musty, and all dmen can get bumped down at least a slot, plus a true starter. The team will be good next year.
Funny I was just putting my pen to paper as well on the line up.

Delic Goyette Konyen
Musty DeGrazzia Pharand
Boudreau Larmand McCallum
Derbidge Assordorian

Omit- Hollingsworth, Smith, Simpson we just won't have the room for them and they do not provide enough with age, size compete level etc to take a roster sport from probably a top forward or two incoming from the draft as well possibly an Import forward.

Holmes Collins
Anania Mania
Hoover

Omit- P and D Robinson, injuries plague Dylan and Payton is too weak defensively.

Add in possibly an OA defender and one of Larkin, Bishop or Cochrane or possibly our highest D pick from the draft.

Rossi
Morrow

Both goalies are unsigned and I doubt we start the year with no experience. I see a trade happening to get a vet or an import will be drafted.

WJ

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Looks like we're all looking relatively similar.

Delic - Goyette- Konyen
Boudreau - 1st - Assadourian
Derbidge - Larmand - McCallum

Holmes - Collins
Import - Anania
Hoover - Mania

Import
Rookie

Obviously some of the other players from last years draft class will be trying to grab some spots as well.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
2022-2023

Delic - Goyette - Konyen
Hollingsworth

Holmes - Mania
Hoover - Collins
Larkin - Bishop
Anania

Morrow
Rossi

The central is well on its way to becoming a loaded division. I can see that wolves roster above as being middle of conference good next season. Too early to predict tiers;
Miss, Barrie
Peterborough, Ottawa
NB, Kingston, Sudbury, Niagara
Hamilton, Oshawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad