Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
In other positives, I thought last night was one of Musty's better games so far. He seemed to be making a much better effort to engage defensively, saved a goal on a backcheck, just has a solid overall game despite coming away with not much to show.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I really like the pickup of D. Robinson, he has real presence on D.

We need another one with some experience to play after Thompson on the right side. Maybe the Wolves can afford to deal P.Robinson for a 19 year old.

WJ

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
We need another one with some experience to play after Thompson on the right side. Maybe the Wolves can afford to deal P.Robinson for a 19 year old.

WJ

My number void I see on this team would be to add a legitimate point producer to play in the top 6.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
My number void I see on this team would be to add a legitimate point producer to play in the top 6.
Yeah well I’m not sure that will happen as we don’t have much in picks to deal with and nobody in the system not currently on the roster I believe somebody really wants.

The ideal thing would have been for Tumaala and Savage to sign. But that is a 0 percent chance now.

So I say strengthen the defence and then we can fly with that. We have enough assets back there to afford to lose on of these younger guys. With Mania, Hoover, Collins, Larkin, Cochrane Anamia, and Bishop we will fine for the future. So move P. Robinson out and bring another right shooting 19 year old for the top 4 and we will be ok.

That way we have D Robinson and that other guy to bring back as OA’s next season.

WJ

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

WJ

Or inquire about Woolley to replace Manikis: OS has four OAs.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
One of my big takeaways from last night was that Petrov is a heck of a player. Almost forgot OHL teams were allowed europeans. Must be nice.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
One of my big takeaways from last night was that Petrov is a heck of a player. Almost forgot OHL teams were allowed europeans. Must be nice.
If anything North Bay really lucked out getting Petrov and the young 17 year old dman from Russia who hits like a truck. Then add in quality overage players in Coe and Russell. They really hit the jackpot when you factor in those players with a good solid core of 16 & 17 year old first year players. They will go far this season.

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah well I’m not sure that will happen as we don’t have much in picks to deal with and nobody in the system not currently on the roster I believe somebody really wants.

The ideal thing would have been for Tumaala and Savage to sign. But that is a 0 percent chance now.

So I say strengthen the defence and then we can fly with that. We have enough assets back there to afford to lose on of these younger guys. With Mania, Hoover, Collins, Larkin, Cochrane Anamia, and Bishop we will fine for the future. So move P. Robinson out and bring another right shooting 19 year old for the top 4 and we will be ok.

That way we have D Robinson and that other guy to bring back as OA’s next season.

WJ

Savage? What's he like 30 now? Lol

Haven't heard his name brought up in years.

Let it go WJ

Looks like we're riding it out within for the most part.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Savage? What's he like 30 now? Lol

Haven't heard his name brought up in years.

Let it go WJ

Looks like we're riding it out within for the most part.
Red Savage 18 years of age. Drafted by Sudbury currently in college at Miami Ohio. Let go of what?

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Red Savage 18 years of age. Drafted by Sudbury currently in college at Miami Ohio. Let go of what?

WJ
I'm aware who is he draft status etc. Point was nobody has ever thought he'd be a wolf. He was always going to the same school as his father. That ship looks to have sailed. Perhaps our luck has run out drafting Finnish players lol. However lucky to have had number 1 picks so close together.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I'm aware who is he draft status etc. Point was nobody has ever thought he'd be a wolf. He was always going to the same school as his father. That ship looks to have sailed. Perhaps our luck has run out drafting Finnish players lol. However lucky to have had number 1 picks so close together.
You may be surprised next season. Wouldn’t count Red out yet. His one reason to play in college was to have a season with his brother. Being drafted and 19 he may end up in the OHL next season. The ship may have sailed but it doesn’t mean he can’t take a speed boat back!

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
You may be surprised next season. Wouldn’t count Red out yet. His one reason to play in college was to have a season with his brother. Being drafted and 19 he may end up in the OHL next season. The ship may have sailed but it doesn’t mean he can’t take a speed boat back!

WJ
Lol@ speedboat. Good one.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Lazy penalty first shift for McCallum. Tripping again. I don’t understand these players.
WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Weeks cleanly beat blocker side from a Petrov shot.

Did the Wolves get a shot on goal yet?

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad