Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Soto from Kingston would work for Thompson, they have players the Wolves could be very interested in. I would bet something is in the works here.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There was some really good OA D, and OA deadline is 3 days in advance of the trade deadline instead of one day; so OAs are going first.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
If it helps, I’m sure most Fronts fans feel the same way. Hopefully, both sides can make each other feel a bit better. I’d have to think the Fronts would be a huge bidder at this point with X in Hamilton and everyone else loading up.

Reactions: dirty12

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Could Soto be in the mix? would they move him?
I think they would if they need to. And it’s feeling more and more likely they may need to with the Hamilton, Oshawa and north bay moves. They don’t have a lot of draft capital so if they can’t get it done with picks/Budnick then they would probably have to depart with Soto. They would also need to replace him with a real solid 3rd liner as well as the 3rd line would be considerably weaker.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I think they would if they need to. And it’s feeling more and more likely they may need to with the Hamilton, Oshawa and north bay moves. They don’t have a lot of draft capital so if they can’t get it done with picks/Budnick then they would probably have to depart with Soto. They would also need to replace him with a real solid 3rd liner as well as the 3rd line would be considerably weaker.
Budnick and Soto for Thompson and McCullum would you do that?

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Budnick and Soto for Thompson and McCullum would you do that?
If it were up to me I’d try to get the 2nds and 3rds, plus Budnick to work first for just Thompson. Or if it needed to be just Soto, ie no other way and a rival was getting him, then just Soto for Thompson, so I could turn around and try to use the 2nds and 3rds to get another strong Dman and also really shore up the 3rd line.

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015
Thompson and Stillman for Soto and picks and next year we get Ludwinski on the cheap side

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Waiting for Paps excuses for failing once again at the deadline.

My instincts tell me players maybe don’t want to come here. Making it very hard for trades to happen. And I wouldn’t disagree with them considering the coaching staff in place.

WJ

Reactions: howlman

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Waiting for Paps excuses for failing once again at the deadline.

My instincts tell me players maybe don’t want to come here. Making it very hard for trades to happen. And I wouldn’t disagree with them considering the coaching staff in place.

WJ

I would not be surprised if Papineau is over playing his hand, again. But the OA deadline is 3 days ahead of the deadline for the rest, so it makes sense that OAs go first.
And let’s make one thing clear; no team was going to empty the vault for Thompson without first taking a shot at acquiring Xhekaj.

Last edited:

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
The wolves should maybe consider 2003-05 born goalie and defence.

Like I states before, wolves have goalies in each of these age groups. Why not bring one in for remainder of the year? I'm guessing wolves won't be making a splash like we want. Weeks has played well but not well enough for a team to take him on a run. Thompson is probably the only true asset, stillman has less than stellar

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Thompson and Stillman for Soto and picks and next year we get Ludwinski on the cheap side
Could work for both sides. Still wouldn’t be my preferred route as a Fronts fan but I’d take it if nothing else could be worked out. Trading both 5th overall picks would make the future quite bleak for the Fronts.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Why would Missy be in on Thompson? I thought their D group was already outstanding?

Reactions: LDN

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It's an expensive add to an area that is already a strength. I would be looking for forwards if I was Missy.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Let's see if Weeks is moved in the next hour. I would have expected Paps to have a high asking price for Thompson as he should. He will find a deal but his job is to get as much as possible so therefore you need to ask for as much as possible. OHLinsiders can be a bit of a Wolves hater. This is exactly what a GM should be doing a few days before the deadline. He will go to the highest bidder regardless of him asking for the moon right now. What team steps up?

Reactions: ottsabrefan and LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad