Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Timins

Sep 20, 2021
I thought so as well. I would like to see more of all the signed kids. Unfortunately he will no longer be able to play as he is only aloud 10 or 12 games as a call up. Maybe the Bishop kid will get a few looks as well but I think it depends on where the season takes them. If they drop off and are out of the playoff hunt maybe we will see some more weekend stints for them all.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I believe it's 10, and he's already had 11 so he would likely have to go on an A card.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Did Konyen return from the McDonnell head check? The camera just barely catches it, but it looked bad

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Did Konyen return from the McDonnell head check? The camera just barely catches it, but it looked bad

He did not.
I am very impressed with the energy and grit that Josh Hoover has brought with the limited time he has spent with the team. Would like to see a lot more of him as he could prove to be a valuable asset moving forward.

He should have been on the team since day 1 over Peyton Robinson.

Wolves fan

Nov 7, 2021
Hopefully Konyen is ok. Its a big loss for the team. I heard billet families are only allowed 1 ticket for the games that have a limit of 500 fans. That kind of sucks for them.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

No but he got up quickly and didn’t show any apparent signs of being woozy. Biggest issue seemed to be that he was bleeding pretty good and it may have also been protocol and or precautionary. Of course there’s an element of wishful thinking here, perhaps we’ll hear something about him soon.

Reactions: justawolfan

Jack Timins

Sep 20, 2021
No but he got up quickly and didn’t show any apparent signs of being woozy. Biggest issue seemed to be that he was bleeding pretty good and it may have also been protocol and or precautionary. Of course there’s an element of wishful thinking here, perhaps we’ll hear something about him soon.
He will be out at least the 7 day caution period just like McCallum

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
What are the chances that any tickets get released to the public for the upcoming home games over the next few weeks? If anyone has any info from the team or the box office about this, it would be appreciated.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What are the chances that any tickets get released to the public for the upcoming home games over the next few weeks? If anyone has any info from the team or the box office about this, it would be appreciated.

Between billets, sponsors, and season tickets holders. I'd be surprised if any of the 500 tickets made it out to the public.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
I am very impressed with the energy and grit that Josh Hoover has brought with the limited time he has spent with the team. Would like to see a lot more of him as he could prove to be a valuable asset moving forward.

Agree completely... he's 5'9" but still stands head and shoulders above P.Robinson and Nolan Collins

Reactions: Wolves2023

Jack Timins

Sep 20, 2021
ok .. big body decent skater but nowhere near as talented as other first rounders lime goyette or musty.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
ok .. big body decent skater but nowhere near as talented as other first rounders lime goyette or musty.

May be true, but Goyette is a year older and both he and Musty played last season when most prospects didn't at all. Pharand didn't go first round out of the North for no reason . Hopefully it clicks for him but it's only his 16 year old rookie season. A ton of talented players including NHL stars didn't light it up in their first year of juniors so still very early

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
That power forward in front of the net guy is what they are hoping he will be. Time will tell I guess.

Jack Timins

Sep 20, 2021
May be true, but Goyette is a year older and both he and Musty played last season when most prospects didn't at all. Pharand didn't go first round out of the North for no reason . Hopefully it clicks for him but it's only his 16 year old rookie season. A ton of talented players including NHL stars didn't light it up in their first year of juniors so still very early
I am not saying he will not be really good I am just saying coming out of the North is always a little hit or miss due to the fact the competition is not very strong. Playing against weaker players along with being much bigger its hard to tell how good someone is . The fact he was already traded twice make me wonder. But big body that can move and is not shy plus right handed. I am hopeful

Reactions: wings5

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Well Delic off for two games, back on Feb 8th, Anania off one game back on Feb 6th.
Note though, Declan McDonnell.... got 8 games for that targeting the head late hit on Konyen - out until Feb 21.
Hope Konyen is ok and suited up soon.
What's with Konyen being an invitation to getting hit in the head, late lol. 2 longest suspensions for on the ice this year are Dylan Robinson head check and Declan McDonnell head check, both 8 games, both against Evan Konyen

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What's with Konyen being an invitation to getting hit in the head, late lol. 2 longest suspensions for on the ice this year are Dylan Robinson head check and Declan McDonnell head check, both 8 games, both against Evan Konyen

I assume Konyen talks quite the game, he consistently gets people on the ice pretty pissed off. Him and Musty have both been the recipient of quite a few late hits/cheap shots after the whistle.

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad